“Horrible Manangement”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winchester Bay
Salmon Harbor Landing
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winchester Bay
Reviewed 21 July 2008

We didn't even make it through the door. I reserved a room back in February for dates in August 2008. I just called to confirm the reservation because when the booking was made the owner said she did not use an electronic booking system, therefore, she did not have a confirmation number, nor did she take a deposit or any contact info. This should have been a red flag. She also mentioned at the time of booking, that only one other room was reserved.

So to my frustration, I was informed that our room and the entire motel was now booked for an event and we did not have any lodging. After much discussion she offered up a manufactured home on the property that she was renovating. She would give it to us at half price.

Now, two days later, she has called and left a message that she could "not accomodate us".

So, now what to do for the family reunion? Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank livetotravel52

Reviewed 16 July 2008

This is a great place to stay!

We stayed in Room 2, I think it is called the Vicotorian Room. (Comfy bed.) Along with being very affordable, everything has been completly remodeld --the bathroom was wonderful--all new and a had pretty mirror. It's not just regular motel furnishings, they have taken the time to decorate with great furniture. For expample our bed had mosquito netting that could be draped around it, which we thought was kind of romantic. Everthing was super clean. The rooms come with a microwave, refrigerator, and a hair dryer.

Just a short distance down the street is small market and across the street from that is a tavern with live music Friday and Saturday nights. The night we were there, my boyfreind entered and won the watermellon eating contest! Afterward we just walked back to the motel. It is also a nice walk down to the harbor where the gift shops and restaurants are.

Although it is very close to Hwy 101, I was not kept up at all during the night by traffic noise. I don't think 101 is very busy at night anyway. The first time I noticed the traffic was about 9 am when we woke up and it was not bad.

When we checked in the owner came out with us and showed the room and how to work the electric fire place, she was very sweet. We will definetly be staying there again!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 17 April 2008

I booked this online and almost kept driving when I saw it. What a mistake that would have been! The owners have completely redone it's 6 rooms. They have wonderful new memory foam topped beds that were great for me with Fibromyalgia. The bathrooms - all new! Little microwave and refrigerator, electric fireplace and beautiful antiques in every room. All 6 rooms have a different theme. Only one has 2 beds. This hotel is right on the highway and can get kind of loud. I suggest earplugs.
Okay - what am I doing...I don't want to share this place!!! Everyone will book it up and I won't have my room to stay in so nevermind.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
#2 of 4 in North Bend
Fir Grove Motel
Fir Grove Motel
#2 of 4 in Reedsport

Been to Salmon Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!