“Mediocre, decent room at a low price”
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wilsonville
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We were less than impressed. The building was old, beds were hard, pillows where thin, sheets and pillowcases were thread bare, plumbing drained slow, air conditioner was loud, breakfast was wimpy with old shriveling fruit and a minimal selection of a few muffins and a waffle maker. No swimming pool, spa or exercise room that we could find. The redeeming qualities were friendly staff, paid only $64 for a family of four, it was near a Starbucks and only 28 minutes outside of Portland. The price was great, the rest was a bit lacking. We actually got a cheaper price than any of the online sites by calling the hotel direct and using our AAA card. Next trip up, we'll look for a different hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and they put us on the top floor so no one was above us.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 December 2011

I used to stay here frequently, maybe a couple times a week over a 10 year period, but no longer. That works out to a little over 60k that I have spent there personally and more if you count my other employees.

The last time I went to stay there I ended up leaving and finding another hotel in the area. The young man at the desk was as bad at customer relations as you can get.

Over the years, Maya and some of the other desk staff have always treated me well and given me a reasonable rate but not this guy. It was nice to be able to walk in and have the staff recognize me and give me the correct room at a reasonable rate but this guy would not even try. I have spent to much money at this hotel to be treated like he did to me. After a long day of work I do not need the additional stress he put on me.

I will not take a chance that he might be there and go back, especially since the management would not even talk to me about it.

I did try to contact the hotel management but was totally ignored, both by phone messages and email.

There is another hotel very near that has better prices and better facilities. I suggest you go there and not take a chance at being mistreated.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank RLB_28
Reviewed 16 December 2011

A web site promised 60% off list prices but when I checked the hotel web site the price was $20 cheaper! The hotel has basic amenities (no shampoo) and simple furnishings (including a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot) but was clean and quiet. The simple, but adequate continental breakfast and paper were pluses. It was well worth the money we paid. The non refundable room charge was significantly cheaper than the refundable one.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Too far from Portland if you don't have a car but close enough to commute.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed one night here after a late concert. We just wanted a clean room and a comfy bed.
We found both, the staff was friendly and helpful, even to the point of changing our room at our request because we were booked on the 4th floor near the conference room and elevator and we prefer the ground floor.
Room rate was very reasonable and the property is very convenient to Portland attractions, but allows travel south without the traffic problems in the morning.
Nice property, but no frills.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2011

After a long day at the zoo we were just too tired to drive the 110 miles back home and just needed a clean place to crash for the night, so this was a great solution to our problem. I had stayed here long ago when the hotel was new, and was happy to see that it has been well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I booked a room for some family members here recently when they came to town to visit. The room was clean but pretty Spartan. If your in need of a low cost hotel near lake oswego this is a good choice. The prices are about half of the hotels just 5 miles noth on I-5. Not fancy, just functional.

• Stayed: July 2011