“Great for Salem area”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodburn
Bellingham, Washington
“Great for Salem area”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is our 3rd stay in a year. A great value, clean throughout facilities, friendly staff and a convenient drive to Salem. We haven't had the breakfast yet but the meal room looks good. For the best night's sleep don't stay on the Interstate side of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Kelowna Bc
Reviewed 24 February 2014

clean, quiet, convenient to highway and restaurant when we arrived there were kids running in the room above us. Front desk were quick to arrange another room for us. Breakfast was plentiful with good choices.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Convenient access to I-5, northbound and southbound. Plenty of parking. Well-maintained grounds. Good lighting at night.

Front desk and housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful. Room on third floor was clean and quiet. Freeway noise wasn't a problem. Everything I needed worked: Wi-Fi,TV, lamps, microwave oven, fridge, heat / air. Did not use phones, iron, hair dryer, coffee maker.

Guests can choose if / when they want bedding and towels changed.

Complimentary breakfast was adequate and, unlike the more expensive and apparently meatless Residence Inn I once stayed at in Portland, included sausage links. Choice of fruits was limited, as was the space for seating, which was problematic because of the multiple signs saying, "Dine In Only". Management needs to either provide a bigger room or ditch the signs and allow guests to take food out of the area.

The Best Western in south Salem has an agreement with the Denny's restaurant across the parking lot where guests can get a complimentary breakfast and a discount on dinner. There's a Denny's a few yards away from this hotel, too. Why not negotiate a similar deal here?

Fix-it suggestions: In two days, my keycard never unlocked my door on the first try. Nor the second, third, fourth or fifth. Not even after the front desk rewrote the magnetic strip. On one of my attempts to address the problem, the guy behind the counter mumbled something about it being a recurring problem. My suggestion: FIX IT.

(On one occasion, as I was standing in the hall trying to get my card to work, someone from the staff happened to be passing by and let me in using theirs. Of course I was grateful, but wondered if they would have done the same thing if I was a burglar and the room wasn't mine.)

Also, some of the buttons in the elevator are burned out and need replacing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Yuma061_13
woodburn, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Friendly and smiling,helpful front desk, assist there customers needs well. they even assist me in shipping my things that left in the hotel to my home address in Canada. The room are clean, employees are respectful.

Couer d Alene, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our room was very clean and smelled fresh. The breakfast room was crowded because of the holiday season. The staff handled it very well and professional. Me and my husband were very impressed with the service and accommodations.

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stay at Best Western hotels throughout the 1-5 corridor frequently on business trips. I recently stayed at this one right before Christmas. The stay was decent enough. No complaints there. The staff that checked me in was friendly. However, after a week full of Christmas visits and long work hours, I finally went to use my Internet device but could not locate it. I looked everywhere all day. I gave up and suspended it until I could get a replacement. As I was doing so, I noticed quite a bit of my data was used. I checked on the last time of use and it was that same day! It listed that my device was used several times a day up to 6.5 hours after I checked out of the hotel. It's first use was 1:54pm of the day I checked out. I was flabbergasted. I had to pay for a replacement and extra data to replace what had been deceitfully used. I called to report it. I feel blown off and disregarded, but we will see if anything happens with that report. They should have logged the missing item and retained it for a period of time before destroying. Bad customer service. I am incredibly disappointed and my sense of security there is vanquished. I would have used this place again, as it wasn't a bad experience until this problem happened. Now I will find someplace else.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank TravelPennies
Madai C, Assistant Manager at Best Western Woodburn, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
We are sorry to hear that our integrity is at question here. We uphold the highest standards with our employees and would not cover up or justify any sort of thievery at our property. We have a zero tolerance policy for anything of that sort. We are pleased to say that our employees have a high level of integrity and we have no reason to doubt them in this instance. The item was not left here or my staff would have been quick to report it. We have had items of high value left behind in the past and we have always been quick to log it in our lost and found and make contact with the proprietor for a quick return of the belongings. We regretfully have our reputation tainted but we are not responsible for the guest's loss. Our deepest apologies to the guest but unfortunately we do not have possession of said item.
Ocean Shores
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband and I stay at this Best Western probably monthly. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean. Price is so comparable, lower in most cases. We always feel like we are going home. It is located right across from a large outlet mall. Great place to stay!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodburn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
Quality Inn Wilsonville
Quality Inn Wilsonville
#4 of 8 in Wilsonville

Been to Best Western Woodburn? Share your experiences!