“Great stay at the Holiday Inn Portland” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Portland South
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Wilsonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Wa
“Great stay at the Holiday Inn Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

My son had a soccer tournament in Portland and this hotel was the closest to all the fields. I got a screamin' deal booking this hotel through the Entertainment book. It was half the price of a regular room! Make sure to bring your Entertainment card WITH you. They wanted to see mine when I checked in at the front desk. I booked two rooms, one for my family and one for my parents. We were on the second floor. Both rooms were average size. The beds were really comfortable and the pillows were labeled "soft" or "firm". I thought that was nice. The bathrooms were great. Average size, not too small, not really large. The rooms both looked like they had been remodeled recently. The covers on the bed were modern in style as were the desk and chairs.

The pool is around the corner from the front desk. It is not like most hotel pools. It is not closed off from the rest of the hotel. You walk around the corner from check in and you can hear the kids shouting and playing because the pool is open to the hallway. It was interesting. It made it cold when you got in and out of the pool, but it was kind of fun. The pool is on one side of the hall and the hot tub is on the other. Both had doors that locked well (which is an important feature in my opinion since there is no other door you have to access to reach it.) The hot tub faces a beautiful atrium window. I thought it was really beautiful. The night we arrived (a Saturday evening) they were playing the movie "Ice Age 2" on the wall inside the pool area. My kids LOVED it! The pool is average size too. I saw that they have a lift for disabled people, but I did not see anyone use it. It was covered when we were at the pool. They have the pool set away from all the rooms, so I don't think the noise bothers anyone except people walking down the hall.

I didn't go to breakfast, but my parents did and they said the breakfast buffet was wonderful. My family was very satisfied with our stay at Holiday Inn Portland. My only observation were the two men who checked us in. They were not as friendly as they could have been. They seemed stressed out. They weren't rude, just not super friendly. Great hotel overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Liz P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and location so much. My team and I look forward to your return.

Liz Powell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. The walls were so thin felt like the other room people were staying with me. Could listen to all there phone calls, tv, and personal conversations. They could hear me too. I knew when they were even using the bathroom, heard it all. It was right by my business or I would have left. Usually always stay with holiday inn and have never ever had such a problem and I travel for work. Although there room service was speedy and the hotel was clean, that was the plus.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelGM97070, General Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
First and foremost thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I will say that we are extremely sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will say that we rarely hear your concern about noise transfer from room to room as our building and walls are made of cinderblock and are concrete. This type of construction provides the best sound proofing and really reduces the noise that would transfer between walls. With that said I would love to speak with you directly about the room you were in while here at the hotel so I and my maintenance staff can investigate to determine what can be done to correct the issues you experienced with us. I can be contacted directly at 503.682.5597.

With that said it sounds like you enjoyed the other aspects of our hotel and we really appreciate hearing those comments from you. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are back in Wilsonville.

West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Great location right off the I-5 (but was not noisy at all). Close to outlet mall and highway to the Coast, as well as a 10-min drive to downtown Portland. Price was amazing for the value. Rooms were clean with all the amenities. Kids loved the pool and hot tub.
We would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. From your comments it looks like you found great value in our amenities and our close proximity to downtown Portland. We love to hear the kids enjoyed our onsite indoor pool and spa. We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you are traveling in to the Portland area!

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a nice Holiday Inn on the southern edge of Portland. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable and the location was very convenient for us. The room was priced very reasonably. We would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Older hotel, but pleasantly upgraded. Clean and comfortable with no bad odor. Breakfast was typical and fine. All staff we encountered were very friendly & helpful. Had a great coffee machine in lobby for free basic coffees and pay upgraded coffee drinks...free espresso couldn't have been better!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear jfleming32,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

The b3 bistro was great. Loved Mel @ the bar to relax and eat good food.the rooms were great and the service was excellent. Very satisfied with the attitudes of every employee that works there. Plus close to alot of shopping and other amenities. Will definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelGM97070, General Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel and the exceptional comments you expressed about our restaurant and lounge, B3! I will personally tell Mel what a great job she has done in providing you an excellent experience in our lounge. Please don't forget we are very close to both the Bridgeport and Woodburn Shopping outlets for the upcoming holiday season. We hope to see you again soon and over the holiday season!

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

The hotel was close to where we needed to be for a memorial service and even tho it was right off the freeway, there was no sound of it. Rooms were well appointed with the typical amenities in the bathroom. What I really like were the pillows. They had a creative band (removable) around them that stated if they were Soft, Firm or Hard. Nice touch! Price included a breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant or a $10.00 credit off the menu.

Only complaint was that we had to wait to be seated for almost 10 minutes and there were only 7 tables occupied. It seems that everyone left at the same time and the rest of the tables needed to be cleared.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelGM97070, General Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at our hotel. Overall it sounds like you were able to relax and enjoyed our guestrooms as well as our many different pillow options. In addition we try to give our travelers several different options when it comes to breakfast. We know each traveler has vastly different needs so we have tried really hard to provide 3 different options to you. The hotel offers a quick (Grab and Go, Full Hot Breakfast Buffet or many different Cook to Order options). We hope these 3 choices allow our guests to be productive and fast for those that are "on the run" or want a relaxing breakfast or for those that want to meet together for a productive breakfast meeting. Again thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again very soon!

Jeff Brown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilsonville
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
#4 of 9 in Wilsonville
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Wilsonville
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Comfort Inn and Suites Tualatin - Portland South

Been to Holiday Inn Portland South? Share your experiences!