Wolf Creek Inn
US$88
La Quinta Inn & Suites Grants Pass(Grants Pass)(Great Value!)
US$103
Quality Inn(Grants Pass)
US$73
QualityInn
US$88
US$78
Motel 6 Grants Pass(Grants Pass)
US$55
Motel 6
  • Pool
US$76
Sunny Valley Motel(Wolf Creek)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
Buona Sera Inn(Grants Pass)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclark gableperfect place to stayfree breakfastsuitefireplacehosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We found this Inn by accident, pulling off the road after a long day of driving and hoping to find something that would work for a goo night's sleep. Major score. The price was right (about 25% less than discount motels in Grants Pass), the room was clean and furnished with 1800s style, and the amenities including private bath and beds were comfortable and cared for.
Turns out the state runs this place as an historic site, and keeps the few rooms available for travelers, as has been done since the 1880s. Then the dinner turned out to be first rate (Pasta Primavera for my wife and fried chicken for me) with a decent white wine.
Mid-range prices for the excellent food and a very efficient and friendly staff. Lots of history of the area and the Inn to study on the walls and surroundings.
A good night's sleep and an ample and free breakfast, a walk around outside in the quiet neighborhood, and we were back on the road refreshed. We will definitely stop here again.

Room Tip: Inspect them first for your choice of bed type.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shlamont
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed a night at the Wolf Creek Inn, chiefly so we could charge our electric car. But we're glad we chose this stop, as it is like taking a step back in time. We stayed in the room where Clark Gable and Carole Lombard would stay on their visits, saw the room Jack London and his wife rented for a month, peeked into the parlor with its piano and board games, and imagined a different era in the ballroom.
As the inn has been continuously operated since opening in 1887 (?) it has a lot of beauty and character. The apple and pear trees planted at its inception are still alive and bearing fruit. The rooms are bright and spare, more as they would have been in other times than our own--but we like that about them. The wide wooden floorboards cream and the furniture is all antique. Bedspreads are patchwork. It's a charming step into history.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ChristinafromNY
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was driving a long way, headed back to Portland after running the cascade lakes relay. I was scared, getting tired and having a hard time seeing. I saw lodging and followed the curveture off the freeway and scared to death there would be no vacancy since I was terrified to get back on the freeway, I called the number and even though it was late the innkeeper gave me a tour, took my money, made sure and let me know I could park anywhere and that a free breakfast would await me. I was stinky and exhausted from my race and felt like I was in heaven. I live in the city with bright lights, noises, etc. I can't wait to return! The waitress in the morning was a delight and the food was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gina R
mquist, Owner at Wolf Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

I am so glad we were here for you, we have been serving tired travelers since 1883! Come back for another visit!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This historic inn was so lovely to stay in. We felt like we were staying in someone's home. We were greeted warmly and given the tour. We have three kids, and they accommodated us all in one room (the Clark Gable suite). It was less expensive than other places we've stayed. The restaurant had good food with lots of choices. The kids didn't even complain that there was no TV. We played games in the parlor and had some fun family time. We were on the road for 2 weeks, and the kids all said this was their favorite place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank crazy4azmegan
mquist, Owner at Wolf Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

I am so happy you and your children enjoyed your stay. I think it is wonderful when the younger generation sees how history has shaped all of our lives. Please come join us again!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife and I stopped on our way to Washington after a trip to California just to see the Inn. We were fortunate that they had a room available and decided to stay. The staff were very help and accomodating. You could not ask for better service. No phones, TV or clock radios in the room, which were not missed. They did have internet access, which we chose not to use, why spoil a relaxing getaway. Food and wine at dinner very great, but so was the company of other guests. Another guset, Shasta Ray even provide play some music on the porch. If you are looking for a boxy modern hotel, do not go, however, if you want an old style getaway with great charm, enjoy your visit!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple