“Outstanding Cuisine on the Central Oregon Coast”

Ona Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Yachats
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ona Restaurant will be closed from October 29, 2017- February 1, 2018. We hope you join us next year!! Ona Restaurant & Lounge focuses on comfortable coastal cuisine. We use as many local purveyors as possible and make familiar dishes fun and fresh. Have an appetizer, small plate or an entire entree. The menu changes seasonally and specials are nightly. The bar offers an inviting fireplace to chat with your friends and sip craft cocktails, regional wine and micro-brews while having a snack or full dinner. At Ona our food is carefully sourced and globally inspired.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We love Ona for our splurge meal while visiting the Central Oregon Coast…it’s an unexpected gem in the small town of Yachats. The food is fresh and preparations are creative…what you would expect from an upscale restaurant in the big cities. I started with the mushroom soup du jour. I’ve made mushroom soup before, but I don’t know how they managed to puree the soup to such a smooth consistency…it was outstanding (I could have had just the mushroom soup for dinner and been happy). However, I also had the Albacore Tuna (cooked rare the way I like it), but to give it that extra kick, it was wrapped in smoked bacon. Wow, what a treat for the taste buds! My wife enjoyed a large portion of Chicken Picata and our friend really liked the Mixed Grill. Our friends also brought a bottle of good French wine with them (that they had purchased in France on a previous trip) and the corkage fee was only $10. If you don’t bring your own wine, Ona has a very good wine list to choose from. The service was very attentive and helpful with choosing menu items and the desserts were worth saving some room for. Ona is a good restaurant for a special occasion, but also a good for a gourmet burger at lunch on the deck.

1  Thank BigOrangeCat

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I sat on the deck under heat lights and watched the fog roll in over the mouth of the Yachats river; a beautiful setting. I had a healthy chunk of wild salmon that was cooked perfectly,covered with a delicate chantrelle sauce and served over smashed potatoes; very satisfying! My wife had tomato bisque soup with a large crisp salad; she was also very satisfied. I need to mention that the salad dressings are unique. I had a horseradish poppy seed dressing that blended the flavors and allowed the flavors of the salad greens to shine through. I can't remember the dressing on my wife's salad but it also was unique and she commented about how much she liked it.
They offer half carafes of their "cask wines" and that is a good option if you don't want an entire bottle since it provides 4 smallish servings of wine which was fine with us.
The service was good.
I waivered between rating it a 4 or a 5. I think I rated it a 4 only because I think of a 5 restaurant as being more expensive (probably not the best way to rate a restaurant.)
Our overall experience was great and we look forward to eating there again since we only live about 70 miles away on the coast.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stop here because of the wonderful reviews, must have been a really off day. We waited 20 minutes for someone to take our order, there was only 1 other table when we sat down. We then waited 20 more mins for our bowl of chowder ( no substance to it and tasted like evaporated milk heated and was less than you would normally get in a cup ) 15 more mins appetizers cauliflower(5 pieces) & 2 mushrooms ($8.50) 45 mins later we finally got our meal. My Seafood combo plate ($32), the oysters were under-cooked and the fish was overcooked and dried out. My husband crab stuffed sole ($28) was so-so, as there was so much crab he couldn't taste the sole at all. We ordered the Grandchildren mini cheeseburgers($5 ea), these turned out to be a 2" pattie 1/2" thick served on a grilled hard piece of a ciabatta bun,with tiny fries that looked and tasted like canned shoe-string potatoes deep-fried.We had ice tea
( getting a refill was like asking for the moon ) and the children had sodas. This was the 1st bad meal & service we have had on our Oregon Coast trip. Have eaten at so many wonderful places with-in 2 - 20 miles of here.

4  Thank Jean L
Reviewed 14 August 2014

If you expect five star dining along the Oregon coast you won't get it. But, if you want a good or better meal then Ona's is a good choice. since we are seniors we like to share an entrée or just order from the appetizer/soup section of the menu. We had clam chowder, crab cake, calamari and sour dough bread. with a glass of wine and a beer the total was $54 plus tip. Nice place to dine but always make a reservation just to be certain of a table during the summer season.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

After having good reviews of this place we thought we should try it. The food was okay , nothing special. We ordered a seafood platter but was disappointed with the oysters after having had them at Luna's the evening before. Being a more refined restaurant than Luna, we expected it to have better quality ingredients and menu. The dessert sounded good enough when the waitress described it but it was really no better than at Denny's. The service was so hurried that our relaxed dinner became a marathon.

1  Thank minili