“Historic-Friendly-Accodating” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wolf Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wolf Creek
Wolf Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Wolf Creek B&B and Inns
Myrtle Creek, Oregon, United States
“Historic-Friendly-Accodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

We loved staying at the Wolf Creek Inn. The food was very good. The service was SO helpful. The rooms are very cool. We just thought the whole experience was wonderful, including the staff. Our daughter is getting married at the Inn next summer and we are very much looking forward to working with Margaret, Mark and the staff. I know they will do everything to make a great event for my daughter.

Room Tip: Ask for the most comfortable bed!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dan J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hollister, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

This historic inn has charm and period furniture (no tv). I found it quiet and restful. There is a historic Applegate Trail small museum in the vicinity. I loved the restaurant.
It is part of the state park system and it is run on 5 year leases, The previous lessor only had it open several days of the week, so people lost interest in going there. We heard nothing about breakfast being included or 2 for 1 rates. We were charged winter rates. Maybe reviews should be dated. Our chef had been there 6 months.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

I cannot fathom why people travel on I-5 and stay in a motel in Grant's Pass or Eugene when they could stay in a mid-nineteenth century historic inn. Wolf Creek Inn is on the national register of historic places and is owned by the state of Oregon. The place is layered in history. It was a coaching inn, Jack London wrote during a stay here, and many notables, including Clark Gable, stayed here. The rooms are comfortable, furnished with historic pieces, and the beds are covered with pretty quilts. The service is impeccable, and the food is good. Breakfast is included, and there is a two-for-one dinner for overnight guests. I will stay here every time I drive I-5. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Book ahead. There were ample rooms when we booked, but the inn does schedule special events, and roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GraycatbirdHHH
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

This is a lovely old house, the rooms clean and "period". The bed was double not queen and so far off the floor that I had to really climb to get onto it, not a complaint just how it is. Narrow stairway to 2nd floor. We had dessert in the evening and it was very good, a little pricey but they donate 1/2 the price to their local women and children's charity program. It is half price between 4 and 5pm. Breakfast is included but I had to send my eggs back so they could finish cooking them. They did and it was fine. My husband loved his blintzes. It is in one of the drier areas, we went for a walk around the Inn but were disappointed there was not much to see. The staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phil&dot
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I came here with my boyfriend and his sister on a Saturday evening over Labor Day weekend. His family lives in the area. He had been to Wolf Creek Inn for dinner on several occasions and spoke highly of it. I was visiting. He said this recent experience was the worst that he ever had and the experience has varied over the years. We ordered the prime rib and the meatloaf. Both were completely over salted. The prime rib was rare, not medium rare. The waitress did not refill our water even after I asked. Another waitress did complete the task when I walked back to the kitchen area to ask her for water. To her credit she insisted on filling the glasses herself although I offered to do it if they could just give me the pitcher. With all that salt, it was pretty painful to sit there with empty water glasses. Overall, the atmosphere is quaint, the setting is nice outside, but the food was pretty bad and pretty expensive. I wouldn't even take a doggy bag and I certainly would not go again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank coolkitti
Hungerford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed here in August in two bedrooms facing each other and with a fold out bed for our third child which was very accomodating of the owners. The rooms were tastefully decorated in keeping with the style of the establishment, and the food was perfect. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
elma, wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Got south of Canyonville, OR, on the way to Gold Beach, and decided to take the next vacancy we came to. Wow, what a stroke of luck seeing the Wolf Creek Inn exit sign. Arrived minutes after hours, but staff was accommodating, got a great room. Really, there are no bad rooms. rustic, tranquil, the 120 year old fruit trees are amazing. The breakfast was perfect. We decided we have to go back, when we can spend at least two or three days. amazing staff.

Room Tip: There are no 'bad' rooms, although a couple are a little more exquisite.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN Inn at the Rogue
BEST WESTERN Inn at the Rogue
#3 of 18 in Grants Pass
Seven Feathers Casino Resort

Been to Wolf Creek Inn? Share your experiences!