“Rude Staff at Checkout”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodburn
Canada
“Rude Staff at Checkout”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is a very nice clean hotel. I was satisfied with my stay until the checkout. The male employee at the front desk during check out didn't even talk to me at all. I told him that we were checking out and handed him the room cards. He didn't ask about how the stay was. He just handed me the receipt and started talking to another customer behind me. This experience made me feel very upset and made me wonder if he was being racist.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Avatar D

I want to apologize on behalf of my entire team. We work to make each and every guest satisfied with our customer service, I see we fell short of making you feel valued as our guest. For this I sincerely apologize. Please know that it was not anything racial at all, I will speak with each member of staff about the importance of recognizing each and every guest. Thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can work on a resolution.

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Hotel provided very good service. Clean rooms and a very good breakfast. However, location of eating establishments was limited to fast food types of service and the hotel information book located in each room addressed very little information regarding places to go. Value was extremely good for the room.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate your compliments.

You are right, we have many fast food restaurants close to the hotel. Further into town we have A Los Cabos and a Luise’s Taqueria serving Authentic Mexican dishes, Chu’s eatery and Yun Wah serve delicious Chinese food, and American cuisine Shari’s Cafe and Country Cottage Restaurant.

We will review the booklets in the room and improve our listed attractions to include Woodburn Outlet Mall shopping, Silver Falls State park of waterfalls, and Woodburn Drag racing. Thank you for helping us improve our services.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We spent one night here just passing through from California to Seattle, and it was perfect for our needs: a simple, clean, inexpensive place to spend the night, and a basic breakfast buffet. The staff was polite, and the room clean. Complimentary breakfast buffet included eggs, tator tots, bacon, yogurt, you-make waffles, muffins, fruit, coffee, & juice. Coffee was terrible, everything else was fine. Not delicious but certainly something to send travelers away satisfied. I'd stay again if I were passing through.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear MamaBug,

I want to thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am so happy that you were pleased with our accommodations. We have a Nestle Coffee machine in the Breakfast area, and fresh brewed coffee in regular, vanilla and decaffeinated in the lobby. We understand that not all people like the same coffees so we offer a variety. Next time you stop in sample our fresh brewed coffee in the lobby!

Spokane Valley, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My wife and I had an enjoyable time. The TV were a little small for the room, but they were new and had a nice picture. The staff did a great job for all our needs and very friendly. The hotel was clean as the rooms. The breakfast was just enough for a start of the day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Joe,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We have upgraded our televisions to 42" flat screens in Guest Rooms and 47" flat screens in Jacuzzi Suites. Thank you so much for giving our staff compliments about their customer service. We make every effort to keep this hotel clean and friendly. I am pleased to know that you are satisfied with our breakfast menu.

It was a pleasure to accommodate you, We look forward to your return.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Showed insensitivity to diverse clientele and children in the "trapped audience" of breakfast room by having the "700 Club" playing on the TV. It is disturbing to hear words like "abortion" and "homosexuals" with a group of strangers trying to just eat some breakfast, especially with many children present. Give us a break! Put something light-hearted or at least neutral (like Animal Planet, or National Geographic) on instead of emotionally and politically loaded religious programming.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for expressing your view. I apologize for the programming that was on the television during your visit. Since reading your reviews We have set both televisions to the CNN news channel. It is our hopes that this news is neutral to all people watching.

Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was very impressed with the level of service and the cleanliness of this hotel. We stopped here for a night because of the close proximity to the outlet mall across the street. We were greeted with friendly faces and efficient staff. We arrived on a Monday afternoon without a prior reservation which was no problem. Our room was clean and comfortable and nicely decorated. We requested a room close to the pool and were given just that. The pool is located outside and although a little small it was clean and fresh towels. Nice to take a dip on the hot day we were there. It is easily visible from the freeway and across the street is a Walmart. Just across the overpass is the outlet mall so the location is excellent. There is a Denny's right beside the hotel which is convenient if you have been driving all day as we. The breakfast was superior to other included breakfasts in this price-point of hotel. The waffles machine included strawberries and other fruit toppings. I enjoyed cheese and ham quesadilla;s. They offered hash browns and sausages as well as fresh fruit salad, yogurts, juices etc. Very nice and spotlessly clean. There is coffee available in the lobby area round the clock. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for giving us a review of your recent stay. We take pride in knowing that our guests are satisfied with our services. I am very pleased to hear that all of the changes we have made are impressive. We look forward to welcoming you back to Woodburn. The best compliment you can give us is your recommendation!

California
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Location can't be beat if you're heading to the outlets, otherwise it's so-so. The overall cleanliness isn't bad, the rooms are large, the noise however is nearly intolerable. We could hear our neighbors conversation as if they were sitting in the same room, the thundering footsteps upstairs were stressful, but luckily stopped around 10. Overall, if you just need a place to sleep and it's late, this is a safe choice. If you're thinking of swimming, maybe heading somewhere else might be better as there was algae growing in the pool, and the hot tub wasn't faring much better. Neither appeared to be chlorinated or otherwise treated....overall, if the price were lower and I ever came to this town again, I might come back.

• Stayed July 2013
HeatherUsrey, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you for giving us a review of your recent stay. We appreciate your compliments about our guest rooms and convenience of our location. I want to apologize for the noise from the neighboring rooms during your stay. Perhaps during your next stay you could request a room on the third floor. The rooms on third floor may be quieter because there are no guests rooms above your room. I want to apologize for the inconvenience of the pool maintenance in progress during your stay. We have treated the pool and it is now clear and ready for use.
We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Woodburn, Oregon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn
Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
Quality Inn Wilsonville
Quality Inn Wilsonville
#4 of 8 in Wilsonville

Been to Best Western Woodburn? Share your experiences!