“A little slice of history just off the I5”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wolf Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wolf Creek
Wolf Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Wolf Creek B&B and Inns
Ashland, Oregon
“A little slice of history just off the I5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is a lovely building dating from the 19th century, and one which has had many famous guests across its history. We were charmed by the staff who encouraged us to poke around at our leisure. The food was OK, but not more than that, although the prices were reasonable. There seemed to be no wine or beer available ...

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sutherlin, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Have you been to an historic property and wondered how it felt to have stayed there-back when...
At Wolf Creek Inn you do exactly that. Built in the 1800's as a stagecoach/wagon stop the Inn has become the longest operating hotel in Oregon. The guest rooms are period exact with the original furniture. From the room Jack London and his wife lived as he wrote-to the room Clark Gable would retreat to in order to escape the Hollywood demands this is a wonderful property.

Historical photographs, newspaper clippings, furnishings and much more to see and experience.
Minutes off of Interstate 5 a destination not to be missed.

The hotel IS period. No elevator, stairs (narrow at that) are the only means to the upstairs guest rooms. No radio, no tv, no wifi. Those things were not invented back then and remember, when you stay here, you are staying back then!

I recommend the Clark Gable suite-then again, I recommend the entire hotel!

Room Tip: Grab the Clark Gable suite if available. If not the great staff is an excellent resource to answer...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Dennis A
Castro Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have stayed at the Wolf Creek Inn a number of times over the years and we always enjoy it. Over the years, the staff has been friendly and helpful, including at our last visit on September 11, 2013. It was a hot day this visit and the air conditioning worked very well keeping us cool and comfortable. We slept well and the bedroom and bathroom were all comfortable and functional. We like the sense that we are staying in an historic inn, actually an old stage coach stop. The dining room provides a great breakfast included with the cost of the room. In addition we had dinner in the restaurant and for a reasonable price we got a lot of food!! It was very tasty, although a little rich and heavy. Still we were on vacation, and so we splurged on rich fare.. In the evening it is nice to sit out on the front porch and just relax and let the slow pace sooth your traveling buzz!!

Room Tip: we have liked all the different rooms we have stayed in over the years. It is quiet and peaceful pl...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank weseekers
Camp Connell, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We found this Inn by accident, pulling off the road after a long day of driving and hoping to find something that would work for a goo night's sleep. Major score. The price was right (about 25% less than discount motels in Grants Pass), the room was clean and furnished with 1800s style, and the amenities including private bath and beds were comfortable and cared for.
Turns out the state runs this place as an historic site, and keeps the few rooms available for travelers, as has been done since the 1880s. Then the dinner turned out to be first rate (Pasta Primavera for my wife and fried chicken for me) with a decent white wine.
Mid-range prices for the excellent food and a very efficient and friendly staff. Lots of history of the area and the Inn to study on the walls and surroundings.
A good night's sleep and an ample and free breakfast, a walk around outside in the quiet neighborhood, and we were back on the road refreshed. We will definitely stop here again.

Room Tip: Inspect them first for your choice of bed type.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shlamont
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed a night at the Wolf Creek Inn, chiefly so we could charge our electric car. But we're glad we chose this stop, as it is like taking a step back in time. We stayed in the room where Clark Gable and Carole Lombard would stay on their visits, saw the room Jack London and his wife rented for a month, peeked into the parlor with its piano and board games, and imagined a different era in the ballroom.
As the inn has been continuously operated since opening in 1887 (?) it has a lot of beauty and character. The apple and pear trees planted at its inception are still alive and bearing fruit. The rooms are bright and spare, more as they would have been in other times than our own--but we like that about them. The wide wooden floorboards cream and the furniture is all antique. Bedspreads are patchwork. It's a charming step into history.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ChristinafromNY
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was driving a long way, headed back to Portland after running the cascade lakes relay. I was scared, getting tired and having a hard time seeing. I saw lodging and followed the curveture off the freeway and scared to death there would be no vacancy since I was terrified to get back on the freeway, I called the number and even though it was late the innkeeper gave me a tour, took my money, made sure and let me know I could park anywhere and that a free breakfast would await me. I was stinky and exhausted from my race and felt like I was in heaven. I live in the city with bright lights, noises, etc. I can't wait to return! The waitress in the morning was a delight and the food was delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gina R
mquist, Owner at Wolf Creek Inn, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
I am so glad we were here for you, we have been serving tired travelers since 1883! Come back for another visit!
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This historic inn was so lovely to stay in. We felt like we were staying in someone's home. We were greeted warmly and given the tour. We have three kids, and they accommodated us all in one room (the Clark Gable suite). It was less expensive than other places we've stayed. The restaurant had good food with lots of choices. The kids didn't even complain that there was no TV. We played games in the parlor and had some fun family time. We were on the road for 2 weeks, and the kids all said this was their favorite place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank crazy4azmegan
mquist, Owner at Wolf Creek Inn, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
I am so happy you and your children enjoyed your stay. I think it is wonderful when the younger generation sees how history has shaped all of our lives. Please come join us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolf Creek
#4 of 18 in Grants Pass
Weasku Inn
Weasku Inn
#1 of 15 in Grants Pass

Been to Wolf Creek Inn? Share your experiences!