“A very neat and comforting place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salmon Harbor Landing

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winchester Bay
Salmon Harbor Landing
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winchester Bay
Fullerton, California
“A very neat and comforting place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The lady who runs this place is very nice and accommodating. We called with about an hour and half's notice and we were able to reserve a room. When we got to the place around 10:30pm (22:30) the room was ready for us. She showed us how to work the fireplace heater and let us pay in the morning before we left. We ended up paying the same night because we were going to leave early in the morning. The room was very nice and clean. It didn't feel like a hotel room it felt like if you were visiting a family friend and staying in a home. The room was very comforting and welcoming the bathroom was very clean and updated. We slept very comfortably on the memory foam mattress that's something you don't find at any place in this price range. The room was easily worth closer to the $100 range. My wife and I were just amazed at the value of this place, were glad we researched this place and happy we got to stay here on short notice. This was the best place we stayed at during our weeklong road trip! Definitely consider this place you will love it!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sergio M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a great room in tiny Salmon Harbor Landing. Our host is a wonderful lady who runs a very clean place. She took us into her livingroom which was filled with antiques like in a store. She had wonderful things and was a pleasure to talk to. The nice, clean, very comfortable room was mot expected in this pass through town. Ask for room #9 if stopping while you drive the coast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank whoa3050
PDX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked this hotel for a one night business trip. Before arriving I was told the owner would be out, but that my room would be unlocked and the key would be on the table, along with all the information I would need to know for the evening. This was a little surprising as I had made the reservation over the phone and had not supplied a credit card number to pay for the room.
As promised the room was unlocked and the lights were on to welcome me. The hotel is very clean and well appointed. The bathroom was spotless and very modern.
There were only two downsides to my stay. After a long day I was in bed at 9:45pm when the Owner called me upon her return to the hotel and requested I come to the front office to make my payment as she didn't want to get out of bed early to take the payment. The other was there was no internet service at the hotel and the Owner didn't know how to get it working again.
Apart from these two small issues, I enjoyed my stay. Other people mentioned the roadway traffic - I was at the front of the hotel and I didn't notice anything.
I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kylie S
Pacific NW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Cleanliness is a biggy to me. This place was sparkling clean! The owner/manager was delightful and went out of her way to make us comfortable. Our room was tastefully decorated with care. The only downside was the close proximity to the highway (noise), but that can't be helped, and it's still worth the stay! I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Their website has previews of the rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Shelli W
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here in late September 2013 and we were met by Jean, the owner and her gorgeous little dog. I believe Jean collects antiques and she has an interesting collection in her office and the room we stayed in (Room 3) had some of her collection as I expect all the rooms do. It was very comfortable and the fireplace was great. It is such a surprise to see inside the rooms as Salmon Harbor Landing looks quite plain from the outside but don't be fooled by appearances, the rooms are beautiful. Great WiFi and very clean. We had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank AustraliaTilly
Lancaster, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here last year and found the experience entirely satisfactory. Jean (the owner) was there to greet us at check in and provide a pleasant chat and greeting. The units are roomy, appealing, and clean. I went right to the TV to turn on the baseball playoffs; unfortunately, I was all fingers trying to operate the remote for the satellite dish, and was not able to get a picture. After a few minutes of frustration, I was off to find Jean again. Well, she dropped everything and was there in a heartbeat. It took her a while, but she figured it out and I was a happy camper. If it had not worked for us, she was ready to let me go to one of the unoccupied units and watch the game from there. But it all worked out and the wife read her novel while I rooted for my team. Yea! Thank you Jean.

Room Tip: Go for unit #9.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lloydmax
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at Salmon Harbor Landing for one night on our trip north up the CA and OR coast. While the footprint for the entire motel is compact, the rooms are comfortable and clean with an eclectic collection of furniture. Jean, the proprietor, is a warm and charming lady who makes you feel at home. A great stay at a great price!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Fir Grove Motel
Fir Grove Motel
#2 of 4 in Reedsport

Been to Salmon Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!