“Better than expected”
Review of Adobe Resort

Adobe Resort
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Reviewed 20 October 2008

We paid a similar rate to area two star hotels. When we walked in the lobby we were a bit worried that we had walked into an old folks home. The wood paneling and front desk attire reminded us of an older generation chic. To our pleasant surprise the room was large and tastefully decorated. The pool was large and the kids had a great time. Good place to hang our hat on a rainy OR day.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank farmfam

Reviewed 14 October 2008

I was very pleased with my accommodations at the Adobe. I heard about the resort on the radio and booked an oceanside room for only $106. The resort is right on a lovely rocky beach. I could watch the waves and listen to the soothing sound of the water from my room. The tidepools are lit up in the evening so guests can enjoy the view.

The decor was lovely - I would describe it as contemporary southwestern. I ate dinner at the restaurant inside the hotel and enjoyed the sunset from my table. No continental breakfast is provided. There were only small problems with my room such as no decaf coffee, a faulty lightbulb and loose moulding in the bathroom. For the most part, however, it looks like the employees and owners are trying to maintain a quality establishment.

I love that Yachats is quiet and not a crowded tourist coastal town. The Adobe is a nice place to relax and enjoy the ocean. I think it would be ideal for a romantic getaway. I took a long walk on the paved trail by the water. I’d give the property 4 and 1/2 stars because the location is unsurpassed.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank peaceminister
Reviewed 25 September 2008

First off let me say that the bad reviews I have read can not be correct.
We drove by and decided to take a look, even though there were bad review. Upon arrival I noticed how clean the property was. Then you walk into the lobby with a very nice gift shop off to the side.
The front desk looked newly remodeled, with beautiful counter tops. I was greeted by a nice gal at the front desk, Sherri. She was a bit busy when I walked in but said hello and said she would be right with me.
I told her I wanted something kind of nice as it was our 2 year wedding anniversary. We got a room under $100 on the 3rd floor with a beautiful view and fireplace.
Let me tell you about the mattress, it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I didnt want to get up the next day.
After breakfast we went swimming. Where we found an awesome swimming pool, hot tub and kiddie pool. The kiddie pool was perfect for my daughter.
We loved this place so much that we are going to come back in January without the baby!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank daytripperx2
Reviewed 9 September 2008

I've stayed at the Adobe over many years. First with my parents and now with my husband. Although the rooms may be a bit dated, you can't beat the view. We had a second floor room above one of the 'bump-outs' and were entertained by seagulls strolling on the roof. My husband loves the crashing surf and we slept with the window open on the warm nights. Excellent value. The pool and spa area were also nicer than I remembered.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gohuskies2
Reviewed 2 September 2008

Very romantic setting.Beautiful room, Amazing view of the ocean, Great food.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OregonDuckgirly
Reviewed 24 August 2008

My girlfriend and I took our three Standard Poodles for a few days at the coast for a girls getaway. We had a perfect time. Room was very nice. Clean. We were very welcomed by the front desk and were given doggie towels, dog bone, and a nice doggie waste bag for each dog every day we were there. This hotel is very dog friendly. The restaurant was excellent. I think the only improvement I would like to see would be wifi in the room. Otherwise we will certainly stay here again and again and again. Very reasonable priced and beach is right there. The little kitchen was perfect for our needs. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank PintoLvr
Reviewed 24 August 2008

We were looking for a location half way up the Oregon Coast and found their website which was very appealing. The location is beautiful but the reception we got when we checked in was cool and almost rude. That was our experience throughout our stay. We traveled for 2 weeks to many locations and this was the only place we did not feel a warm, welcoming reception. Questions were answered briskly and briefly. We wanted to add a night since we didn't want to travel again so soon and not once did the person behind the desk offer any help. She just stared at her screen and said the room we had wasn't available. She didn't try to offer us a different room or suggest a different hotel. This was our experience throughout our stay. We passed by many other hotels and resorts on our drive up the coast and I am sure there are other options.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank ConnecticutTwin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
#4 of 11 in Yachats
Silver Surf Motel
Silver Surf Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Adobe Resort? Share your experiences!