“A great hotel for traveling dogs!!”

La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wilsonville
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stay here often when visiting the Portland area for various dog events. It is a great place to stay with the dogs. Big rooms hold multiple crates and the refrigerator is large and holds all the food. The bottom floor was perfect for us with our rowdy boys who like to play before bed. It was quiet and looked freshly renovated. The staff has always been very helpful every visit.
There is tons of grass right around the hotel and a good business park right down the street with grass for walking the dogs.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean B
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Wilsonville

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Friday and Saturday nights at the end of May, one room with 2 queen beds for 3 adults (parents and adult child), with my AARP discount still came to $123 per night (including tax). The bed mattresses are very soft and squishy/bouncy, not very firm. Some may like it. The bathroom linens are paper thin (not like Hilton or Marriott). I did ask for extra towels at front desk and they were gracious. The TV reception was very good. The wireless Internet connection was also very good. Other furnishings were so-so. The view out the window was onto that lush greenness of that part of Oregon, much preferred over buildings and parking lots.

We began staying at La Quinta because they are "dog friendly," that is, no extra fees. This time, we left our pet at home with relatives, but there were a ton of other dogs there. I applaud La Quinta for providing this option. If you don't like staying in rooms where animals have been, there are other options. I'll add that I have never detected pet odors in any of the rooms I have rented from La Quinta, and I have a sensitive nose (can't tolerate nasty smells and nasty homes, or for that matter, nasty owners).

Breakfast came with the room. While there was a fair variety, the quality, as most would imagine, was pretty poor: cereal in cereal dispensers, milk in a pitcher, "Danish(?)" in wrappers (The Danes are insulted that we call those things "Danish."), a few pieces of fruit (apples), reconstituted (from dehydrated) scrambled eggs (no doubt from a bag), really terrible imitations of sausage, equally horrible (frozen) biscuits and gravy, make-your-own waffles, yogurt in cups, canned fruit cocktail, cottage cheese, a juice-dispensing machine, tea, and coffee. The coffee was VERY hot and not bad. I would have preferred a further discount on my room for no food. I know I would may more for better food, elsewhere. I'm just stating what I saw (confessing that I tried a few things and they met my very low expectations for taste and quality).

The few staff I encountered were pleasant, but I would recommend an extra person on Sunday mornings. The young lady managing the desk could use an assistant. She was running check-out while also trying to keep the breakfast counter stocked, and she was doing a great job, although a couple of guests appeared to be antsy about waiting. The young employee's composure and courtesy was admirable in the face of ugly Americans.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron W
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was for the price. We loved the room layout and size. The bathroom was its own room. There was a whole "kitchen" counter area with cupboards, bar sink, fridge, and microwave. I have to travel with my own food so this was a great space for me. There was a couch and a table with two chairs. The bed had seen better days and needed to be replaced. The airflow in the room was very stagnant (but not smelly or anything). We had to keep the window open or the fan on at all times for fresh air. It was very quiet overall facing the parking lot. I was surprised to not be able to hear the freeway. The hallway wall was a bit thin but was only a problem if people were being loud in the hallway. The staff was super friendly. Behind the front counter you can buy all sorts of drinks and snacks. This is definitely our new place to stay when the need arises.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank soccer_nut5
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at the Wilsonville La Quinta when visiting relatives nearby. Our room, a queen double, was spacious and appears to have been recently remodeled. Everything was very clean and in great condition. It was a pleasant surprise to have a large under counter refrigerator, bar sink, microwave, cabinets, and kitchenette counter. Staff was upbeat and pleasant. Although the hotel is right against Interstate 5, a substantial bank of greenery and trees blocked the road noise so our room was quiet and the view was a nice forest setting. The only negative was breakfast. It was standard American diet (sad) fare with waffles, sweet yogurts, premix scrambled eggs, and only packaged creamers. Overall though we would stay here again. Very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms!
Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank coding4kids
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the years but this was by far our best visit. It nice to see all the renovations and hopefully they will be finished soon. The addition of the beer and wine sales at teh front desk is a nice added amenity. Our two pugs were always made to feel welcome, and the fact that they do not charge for their accommodation is an added benefit. Keri on the front desk is definitely a keeper. We have stayed at many hotels over the year including several 5 star properties but Keri is by far the best front desk person that we have encountered. Other hotels should contract with her to train their staffs. We look forward to our next visit....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cecs2014
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The accomodations were neat and clean, the location convenient and the service was incredible! We would not hestitate to recommend this hotel to friends or family. It was the staff that was most impressive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Wilsonville La Quinta while on spring break. This is an older La Quinta, but my daughter and I thought it was very clean and quite. Really nice hot breakfast, clean rooms. South of Portland, but only about 15 minutes from downtown. Will stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilsonville
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Wilsonville
Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego

Been to La Quinta Inn Wilsonville? Share your experiences!