“Wonderful time, wonderful hosts, wonderful ocean view”

Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Deane's is a special place for me and for my little dog who is warmly welcomed. Rooms have microwave, fridge, TV, and coffee maker - also each room has large windows and direct access to the beach. The stairs are easy to negotiate to the beautiful sandy beach. The office offers coffee and "goodies" every morning. This is my 6th year to visit and will certainly not be my last.

Room Tip: Tell the full time and extremely nice owners what your needs are and they will put you in the perfec...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We had a perfect stay! It's just off the main drag but that was great because it has 7 miles of gorgeous sand beach that feels private! The staff's helpfulness was only exceeded by their friendliness! The room was bright, airy and clean! What a gem! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank MarieWednesday
Reviewed 12 June 2013

From the very beginning, months before my stay, with the many questions that I had about bringing my pet to a motel and the concerns regarding having one's pet in a motel, I found a very personable and professional cadre who not only are knowledgable, but also are very pleasant to talk with in a very "family" or "close friendship" kind of way. Before even leaving my home for the trip to the coast, I was very comfortable and confident that myself and my boon companion were in good hands. With an extremely pleasant atmosphere and clean rooms, with the sounds and the rhythmes of the sea at your doorstep, there wasn't a single moment that wasn't enjoyed and cherished. The staff was excited and pleased to meet my Maine Coon companion "Starbuck" and gave him a wonderful welcome. As for myself, I have never stayed at any temporary lodging where I felt completely at ease with my surroundings. Deans Oceanfront Lodge is where I know I will always return to for future trips. What a blessing everyone was in every way.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean views are great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank William C
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Deane's is a lovely place to stop along the Highway 101. Near to the charming town of Yachats with it's very own beach access, the rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. You'll do well to find anywhere better along this stretch.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aidan O
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Deane's was a nice place to stay for my taste and budget. Clean, friendly and helpful owners/staff, no frills, right on the beach, reasonably priced given the proximity to the sea ($79 for a single king). The staff had good recommendations for dining in Yachats and really couldn't have been more helpful. If you're looking for upscale, look elsewhere. But if you're looking for something simple, clean, and in a pleasant location, Deane's is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank La_Jornada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was our first trip to Deane's Oceanfront lodge. My husband booked a weekend trip for our 11th anniversary. The room was so cute and cozy, it had such a homey feel. I loved the little kitchenette and the fire place. Keeping the original glass tiles in the shower is a very nice touch as are the whitewash walls. Beach access was Great (a backdoor straight outside and a short walk across the lawn to the beach)...it is a great stretch of beach. We found quite a few beautiful shells and agates to bring home to our daughter. The front desk staff were very helpful in giving us plenty of suggestions of local restaurants. I would recommend Deane's to anyone looking for an affordable, quaint, homey get away.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We really love Deane's.
They are very pet friendly. They are always wonderful and helpful and kind. They know our 'kids' by name and expressed honest and heartfelt condolences at the news of the loss of our oldest. (There was even a bouquet of lilies and a note from the owners in our room.) They treat their regulars like family- or possibly better than family.. lol
The rooms are comfortable and snug and kind of quaint in their styling. LOVE the glass block showers with all the natural light coming in from outside. The kitchenettes are always well stocked with the usual pots/pans/silverware stuffs. For that matter, the rooms are always immaculate. They wash ALL the bedding between guests- every time! (we know, we've stayed there for Long weekends, and we've seen the housekeeping folks) They have handy hibachi style bbqs and utensil kits for use out on the covered back deck. Nothing like grilling steaks and having a brew, with family and fur-kids, to the sights and sounds of the ocean. Awesome.
The beach is easy to get to, and just off the beaten path enough to be quite pleasant. Not overcrowded like right in the city, but close enough to Yachats and Waldport for anything you need (or forgot to pack). Our dogs love the beach there. Plenty of things to safely explore, and with the tides posted in the lobby, there is no guessing. Wifi in the rooms. Book, game, and DVD checkout library.. We always recommend Deane's to our friends.
They are and will always be our first choice of places to stay on the Oregon Coast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#4 of 11 in Yachats
Silver Surf Motel
Silver Surf Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Deane's Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!