“Slept well” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Wilsonville
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Slept well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Ordinarily I wouldn't want a motel room so close to the interstate highway, however, the room was quiet enough to sleep well. The room is on the small side and the bed is what could be expected. The only real disappointment was that the internet failed for us. Since we travel full-time, this is an important aspect of hotel/motels for us. Great shower. All in all, we were pleased.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I arrived at 830pm and checked in. I then took my 2 small children to the pool to swim for an hour. The pool was very dirty, but I showered them well and tucked them into bed afterward. My 3 year old would not lay still in bed and after 45 min of telling her to be still she began crying that bugs were biting her. I got up and looked and saw dark bugs on the white sheets by her head. I snatched her out of the bed and turned on the lights to see them better. They had run when the lights came on. I found them hiding between the mattress and boxspring and caught one in a plastic cup wrapper. My husband googled bedbug images on his Ipad and sure enough, that's what had been in the bed with us. I took the bug down to the lobby and requested another room, because room 44 had bedbugs. The woman at the counter became very defensive and completely denied that they had bedbugs. I showed her the bug in the wrapper and she denied that it was a bedbug. I showed her the pictures of bedbugs on the ipad and she still denied that they had bedbugs. She snatched the wrapper out of my hands and squished the bug between her fingers. She then demanded that I check out. I packed up my things and returned to the lobby with the key. I asked for a refund as we had only been at the hotel for 2 1/2 hours. She said yes, that priceline would refund my money. I asked her if she was sure, and she snatched the room key out of my hands and scribbled down my credit card number and told me , "you're money will be refunded. You leave now!" I have not seen my refund and it is almost a week later. I'm working with priceline to get SnoozInn to do the right thing and issue me a refund. Unsurprisingly SnoozInn is being uncooperative.

Room Tip: My suggestion to any traveler is to steer clear of this place and to check ALL rooms for bedbugs bef...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank amber676

Travellers are raving about these Wilsonville hotels

Gosford, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

First thing we noticed as we pulled in was the pool had a sigh on it stating, "pool is now closed for good". I booked a room online the night before and I have learnt to keep a copy of the confirmation with me when checking in, lucky I did. They could not find my reservation and told me they did not have access to the online bookings. Finally checked in, the room was ok enough to lay your head and sleep. No coffe machine in room and office did not open until 7-7:30, lucky there is a Denny's
Next door.
WiFi was fairly weak.
Shower was ok.
Probably not stay again if passing through.

Room Tip: Look at booking through external sites for cheaper prices & make sure you have a copy of confirm...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Glenn S
Bend, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

This was the worst experience I have ever had at any motel. I was lied to by employees and the place was a dive.

I was in town for business and needed a place to stay for a couple of months. I was promised a set weekly rate by the Snooz In, but they kept raising the amount each week. When I complained, I was told by two different people I would get $100 off of my fourth week. That was the only reason I stayed. I thought I was saving money.

I should have gotten it in writing because when the fourth week rolled around, they denied ever saying it would be discounted. They did offer me another deal, but when I calculated in the taxes, it turned out to be the same amount that they had wanted me to pay for this week in the first place and there was no discount.

In addition to that, the bed was uncomfortable, there is a lot of freeway noise, the air conditioner is extremely loud and you have to turn it up to full blast to stay cool, there are no coffee makers or fitted sheets in the rooms, the tvs are tiny and the sink and lights didn't work well. I had to fill my water bottle in the shower.

On the plus side, there is a Denny's next door, which is handy and the air conditioner does help block out the freeway noise.

Two of my coworkers also stayed at the Snooz In. They had similar problems with their rooms and with their rates.

I decided to leave and found another motel that was close by. It turned out to be only $2 a night more and it is so much nicer. Everything works, the bed is bigger and I have a coffee pot.

For the price I was paying, I didn't expect the Snooz In to be a palace. What I did expect was for them to keep their promises and follow honest business practices.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank CentralOregonGirl
centralia illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

good rooms, iffy service, soft beds, flat screen tv

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank gamemaster10476
Loma Linda, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

My husband and I are visiting family in the Portland area and found Snooz Inn to be very practical for a budget-minded traveler. While the room and the TV are small, it has amenities to satisfy most adults
The frig/micro-wave/TV were not plugged in when we arrived, but all worked fine. The TV has cable with 90 channels. Wi-fi is available. The table and two chairs are compatible for comfortable computer usage. (the seat places you at a comfortable working height-table not up to your chest)
The queen-sized mattress is firm and enables restful sleep. Although the location is along the freeway, the noise did not keep us awake, but it was nice to have such easy access to the I-5 northbound.
The towels/washcloths were thicker than usual for an economy facility. There were no plumbing problems and even the TP was not an economy quality.
Continental breakfast provided an assortment of muffins/pound cake slices. The room key permitted a 10% discount at the adjacent Dennys.
The bathroom tiles have no cracks and the floor looks nice and clean. The shower has a door/there is no tub. Bars (not installed in the bathroom) would be nice to assist those of us who could use assistance in the bathroom, but we managed.
The mini frig is larger than many, and the microwave was helpful.
While I would not recommend this to my friends (because they are more interested in luxury), I would recommend it to the budget-minded traveler.
There is a swimming pool that we did not use about the size of residential homes' pools.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank luv2go2010
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

If you want to stay somewhere that keeps the rain off your head and at least has a bed and tv, then this place will work, but don't expect too much more. Very minimal spartan rooms. Heater didn't work well enough to keep the room warm (thank goodness I was there in March, not December!), the shower head had a washcloth tied around it to keep it from spraying off in all directions. Towels were typical cheap thin ones you see at the bottom end motels. No wireless or wired internet that I could find. Pluses: it was relatively clean and quiet, easy access to I-5 freeway. I think they do have a free breakfast available to which I did not avail myself.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Sojourner52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilsonville
Quality Inn Wilsonville
Holiday Inn Portland South
Holiday Inn Portland South
#3 of 9 in Wilsonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn

Been to Snooz Inn Wilsonville? Share your experiences!