“Employees steal items left behind”

Best Western Woodburn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodburn
Eugene, Oregon
“Employees steal items left behind”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stay at Best Western hotels throughout the 1-5 corridor frequently on business trips. I recently stayed at this one right before Christmas. The stay was decent enough. No complaints there. The staff that checked me in was friendly. However, after a week full of Christmas visits and long work hours, I finally went to use my Internet device but could not locate it. I looked everywhere all day. I gave up and suspended it until I could get a replacement. As I was doing so, I noticed quite a bit of my data was used. I checked on the last time of use and it was that same day! It listed that my device was used several times a day up to 6.5 hours after I checked out of the hotel. It's first use was 1:54pm of the day I checked out. I was flabbergasted. I had to pay for a replacement and extra data to replace what had been deceitfully used. I called to report it. I feel blown off and disregarded, but we will see if anything happens with that report. They should have logged the missing item and retained it for a period of time before destroying. Bad customer service. I am incredibly disappointed and my sense of security there is vanquished. I would have used this place again, as it wasn't a bad experience until this problem happened. Now I will find someplace else.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank TravelPennies
Madai C, Assistant Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
We are sorry to hear that our integrity is at question here. We uphold the highest standards with our employees and would not cover up or justify any sort of thievery at our property. We have a zero tolerance policy for anything of that sort. We are pleased to say that our employees have a high level of integrity and we have no reason to doubt them in this instance. The item was not left here or my staff would have been quick to report it. We have had items of high value left behind in the past and we have always been quick to log it in our lost and found and make contact with the proprietor for a quick return of the belongings. We regretfully have our reputation tainted but we are not responsible for the guest's loss. Our deepest apologies to the guest but unfortunately we do not have possession of said item.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Ocean Shores
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband and I stay at this Best Western probably monthly. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean. Price is so comparable, lower in most cases. We always feel like we are going home. It is located right across from a large outlet mall. Great place to stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Ingram, TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

You can't go wrong with choosing the Best Western at Woodburn, OR; the staff is friendly and the room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast area was tidy and kept clean by staff. The food options were pleasantly displayed and the choices abundant. The closeness to the outlet mall is of course a bonus! The Sr. rate was a really good buy and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights during thanksgiving day. We had a spacious and clean room. Bed and pillows are comfortable. Breakfast was good. Receptionist is approachable. Free wifi and parking. Complimentary coffee and tea. The location of this hotel was great near Denny's restaurant, Walgreens, Walmart and about 3-5 mins drive to Woodburn premium outlet. Will come back again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lmv62
Beecher, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times in 2013. The first stay was in the Spring and was really nice. I had a nice spacious room that was clean and quiet. The second time was a little less spacious room but still quite clean, however the quiet factor was now gone. This time when I stayed there the condition of the room was terrible. My prior rooms previously had a sofa in them. This one had the sofa removed. The room was a little dirtier and in the hallway they had a fan going which indicated to me that perhaps there was a water issue. The wall of my room was odd too. It had little squares cut out of the wallpaper and then replaced except for in some spots where it looked like a hole the size of a nail head. Almost like a peeping tom whole except I don't think it went through the wall all the way. It was enough to make me wonder what happened in the room and why it was that way.

Room Tip: Get the corner room on the first floor. It is a spacious suite.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Madai C, Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize for not meeting your standards after your first stay with us. It seems that the first times that you stayed with us, you were set up in a King Suite and yes that room is more spacious, with a sofa and a comfortable desk chair. Our standard rooms are more economic and hence have less comforts to offer. We do not have peeping holes in the rooms, it might have been just a poor patching job on our part, which we apologize for. We do not have water problems, the fan in the hallway was placed there to help circulate the air freshner we use. We thank you for your feedback and wish you would have let us know about these issues during your stay so that we may have been given the opportunity to offer you a better experience with us. We hope that you will give us a second chance and stay with us again.

-Best Western Woodburn Inn Team
Manhattan, IL, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and it was just fine. The rooms were spacious and clean and the location was very convenient. However, this was a return stay and the condition of the hotel is definitely deteriorating quickly.

Kalispell, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

It was a very comfortable room except we are non-smokers and they put us in a smoking room.. Yuk!!!!!! The internet was good, was a good location to the freeway and close to the Wood Burn shopping center. They were working on the overpass and the road in front. The staff was good to deal with.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville
#1 of 8 in Wilsonville

Been to Best Western Woodburn? Share your experiences!