“Like Family”
Review of Wildwood Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Willamina
Wildwood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Willamina
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We had the privilege to stay there for 2 months when my husband was working in Williaminia. We stayed through the months in 2 different rooms. They were clean and homey. The kitchen well stocked with necessitities. The owners were and still are like family.

Room Tip: Look at them all.....if you love antiques this is a place you'll love
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Robbie J

Reviewed 26 February 2013

My wife & I had show tickets at the Casino and decided not to stay there (not our scene). After looking around, I found the Wildwood Hotel was nearby, and they had a room. The hotel is nice, and everyone working there was great. We checked in and were shown to our room (#2) which was in the front of the building and had a utility closet on one side, and the outside of the building on the other, so we had no neighboring guests sharing a wall, which was nice as the building is older & sound carried with people coming up the stairs.
The building is definitely old, and beginning to sag in places. Not a bother to us, but it's not a new place by any stretch of the imagination.
We had breakfast downstairs in the restaurant which was very good. We also had a drink in the bar and it was karaoke night, which was quite an (awesome) experience. There were only 2 "outsider" couples in the bar, and the other 30+ people were all locals. But everyone was very friendly. The drinks were strong and cheap...is there a better combo???
The only thing I'll say about the hotel is that it could use a thorough, detailed scrubbing. While the bedding was clean & fresh, the floors, baseboards, closet, etc, were VERY neglected, dusty, and looking rough. I'm sure a cleaning company could come in for a few hundred bucks and make it sparkle...it would be worth it!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oregonwineguy13
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I am very glad that someone has something nice to say about this place. I was treated like I was stupid. I was overcharged on my credit card, which was "not their fault" so I am out that money....our room was NASTY DIRTY as the carpet was not vacuumed, there were smashed flies on our bathroom floor, hair in and on the bathroom sink, soap [--] rings in the bathtub, and hair in our supposedly clean sheets. The whole floor tilted as did the bed because the bed had a broken leg, the head of the bed was in an old closet that had capped off but hanging wires coming form an old light fixture. The walkway upstairs in the "hotel" part was very tricky due to linoleum tiled floors with soft throw rugs that do not grip the floor. There is a pub downstairs that during the day is quiet, but don't count on sleeping at night....especially kareoke night! Good grief! No tv....no phone....those would have been ok but for $65 a night, there should have been something for entertainment. Granted, there was the community living room where guests can go watch what other people are watching. The community kitchen would not have been so bad had it been clean and supplied with disposable plates, cups, and utensils, but since itwas equipped with glass things and nothing to wash them with to be sure they were clean before they were used....yuck! For the price we paid, at the very least we should have been able to have a clean room where we could get to sleep before 2:30 AM! I will never stay there again and I will never recommend this place to anyone I know. Yes, it was cute, but that is the only nice thing to be said about it. Lesson learned. I traveled for almost 2 hundred miles and had my reservations 3 weeks in advance. I heard other people in their bathrooms complaining about the same things I was. How can this place even rent out these piddly rooms?

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A B
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Best Getaway spot wonderful people and an all around good time! You have everything you need to have a good time without having to drive! The staff are warm and welcoming and the Hotel is rustic and great if you want to unplug and relax!!

Room Tip: ask to look at all available rooms as only some have a shower the rest are wonderful deep tubs!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darcey H
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Stayed in room 6 and loved the place. Staff is the best. The common areas are all out of the 50's and very homey. The beds are very comfortable. Place used to a brothel in the 30's. The restaraunt downstairs has great food at reasonable prices. Small town of about 1800 people. Took a walk before dinner and looked thru windows at some antique stores. Saw some stuff we were interested in and asked at the restaraunt about when it would be open. The lady waiting on us took us into the bar and introduced us to the store owner, a lovely lady. We asked about some canisters we saw thru the window and she handed us the keys to the place, told us to go look around and lock up when we were done. We were stunned. We went, looked and agreed to meet her there in the morning. We will go back to Willamina again and stay at the Wildwood. Place is said to be haunted, we did not see or feel anything spooky tho.

Room Tip: The owner said room 6 is her favorite
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Skiptown
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We stayed here last summer (my teenagers and I) and this is a tough one to review. The young lady who checked us in, and is also a waitress in the downstairs diner as well as a bartender in the tavern at night, came to feel like a friend by the end of our stay, she was so friendly, helpful and outgoing. SHE made the place a decent choice. So did the price. I saw the room photos online and they are relatively accurate, but fail to mention that not all the rooms' bathrooms have showers.
This place feels like someone's home, not a hotel, and in certain rooms (we had 3 total) the noise at night from the downstairs tavern is deafening when they have live music. In other rooms, the morning street traffic (logging trucks) is also very loud. The floors are uneven and sloping, and the whole place smells like my grandmother's attic. One room had a bed that actually tipped at the ends if you were to plop down in the middle... another was hard as a rock. All the beds we had were very creaky; my daughter chose to sleep in the little cubby instead. No tv in the rooms, but there is a living room for all the guests to use, which does have one. There was a also a kitchen with a coffee maker, but you have to supply your own coffee, sugar, etc.
Everything was worn and dingy, and the walls were so thin we heard every little sound from all the other rooms, so we were always trying to be extra quiet in the mornings to not disturb other guests.
We ate breakfast in the downstairs diner and that was excellent, again very reasonably priced.

If you really hate impersonal hotels, and are a low-maintenance traveler (esp on a budget) then try out the Wildwood. I found it to have a certain charm, and I loved checking out all the little antiquey knick-knacks everywhere, but we won't be staying there again. Sorry to the lovely woman I mentioned earlier!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a shower when you make your reservation, unless you really prefer tak...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank familydiva
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I recently spent a night at the Wildwood Hotel. I was visiting friends in the thriving metropolis of Sheridan, which is only a few miles away. My friends recommended the Wildwood Hotel.
Willa mina is a very small town just off the route from Portland to Lincoln City. I hadn't been there before and I gotta tell you, its pretty small. It does have two small groceries and a place to rent videos.
The hotel is on the main street above the bar and restaurant. They have only a few rooms, all with queen sized beds, decorated in an antiquarian style. My room had a tub and looked out at the grocery store across the parking lot. The bed was comfy, I loved the tub and the wing chair was just right for reading my novel.
Best of all, for me, were the cooking facilities. i don't like restaurants al that much and the nice people at this hotel made it very easy to cook. I prepared spaghetti for myself and my friends and we ate on a table in the kitchen. It was just like home...sort of.
Anyway, it worked out very well and I had a great stay. If you demand a modern, plastic Day's Inn style hotel, this isn't for you. But if you're looking for a comfortable room in an out of the way logging town, this may be your cup a joe.
jeff

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank JeffLookinatFish

Been to Wildwood Hotel? Share your experiences!