“Wow...talk about bait and switch”

Snooz Inn Wilsonville
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Wilsonville
Bend, Oregon
“Wow...talk about bait and switch”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This was the worst experience I have ever had at any motel. I was lied to by employees and the place was a dive.

I was in town for business and needed a place to stay for a couple of months. I was promised a set weekly rate by the Snooz In, but they kept raising the amount each week. When I complained, I was told by two different people I would get $100 off of my fourth week. That was the only reason I stayed. I thought I was saving money.

I should have gotten it in writing because when the fourth week rolled around, they denied ever saying it would be discounted. They did offer me another deal, but when I calculated in the taxes, it turned out to be the same amount that they had wanted me to pay for this week in the first place and there was no discount.

In addition to that, the bed was uncomfortable, there is a lot of freeway noise, the air conditioner is extremely loud and you have to turn it up to full blast to stay cool, there are no coffee makers or fitted sheets in the rooms, the tvs are tiny and the sink and lights didn't work well. I had to fill my water bottle in the shower.

On the plus side, there is a Denny's next door, which is handy and the air conditioner does help block out the freeway noise.

Two of my coworkers also stayed at the Snooz In. They had similar problems with their rooms and with their rates.

I decided to leave and found another motel that was close by. It turned out to be only $2 a night more and it is so much nicer. Everything works, the bed is bigger and I have a coffee pot.

For the price I was paying, I didn't expect the Snooz In to be a palace. What I did expect was for them to keep their promises and follow honest business practices.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank CentralOregonGirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2011

good rooms, iffy service, soft beds, flat screen tv

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank gamemaster10476
Loma Linda, California
Reviewed 22 July 2010

My husband and I are visiting family in the Portland area and found Snooz Inn to be very practical for a budget-minded traveler. While the room and the TV are small, it has amenities to satisfy most adults
The frig/micro-wave/TV were not plugged in when we arrived, but all worked fine. The TV has cable with 90 channels. Wi-fi is available. The table and two chairs are compatible for comfortable computer usage. (the seat places you at a comfortable working height-table not up to your chest)
The queen-sized mattress is firm and enables restful sleep. Although the location is along the freeway, the noise did not keep us awake, but it was nice to have such easy access to the I-5 northbound.
The towels/washcloths were thicker than usual for an economy facility. There were no plumbing problems and even the TP was not an economy quality.
Continental breakfast provided an assortment of muffins/pound cake slices. The room key permitted a 10% discount at the adjacent Dennys.
The bathroom tiles have no cracks and the floor looks nice and clean. The shower has a door/there is no tub. Bars (not installed in the bathroom) would be nice to assist those of us who could use assistance in the bathroom, but we managed.
The mini frig is larger than many, and the microwave was helpful.
While I would not recommend this to my friends (because they are more interested in luxury), I would recommend it to the budget-minded traveler.
There is a swimming pool that we did not use about the size of residential homes' pools.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank luv2go2010
Oregon
Reviewed 28 March 2010

If you want to stay somewhere that keeps the rain off your head and at least has a bed and tv, then this place will work, but don't expect too much more. Very minimal spartan rooms. Heater didn't work well enough to keep the room warm (thank goodness I was there in March, not December!), the shower head had a washcloth tied around it to keep it from spraying off in all directions. Towels were typical cheap thin ones you see at the bottom end motels. No wireless or wired internet that I could find. Pluses: it was relatively clean and quiet, easy access to I-5 freeway. I think they do have a free breakfast available to which I did not avail myself.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Sojourner52

Travellers are raving about these Wilsonville hotels