“FamilyFriendly”

Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Blue Cape Cod style building with 3 dormers.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is a no-frills family-type restaurant. Food is good, portions are generous, and the staff is friendly. If you're looking for "atmosphere," this isn't the place.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have been going to the Blue Whale for years. It is a very good family restaurant that offers traditional American fare. The service is wonderful with many and varied personalities for waitresses and cooks who are prompt to provide us attention and service. The food is consistently good and the locals just love the place. Yachats is a wonderful community and going to the Blue Whale restaurant is like visiting with good friends. Try it out!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

LeRoys used to have good food, what happend? Clam chowder is cold and okay, the burger I ordered is not what I got. My husband ordered the chicken fried steak and eggs, it was NASTY. I tried it after my husband said it was not worth the money. The chicken fried steak tasted like flower and the eggs were not fluffy. This place is in real need of Gordon Ramsey or Robert Irvine.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had the pleasure of stopping in to Leroy's Blue Whale for breakfast last week. Our waitress was prompt and very pleasant upon our arrival. She introduced herself (Carrie was her name), brought us our drinks right away, told us the daily breakfast specials and then gave us her breakfast recommendation (which was wonderful as we are huge seafood fans and were skeptical about the seafood omlets on the menu), then gave us a few moments to look over the menu. While my husband and I were mulling over the choices on the menu (So many good choices, it was hard to choose just one!) we heard a raised voice coming from the other side of the restaurant. To our horror, the other waitress on staff that day was chastising and yelling at our waitress for something that happend at the register. We heard Carrie try to defend herself but the other waitress just got louder and louder. Our waitress then walked away and the other waitress proceeded to tell multiple tables what had just happened and that the owners of the restaurant did not trust our waitress (??? who cares???) upon her arrival at our table she informed us that we were to bring our receipt for the food to her only and not to leave it in our waitress's hands at all. This was absolutly insulting to us! We enjoyed Carrie from the moment she sat us down. There were two other tables seated by us and the customers at the other tables informed us that they had been here before and had heard this waitress do this to Carrie on multiple occasions. (apparantly they eat here regularly) At this point we told the surrounding tables that we were not staying. All three of us (tables) got up and went to leave. When our waitress walked out of the kitchen, she saw us up at the register and asked us what was going on. We told her we were not staying (as did the other tables). She appologized to us and we told her that her co-workers mouth had put a bad taste in ours and we would not stay. We told her it was not her fault at all and that we had left her a tip for her time on the table. Her co-worker proceeded to act dumb and asked why were were leaving then and we told her because of her. She got snotty and rude at that point. The other people who were leaving as well informed her that they would be sending an email to the owners in regards to her behavior.

so all in all, the service from Carrie was above average and I give her 5 stars. Not only for her service, but having to put up with a co-worker like she does. I will come back to leroy's again and give the food a try, but will make sure that the other waitress is not on staff that day and if she is, inform her that I do not want to have any interaction with her whatsoever.

3  Thank Kitty B
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Yachats is our favorite place to visit on the Oregon Coast. We have been many times but had never tried LeRoys Blue Whale restaurant. I am very pleased we decided to give it a try for lunch during our recent stay. So, thank you LeRoys for the great food and even better service! Your server, Diane, is an amazing waitress with a great memory and attention to detail! I have never visited a place in my life where after a week or more had passed the waitress remember not only us, but what we ate and drank! The food is very tasty and the portions are large. Thank you Diane and LeRoy's Blue Whale for a great experience! We will be back for sure next time we are in town!