“Don't let the outside appearance fool you!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winchester Bay
Salmon Harbor Landing
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winchester Bay
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My wife and I are currently here. It is our first time, but if we come this way again, it probably won't be our last. We booked the room over the internet with no prior knowledge of the motel. When we arrived, we were a little apprehensive at the outside appearance. It doesn't give the appearance of being run down, but it also doesn't give the appearance of being very modern. Once inside the room, that perception changed. Our room is updated and has all the amenities. The fridge is larger than a normal hotel mini-fridge and has a regular freezer with a separate door. It has a full kitchen and the stove has an oven. The microwave is full-size. The coffee maker is a 12-cup maker. If it makes any difference, the appliances are stainless steel. The beds are very comfortable. My only complaint is that there could be more counter space in the bathroom, but that isn't a deal breaker. If you're using your GPS to find the motel, don't list the town as Winchester Bay, list it as Reedsport. We learned that the hard way. Parking here is a little tight, so be a little flexible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This motel is right our of the 1950's motor court style. A great host with great rates. There is no view but that makes no difference if you spend your time at the ocean and there are great sunset photo ops. The rooms are clean and comfortable and only a little bit small. They have a lot of regulars and it is easy to see why.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ballhawg
Reviewed 28 March 2013

While it may not be necessary to book a year ahead, we aren't taking any chances! When word gets out, and it has, Jean's darling rooms are going to be booked solid.

Her motel has already been published in travel guides as a great place to stay. Yep, it is gonna fill up and stay that way.

We have stayed in three different rooms with three different themes. We have also had the pleasure of peeking into some of the other rooms between guests. ALL the rooms are fabulous! We have settled on our favorite, so we book a year in advance to secure it. No, I will not tell you which one. You will need to choose your own favorite!

The rooms are clean. All have flat screen TV's and electric fireplaces. The beds are comfortable. The price is reasonable and a good value.

The outside of the motel worried me the first time we stayed. But, once we got to our room. WOW! So much nicer than we expected. More like a B and B room than a motel.

Jean does not offer a continental breakfast or coffee in the office. This is minor. The rooms are NICE. I can make my own coffee and go out for breakfast.

The first time we visited Winchester Bay, we made reservations at another motel. After looking at the room, we decided not to stay there. In fact, we would have driven home rather than stay at the other motel. We needed another place to stay and began checking out what was available. Thankfully, we found Salmon Harbor. Jean had one room left and the only way she could accomodate us for three days was for us to change rooms everyday as everything was booked. Creative rooming, but a fun way to try out different rooms.

Friends have tried to coax us into staying in a yert at a nearby State Park. No thanks for now. I love the conveniences that Jean's motel offers.

As for the one star review, we have not had a problem with booking one year in advance. In fact, her book wasn't set up a year ahead and she simply wrote our name and phone number on a calendar the first year. Our room was waiting for us!

I love what Jean is doing for her "retirement." She is an inspiration!

See you in August, Jean!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Bam3
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

Traveling through this little fishing town and needed to sleep. I am always skeptical about motels but i was so impressed with this clean and classy motel. The Salmon Harbor Landing was excellent at 9pm we called looking for a room. The owner a sweet lady gave us a room number and told us she would turn the heat on and leave the keys inside no matter the time at night we arrive. The owner told us we could settle up in the morning. What service!! I recommend this and only this motel when just dropping by little Winchester bay or for extended stays during a fishing trip. The price is excellent and the service was superb.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank csverant
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Quaint little motel rooms with more than what you needed to feel at home. All rooms are pet friendly without an additional charge, and in this case that does not mean the rooms suffer for it. The King-sized bed was amazingly comfortable. The simple decor and unique look to the room made us feel like we were staying in a guest room, not in a stuffy, sterile and cookie-cutter hotel room. The fireplace added to the ambiance and the staff (esp the owner Jean) was friendly and welcoming. We recommend this room with four enthusiastic thumbs up (and a wagging tail).

Room Tip: All rooms are pet-friendly at no additional charge! We stayed in Room 9.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trikatykid
Reviewed 18 October 2012

After trying to reserve at another place that insisted on charging a Pet Fee for my SERVICE DOG we happened to find out about the Salmon Harbor Landing. I called and spoke with the owner Jean about a reservation. Luckily with only a weeks notice she had room for us. We were supposed to stay in Room #8 the first night (has 2 queen beds with memory foam and a full kitchen) and room #3 the second night. Luckily for us when we got there she informed us that the person who was supposed to have room #3 the first night cancelled. We looked at both rooms and decided on staying in #3. She was a very sweet lady and very accommodating throughout our stay. She also charges no Pet Fees.. ever. We stayed here with my Service Dog and a small pet dog with no issues. Be careful about taking your dogs in the office. She has two yorkies and although she tried to keep them in her room they sometimes slip buy and the female (who has pups at the moment) is a very protective mommy and did nip at my SD a couple times. Jean quickly put her back in the room so I did not fault her for it.

Room #3 has two queen beds, a tv, fridge and microwave. It was the most comfortable sleep I have had. Plenty of room in one of the beds for two people (we traveled with 4 people). It can get pretty warm in there though if you have alt of people and even one or two pets. Made it hard to sleep the first night, the second night we turned off the fire-place and opened both windows and I was able to sleep just fine.

Was sad to leave and have to come back home. Really wanted to stay another night.

Highly highly recommend the Salmon Harbor Landing for your stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KF1212_12
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Spoke with Jean when we made reservations. She's the owner of the motel and was very informative as to their location and description of the 9 unit complex. The rate was good and the place was quite roomy besides being clean and comfortable. It is right off highway 101, so if you are sensitive to noise, I suggest you wear earplugs like I did. Never heard a sound. I'd consider having a good meal somewhere before you arrive, as we did not find much available for dining in that area. Other than that, I'm sure you will be as pleased as we were with the accomdations.

Room Tip: Sure did like unit #9.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 5 in Reedsport
The Landmark Inn
The Landmark Inn
#7 of 13 in Florence

Been to Salmon Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!