“Really fresh sandwiches, great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Oregon Coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,617 helpful votes
“Really fresh sandwiches, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We'd never even seen a Jimmy John's but in the last couple of days in the Portland area had seen two of them, so decided to give it a try for lunch. We had no idea what it was. Oh, it's a sandwich place!

There is a lot of selection. Fortunately they weren't yet busy when we came in since it took us at least 5 minutes to figure out what we wanted. I got a turkey and bacon sandwich and my husband had a ham 'and something' one. Both were good!

One of the major differences between this place and Subway is that here everything seemed really, really fresh. The French roll must have been baked that morning and was super soft. The employees all were friendly, fast moving and efficient and appeared to enjoy their jobs.

Our sandwiches were ready in nothing flat! The music was (to me) ear piercingly loud inside so we ate outside in the rare October warm sunshine. Even the outside tables were spotlessly clean. I only managed half my sandwich and took the other half back to our RV. It was just as good for breakfast the next day :-)

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank half-Brit

Wilsonville, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sandwich place anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

If you have never tried Jimmy John's and you frequent Subway or anyother sandwich shop you will never go back. I discovered JJ over three years ago in Beaverton. Once the Wilsonville location opened I knew it was trouble. I am in there at least three times a week. You will not get a toasted sub or 20 different bread choices at JJ. You will get an amazing french roll or thick sliced wheat bread. The combinations are vast and delicious made with quality products. The owners are very friendly as is the entire staff. They greet you when you walk in and when you leave. Most of the time your sandwich is ready by the time by the time you finish filling your soda. They will even deliver, one sandwich if that's all you want, and they are as their motto says freaky fast. I have taken friends and out of town guests to JJ and they crave it and want to know when they'll have one in their town. I cannot rave enough about this establishment and this location. A little tricky to find but they are to the left of Red Robin on Wilsonville Road. Try them out and you will not be disappointed.

Visited January 2013