“Don't trust the owner!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Wilsonville
Long Beach, California
“Don't trust the owner!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

We reserved a king bed and asked for a quiet area (I am a light sleeper). When we check in we were told our room number and the location on a map. Our room was right next to the pool. I immediately spoke up telling the owner, who was at the desk, that I am a very light sleeper and I need a quiet area. She assured me and my husband that the room was very quiet. I expressed my concern about the noise level given it was next to the pool. She essentially dismissed our concerns and again assured us that she had slept in that room and it was very quiet.

We got to the room to find it was a handicapped-access room with a queen-size bed. We were tired, plus the room had direct parking lot access and a lot more room between the furniture and in the bathroom so we didn’t complain.

We next found that water barely trickled out of the hand-held showerhead so my husband called the front desk to ask them to replace it with a regular showerhead.

When we went to bed the room was actually kind of quiet. We didn’t hear the people at the pool, any of the traffic, or noise from neighbors...for a couple of minutes. Then the pool pump turnned on for a couple minutes, then off for a couple minutes, then on for a couple minutes, then off and on and off and on ALL NIGHT LONG.

The next morning my husband went to the front desk, explained the situation, and asked for another room. He was told they were booked and we couldn’t move. He also asked again to have the showerhead changed.

When we returned in the evening, the showerhead still had not been changed. I went to the front desk, explained again and asked for the third time when it would be replaced. The front desk woman looked all over and couldn’t find one. She ended up calling the owner directly to find out where she could find a showerhead and came to the room to replace it herself.

The only positives were (1) Everyone else we dealt with, aside from the owner, was okay and (2) They offer a very nice breakfast that they kept stocked with the usual cereal and Danish but also waffles, muffins, yogurt, actual orange juice, and hard boiled eggs. We stayed at several places with breakfast and this was the only one to offer eggs. The only problem is they do not have enough seating. 3 or 4 tables and not enough chairs for those even.

We cannot recommend this facility at all given the attitude of the owner. She didn’t take our concerns seriously. She put us in a room where she KNEW we would not be happy. That is not the attitude of an owner who wants to keep a client’s business.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place but if you do stay here keep away from the pool unless you will not be bot...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Medford, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Yes, it is cheap but the adage "You get what you pay for" is very true here. Front desk staff is not very helpful with issues and honestly they seem to care less about someone who has concerns about cleanliness, lack of needed advertised amenities, and security/safety. Dirty room, uncomfortable bed and pillows, blanket clearly needed replacing (several holes and stains), highway noise very disturbing, no movie channels and only about 15 TV stations, door did not close properly and would not completely lock, wireless internet non-existent for the most part and they claim they had wireless but after beig given a cord and plugging into the wall, nothing happened. Highly receommend avoiding this place and using a travel book coupon from the rest stop to stay at the Quality Inn down the road. Was scheduled to stay here for 4 days/3 nights but after first night I packed it up and went down the road, actually was less with the coupon that this place and was much better. Oh, and did I mention the several colonies of ants I came across both outside and inside? Seeing clusters of hundreds of ants outside is one thing, but when they are also in the lobby, entrance halls, and breakfast room you got to wonder if they ever heard of an extermiator.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Wilsonville hotels

Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

After a crummy stay at their sister property in Bellingham, this property was a wonderful surprise and a great value. The desk clerk was a very friendly, helpful person; the property was extremely clean and the rooms were large and comfortable. It was also really quiet. There was a local dog show, and the hotel was full of dogs, but we were never disturbed by noise, even in the morning with all the show dogs and handlers getting ready. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone passing through Oregon.

Room Tip: There is a divider between the two large beds, affording some extra privacy if you are sharing a roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Coquille, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting our daughter and her family, on the recommendation of a friend. We requested a quiet room, away from indoor pool and stairs and were pleased with a very quiet location. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. However, this is all that I can say in its favor.

The woman who greeted us was very abrupt although she was not waiting on anyone else nor answering phones. I had the impression I'd taken her away from something more important. The linen room behind the desk was open to view and mounds of dirty wet towels were heaped on the floor. I had to ask about breakfast and also about the pool as she gave me no information, nor was there anything in the room about either.

There was a prominent sign in the bathroom announcing that you must not take bath towels to the pool and that any missing towels would be billed to you at a ridiculous cost considering the quality of the linens. However, when we went to the pool area later, there were no clean towels. When we requested them at the front desk, we were told in a rude way that there were none. When I asked what we were supposed to do since we were forbidden to bring down our bath towels, the clerk assured me that there would be clean towels in 20 min. An hour later, there were still none to be had. So we used our bath towels and when we asked for them to be replaced, the desk clerk said there were none!

There were also a great deal of young people who arrived at the pool en masse -- young men who wanted to play ball in the pool which made it impossible to swim laps or to safely have the baby in the pool. We got the impression these folks were friends and family of the staff rather than guests at the hotel.

To add insult to injury, there was also no coffee at breakfast. This hotel is clearly understaffed and under-supplied. Though the location was very convenient and the cost extremely fair, the experience was not a good one and we will not stay there again. It would have made such a difference if someone had just apologized instead of acting exasperated with us.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor, midway between the two staircases, rooms in the 220s. Even though these a...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Large rooms, large vanity in bathroom, plenty of outlets and lighting. Clean except for the stained toilets.
Micro and fridge. Affordable, even on Memorial Day Friday weekend. We needed two
rooms and asked if we could get a deal on 2 rooms... $49 plus tax for each.
Lots of kids in the pool. Pet friendly. I was missing my dog back in Texas, so loved meeting a husky who was checking in with his person.
Large lobby. Friendly reception. Location off the highway is good and bad. Noise hearable
but I didn't find it a problem. Behind Arby's off I84. I love Arby's, so I considered the location to be 5 stars based on that alone :)
Two cons: stained toilets and low-wattage hair dryer.
Recommended. We liked it enough to find another Guesthouse when we reached another city.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Kirkland, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I requested a suite when I booked a one night stay at the Inn for my husband, adult son and me. I made it very clear that we required two private rooms - for obvious reasons. The booking clerk confirmed this was what we would get. We checked in and discovered the only separation was a 3' x 3' divider between the beds.
My issue is that the manager didn't take responsibility and was only prepared to rent us a second room at an additional room rate - reduced but still an additional expense. And we were separated though the whole point of the trip was to spend time together.
I believe that when you get it wrong you have a responsibility to put it right to the best of your ability. Obviously the manager didn't see it that way. It was late, we were tired - we paid up, but we won't be going back.

Room Tip: Get as far back from the car park as you can - it's noisy out there. On the positive side, you...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jacqui B
Tacoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I staid in this hotel last fall with friends and left our luggage all day in the room. When we came back, we found our that our room was infested with bedbugs. After telling the nightmanager about this, we were informed that "they knew of the problem, but thought it was taken care off". Excuse me, what!!!!

DO NO, and I mean DO NOT stay here!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kathy L
GuesthouseInn s, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Wilsonville, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
We are very sorry for your unpleasant experience. When the issue was exposed we immediately got treatment from professionals at terminex to fix the issue and it has been cleared. Here at Guesthouse inn and suites we ensure you and our guests that this is a clean and safe environment with routine check ups and that we are taking all precautions that we can to make sure this does not happen. Guesthouse inn and suites wants to assure you and all viewers that we are keeping the hotel in the most optimistic conditions and that we value our customers and want you to feel comfortable while you stay with us. Thank you and we hope to see you on your travels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilsonville
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
#1 of 4 in Woodburn
Super 8 Woodburn
Super 8 Woodburn
#3 of 4 in Woodburn

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Wilsonville? Share your experiences!