“Friendly and clean”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Friendly and clean”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights earlier this month, as my daughter was dancing in a nearby competition. This was the recommended hotel for the event, and the rates were good. The gal at the front desk was very friendly and quick at getting us into our room. The facility is pretty big, so we did have to walk quite a ways to get to the elevators, but it was not a big deal. Our room was nice and spacious. Everything was very clean. The sink area is in the bathroom, which I prefer, and there is plenty of counter space. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. They have both soft and firm pillows on the beds, too, so you can use what you want. They have the little sign on the bathroom counter that says they will give you whatever you have forgotten - like toothbrush, razor, etc. I didn't need anything, but I just think that is good hospitality. We ate breakfast both days at the hotel restaurant. It was typical breakfast food... Pretty good, but not great. Average prices. Overall we were satisfied and it was convenient, which was why we ate there the second day. It is close to many different restaurants by car. The pool is a little small. On Friday evening, my kids had the pool to themselves and the hot tub was empty. On Saturday, the pool was incredibly crowded and the hot tub stayed full. My kids swam, but my parents (age 70) and I never got into the hot tub. We waited about an hour, but it was packed. Also, the hot tub is in a small alcove across a hallway from the pool. You cannot see the pool at all from the hot tub, and this is a negative for our family because I will generally sit in the hot tub while the kids swim, but I have to be able to see them. I told the kids that they would have to come with us into the hot tub and they weren't happy, but it didn't happen in the end because it was just too crowded. The kids had a blast though (ages 9 and 5). I would gladly stay here again. It is not 5 star, but it is nice and clean and is a good value for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Liz P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. We are pleased that you find our staff friendly and helpful. We do our utmost to provide you with excellent service. The Indoor pool is great in the winter time. Every Friday and Saturday we have Dive in movies. We hope to see you soon on your return.

Liz Powell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 October 2013

For the location and price you will not beat this place!! They also have an indoor pool, fitness center, restaurant and lounge. I used the fitness center and restaurant and both were above expectation for the price. Customer service was excellent. The room was very good. It has all the amenities needed. Once again if you need a place to stay in south Portland, this is the place for you...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your great review. We are very proud that we have earned your business; we look forward to seeing you soon.

Seattle, Wa
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My son had a soccer tournament in Portland and this hotel was the closest to all the fields. I got a screamin' deal booking this hotel through the Entertainment book. It was half the price of a regular room! Make sure to bring your Entertainment card WITH you. They wanted to see mine when I checked in at the front desk. I booked two rooms, one for my family and one for my parents. We were on the second floor. Both rooms were average size. The beds were really comfortable and the pillows were labeled "soft" or "firm". I thought that was nice. The bathrooms were great. Average size, not too small, not really large. The rooms both looked like they had been remodeled recently. The covers on the bed were modern in style as were the desk and chairs.

The pool is around the corner from the front desk. It is not like most hotel pools. It is not closed off from the rest of the hotel. You walk around the corner from check in and you can hear the kids shouting and playing because the pool is open to the hallway. It was interesting. It made it cold when you got in and out of the pool, but it was kind of fun. The pool is on one side of the hall and the hot tub is on the other. Both had doors that locked well (which is an important feature in my opinion since there is no other door you have to access to reach it.) The hot tub faces a beautiful atrium window. I thought it was really beautiful. The night we arrived (a Saturday evening) they were playing the movie "Ice Age 2" on the wall inside the pool area. My kids LOVED it! The pool is average size too. I saw that they have a lift for disabled people, but I did not see anyone use it. It was covered when we were at the pool. They have the pool set away from all the rooms, so I don't think the noise bothers anyone except people walking down the hall.

I didn't go to breakfast, but my parents did and they said the breakfast buffet was wonderful. My family was very satisfied with our stay at Holiday Inn Portland. My only observation were the two men who checked us in. They were not as friendly as they could have been. They seemed stressed out. They weren't rude, just not super friendly. Great hotel overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and location so much. My team and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. The walls were so thin felt like the other room people were staying with me. Could listen to all there phone calls, tv, and personal conversations. They could hear me too. I knew when they were even using the bathroom, heard it all. It was right by my business or I would have left. Usually always stay with holiday inn and have never ever had such a problem and I travel for work. Although there room service was speedy and the hotel was clean, that was the plus.

• Stayed September 2013
HotelGM97070, General Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
First and foremost thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I will say that we are extremely sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will say that we rarely hear your concern about noise transfer from room to room as our building and walls are made of cinderblock and are concrete. This type of construction provides the best sound proofing and really reduces the noise that would transfer between walls. With that said I would love to speak with you directly about the room you were in while here at the hotel so I and my maintenance staff can investigate to determine what can be done to correct the issues you experienced with us. I can be contacted directly at 503.682.5597.

With that said it sounds like you enjoyed the other aspects of our hotel and we really appreciate hearing those comments from you. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are back in Wilsonville.

Jeff Brown
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Great location right off the I-5 (but was not noisy at all). Close to outlet mall and highway to the Coast, as well as a 10-min drive to downtown Portland. Price was amazing for the value. Rooms were clean with all the amenities. Kids loved the pool and hot tub.
We would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. From your comments it looks like you found great value in our amenities and our close proximity to downtown Portland. We love to hear the kids enjoyed our onsite indoor pool and spa. We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you are traveling in to the Portland area!

Jeff Brown
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a nice Holiday Inn on the southern edge of Portland. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable and the location was very convenient for us. The room was priced very reasonably. We would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Older hotel, but pleasantly upgraded. Clean and comfortable with no bad odor. Breakfast was typical and fine. All staff we encountered were very friendly & helpful. Had a great coffee machine in lobby for free basic coffees and pay upgraded coffee drinks...free espresso couldn't have been better!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portland South, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear jfleming32,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilsonville
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
#4 of 8 in Wilsonville
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Wilsonville
Comfort Inn and Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport

Been to Holiday Inn Portland South? Share your experiences!