“Terrific fall getaway”

Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
“Terrific fall getaway”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We heard about Deanes from a friend, decided to make it out there for my birthday and had an amazing trip. The hotel is actually on the ocean, with a fantastic little section of Oregon coast all to themselves. We stayed in a fireplace room. Cute, clean and an actual woodburning fireplace!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank KnMbomb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We have stayed here twice. Both times we loved it. Beautiful views, steps right down to the beach. The rooms are quaint, and clean. Great price, and everyone there is so nice, and go out of there way to help you with whatever you need. They have a nice lite quick breakfast every morning.Comfy, quiet, a real gem! We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Let me first say this is my first review - ever. I usually don't bother. Deane's was amazing, though, and exceeded our expectations so I feel obligated to say something. Our family of four + two dogs wanted an inexpensive trip to the coast to re-group and spend some time together. Usually, I stay clear of "motels" but this one had a charm and position that I was willing to take a risk on. Upon arrival, the manager was friendly and welcoming, offering games, DVD's and dining recommendations. Our room was immaculate! This is always, without a doubt, my biggest concern - I prefer clean rooms and the feeling that my bed is clean! Deane's was perfect - the attention to detail in the room was amazing and I loved that some of the original building charm has been retained. The setting was fabulous - it was just a few steps to the beach where my dogs could stretch. We were even provided with a "doggie" bag which included old towels & sheets, treats and a water bowl! (Who does that?! Incredible!) We will absolutely return!

Room Tip: Our oceanview, dog-friendly room was amazing. We slept with the window open and listened to the oce...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Tunachaser, Owner at Deane's Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Veronica G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that your family enjoyed your experience with us! We've worked hard to maintain the charm of simpler times while providing the modern high tech comforts. We're looking forard to seeing your family again.

Glen and Katherine - Owners
Cheri- Manager
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I usually do not wander as far south as Yachats, but this trip was special. I was meeting my friend's daughter and we were going to spread my friend's ashes at the coast. As I was driving past Deane's I could see through the window on the road side through the window on the other side to the ocean. It looked like a sweet, quaint place to stay. Not too big, no one stomping around above me if I stayed there. I did check out one other place where i had stayed about 15 years ago, but did not like it. I turned right back around and went to Deane's, and I am SO happy I did!!! The family owners were warm, friendly, and extremely helpful about local food and coffee. I was exhausted when I pulled in there and felt refreshed by the wonderful people and lovely, clean room with a view at a very greast price. I thank you all for a beautiful stay, and hope to get back there again soon!!! I also love that the place is not too big. Really, just right!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank deb s
Tunachaser, Owner at Deane's Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Deb S,

Thank you so much for choosing Deane's, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Our size allows us to focus on our customers by providing personalized service in a relaxing, warm and comfortable environment on our 4 acres of Oceanfront property.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Our group had a really bad day up until the time we walked threw your front door. All that went away as we were greeted with open arms and a wonderful staff that treated us as though we were ALL that mattered. The accommodations were wonderful and we weren't outcasts because we had a pet with us. Thanks for the wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Smerkdog
Hi Smerkdog,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the kind words and it was our pleasure hosting your family. We're not just pet friendly, we love pets so our pet friendly rooms have the same amenities, ocean view and beach access as our non pet rooms.

Thanks,
Glen and Katherine - Owners
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My sweetheart and I, plut two dogs, stayed here on New Years Eve and had a fabulous time!! The lodge itself is cute and clean, the staff was so friendly and happy to have pets, not just tolerant of them. The beach was the perfect place to wear out the pups and was right outside the back door! It is right in the middle between waldport and yachats so you are close to grocery stores AND restaurants. I have been recommending this place since we stayed and I hope to go back again!

Room Tip: Even if you do not have an 'ocean view' room, you are close enough to the beach that it does...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Tunachaser, Owner at Deane's Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Hi Stefaniecollar,

We're so happy that you decided to stay with is and better yet that you enjoyed your visit! We're dog lovers ourselves so our dedicated pet rooms have the same look and feel as our non pet rooms. We really feel that you shouldn't have to stay in a second rate room when travelling with your pet. Our 7 miles of Sandy beach will be here when you return!

Thanks,
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Me and the wife go here when we stay on the coast about every 3 months or so. Not once have we had poor service or the rooms be any less the spotless. They are the most accommodating of any motel I have ever stayed. The layout is rustic an I say it in a good way like if you went to a 50's motel with modern appliances. Comfortable beds and the beach right out your window. The access to the beach is nice new wide staircase. At time you'll be on the beach an see maybe 10 people. Love the pups that great you at the door one with the ever present tennis ball. If you want an all amenities bells an whistles spa workout rooms and pools prolly not your cup of tea but if you want a place that's more than reasonably priced owned and operated by a great couple. Just a lil drive from everything well deans is the place for you. An if you do stay have dinner at Luna's fish house down the road. Makes for a great weekend

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank GibandJenniferGraham
Hi GibandJenniferGraham,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad that you appreciate our service and efforts in maintaining the 50's styles while providing the comforts of the modern world. Your kind words and future visits are much appreciated.

Glen and Katherine- Owners
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
Hallmark Resort
Hallmark Resort
#2 of 24 in Newport
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,664 reviews

Been to Deane's Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!