“Vintage charm outside of Yachats!”

Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Eugene
“Vintage charm outside of Yachats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Deane's Oceanfront Lodge is a find. The rooms are small, but tastefully decorated, clean and bright. Our room opened up onto a large covered communal porch with picnic tables and barbeques. Beyond the porch is a large grassy area and then the ocean with easy beach access. All the folks running the place are super nice and accomadating. Our family of three with dogs will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fortremar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed one night here as part of our 5 day trip down the Oregon Coast. We were greeted warmly by Glen and his two lovely dogs, Nibs and Trixie (I hope I got those names right!). Very affordable oceanfront property if you're not looking for fancy. The extremely friendly and down to earth owners have updated these rooms while managing to preserve the vintage charm - our room really had an "oceanside" decor and feel to it. Loved the glass block outside wall in the bathroom which let in so much natural light. And clean - it was spotlessly clean! We had Room 3 with a very comfy king bed - opened our back door onto a huge covered deck that runs the entire length of the lodge, with picnic tables, chairs, and hibachi type BBQ's. Across a stretch of grass was the ocean, with an endless wide and beautiful beach. We don't have a pet but this would be a perfect location if you are a dog owner, and they have many pet friendly rooms. Several benches are at the edge of the property to sit and overlook the ocean, and a short private staircase takes you to the sand, where you can walk for miles in both directions. There is also a firepit near the ocean where we visited over a fire that night with a few other travellers. The office has a large selection of board games, books and DVD's for free use. Yes, the rooms have DVD players and Wifi. Coffee, fruit and donuts got us on our way the next morning. We would definitely stay here again when in the area. We found the Yachats area to be the most scenic portion of our coastal trip, and the people in the area were so friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilleysummer
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

This motel, and I want to stress that it is a motel, not a resort or full service hotel, provides a great value in an oceanfront setting on a great beach, that we never wanted to leave. It is quiet, except for the sound of the surf, close to both Yachats and Waldport, and it's run by a nice family, with two fantastic corgi dogs. Free coffee, donuts and fruit in the morning. Clean and they have most everything you might forget to bring on your trip. One thing they didn't have was beach chairs, so we bought them a couple!

Room Tip: Ask for room 11 for the best view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

My family travels a lot and I have NEVER met such wonderful, friendly and accommodating owners. This is a family run establishment that obviously work hard to make everyone comfortable and happy. We were going to stay one night on our way back down the Oregon coast and we ended up staying a second night. We had room 7, which is the pet friendly two bedroom. It was adorable. Kitchenette was really really well stocked. There are tons of DVDs and games in the front office to borrow. They have dog treats for your furry friends and candies for the kids! The beach is beautiful and seemingly endless. Front desk gave us a great tip on a fantastic hidden tide pool spot a little south of town. The rooms are clean, cute and totally charming! Room 7 doesn't have the glass shower blocks, but I got a peak at the one in our friend's room...they are very appealing. I can't say enough wonderful things about our stay. We already are planning a return trip next summer.

• Stayed June 2013
Eugene
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Deane's is a special place for me and for my little dog who is warmly welcomed. Rooms have microwave, fridge, TV, and coffee maker - also each room has large windows and direct access to the beach. The stairs are easy to negotiate to the beautiful sandy beach. The office offers coffee and "goodies" every morning. This is my 6th year to visit and will certainly not be my last.

Room Tip: Tell the full time and extremely nice owners what your needs are and they will put you in the perfec...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

We had a perfect stay! It's just off the main drag but that was great because it has 7 miles of gorgeous sand beach that feels private! The staff's helpfulness was only exceeded by their friendliness! The room was bright, airy and clean! What a gem! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MarieWednesday
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

From the very beginning, months before my stay, with the many questions that I had about bringing my pet to a motel and the concerns regarding having one's pet in a motel, I found a very personable and professional cadre who not only are knowledgable, but also are very pleasant to talk with in a very "family" or "close friendship" kind of way. Before even leaving my home for the trip to the coast, I was very comfortable and confident that myself and my boon companion were in good hands. With an extremely pleasant atmosphere and clean rooms, with the sounds and the rhythmes of the sea at your doorstep, there wasn't a single moment that wasn't enjoyed and cherished. The staff was excited and pleased to meet my Maine Coon companion "Starbuck" and gave him a wonderful welcome. As for myself, I have never stayed at any temporary lodging where I felt completely at ease with my surroundings. Deans Oceanfront Lodge is where I know I will always return to for future trips. What a blessing everyone was in every way.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean views are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank William C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
Hallmark Resort
Hallmark Resort
#2 of 24 in Newport
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,630 reviews

Been to Deane's Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!