“Two times a good meal. ”
Review of LeRoys Blue Whale

LeRoys Blue Whale
Ranked #10 of 16 Restaurants in Yachats
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Blue Cape Cod style building with 3 dormers.
“Two times a good meal. ”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped at Leroy's for dinner on the way to Tillamook. We previously had breakfast at Leroy's a few years ago. The restaurant still provided a good meal. The breakfast a few years ago was very good. The dinner was also good; but I would say the breakfast beat the dinner hands down. We both had dinner specials off the special menu. My wife had the lasagna and I had the meatloaf. The lasagna was good. The meatloaf was flavorful and moist. The mashed potatoes were just ok and tasted instant. The meal comes with soup or salad. A small loaf of fresh bread is also brought out with the salads. The lasagna was $10 and the meatloaf was $11. Don't forget the City of Yachats has a meal tax. So for a $26 meal ticket, we paid $1.30 tax. I understand the tax money goes to the payment of the new water treatment plant for Yachats. Overall, Leroy's is a good place to stop. Breakfast is best but any stop in Yachats is a good time.

Nampa, Idaho
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

For myself (female) - I ordered the 2 eggs, 2 sausages, 1 pancake - and it was perfect for me. I wanted something with a view of the coast, but we were hungry and didn't look around to much - they do have a slight view of the water. We got right in with no waiting and our food was out in no time - guess the day before (4th of July weekend) - it was more hectic. But we lucked out again to find a place with great portions for the cost.

• Visited July 2014
Beaverton, Oregon
“The Pig & Pancake of Yachats”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We tried LeRoys Blue Whale for breakfast as a dining option in Yachats. The food was good, the service was very friendly, and if you like eating at Elmers or Pig & Pancake or Sambo's, then you'll like the food here. Keep it as a dining option when in Yachats.

Visited July 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Blue Whale is a good option for the weary and hungry traveler”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We've eaten at Blue Whale on many occasions during our trips to Yachats. We chose not to eat there on this visit, mainly because we wanted to try new restaurants this time around.

The Whale has terrific homemade food. We've always felt satisfied leaving there, especially if we saved room for pie. If you're expecting a "Wow" experience, I don't think you'll get it here. But what you will get is a good meal at a good price.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Tiger_ L
Portland, Oregon
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a good breakfast and service was good. We came back for lunch and it wasn't near as good. Service was slow and food was cold.

• Visited January 2014