“We know there are other people there, we just don't see them...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
Overleaf Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
GreenLeadersBronze level
Silverton Ore
“We know there are other people there, we just don't see them...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

This is our favorite getaway. The hotel is often quite full when we're there, but it's designed in such a way that we feel like we have it all to ourselves. The rooms are lovely, the staff is very friendly, and the breakfast is yummy. Whenever we have an opportunity to go away overnight, we entertain the idea of going somewhere else, but we always end up here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

Even with the temps in the low 30's we had a great time. The room was comfortable and well appointed and the view was amazing. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. All their recommendations were spot on. Definitely have dinner at the Drift Inn or Heidi's! Both are a quick car trip into town or a nice walk when it's not frigid!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Yachats-Drew, Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
This winter has marked some of our coldest temperatures in years. We even had snow flurries a couple times, which is a rarity on the coast. We are glad you had a great time. Oftentimes when it is cold in Yachats, the east winds will funnel out of the Yachats river valley and create unique phenomena. The winds actually blow against the incoming waves and create a spray off the wave’s crest that curls back away from the shoreline. It is quite beautiful. If you watch the Yachats weather and see that the east winds will blow, don’t miss this wonderful and uncommon event.
Finally, I am thrilled that our staff was able to enhance your stay. They are knowledgeable about activities and eateries in the area. Often they will point you to unique places that may be off the beaten path. Thanks for your kind comments and we hope you return soon.
Glide, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Overleaf for a late Valentine's getaway. The hotel and staff were great. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Absolutely fabulous room with breathtaking views of the waves crashing right below. We had a jacuzzi/fireplace room and it was so peaceful and relaxing. The spa is also great. I had a massage by Seaheart and it was one of the best relaxation massages I have ever had. Will definately be returning! Thinking the Overleaf may be our new romantic getaway when we want peace and quiet and a little luxery and pampering.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Fordgirl_72: I should hire you as part of our marketing team! ‘Perfect, great, friendly, helpful, peaceful, relaxing’ are just a few of your descriptive words! You have lived the Overleaf dream which is what we attempt to portray on our website. We get a great many comments that our rooms, spa, oceanfront setting and Overleaf experience are much better than what we detail and display on our website and other advertising. I am so glad that you took full advantage of our spa. Many of our guests don’t even get up to the spa to take advantage of the ocean front view from the hot pools, not to mention the exercise room (with a view), the steam rooms and saunas which are all included in our amenities when you stay at the Overleaf Lodge. Thank you for all your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next ‘romantic getaway!’
Redmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

We bid on this as a package at a college alumni function. We had never been to this hotel and we were extremely pleased with our stay. The room had a great full view of the ocean ,a comfortable king bed and plenty of room to relax.
The breakfast area was roomy and also had ocean views. There was a good variety for breakfast each day and several items that were different each day!
The staff was friendly and helpful.
For me, the best part was a massage at the spa that was included in our package. I have not had much luck with massages in the past but this was Heaven!
My husband and I will certainly go back to this hotel again in the future! and I will ask for the same young woman to give me another relaxing massage again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Yachats-Drew, Owner at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
I am so glad you had a great time and took advantage of the oceanfront spa. We frequently get wonderful testimonials about the spa and the spa treatments. We carefully select the therapists who provide the treatments in the Overleaf spa so that our guests do get to experience a little piece of ‘Heaven!’ Thanks too for your kind remarks about our breakfast, where we provide a variety of selection throughout the week so our guests don’t get bored with the same old breakfast everyday if they stay for more than one night. And we do accommodate guests with special diet restrictions (such as gluten-free) upon request.
Thank you again and we hope to see you back again soon for another Overleaf Lodge ocean front experience and a heavenly massage!
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

I had no idea what this hotel would be like. Boy was I pleased. They went out of their way to provide a wonderful valentine's weekend with my bride of 52 years. The room was perfect and clean, I loved the CD player. The staff was very helpful in arranging this weekend. All and all, I got what I paid for and would recommend your stay.
Happy in February...

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Happy in February…………..it appears that we exceeded your expectations. That is what we try to do for all of our guests. We expect our staff, above everything else, to provide a wonderful stay for all of our guests and it appears that we did that for you. Congratulations on 52 years of apparent wedded bliss. It is amazing how many of our guests stay with us during their honeymoon or where the Overleaf Lodge is on our guest’s itinerary for their anniversary every year! Very often our rooms are all booked months in advance for Valentines weekend, so if you have a special room that you want for next year, you should reserve that now! (same is true for New Year’s and many other holidays throughout the year) Thank you for your great testimonial and hope to exceed your expectations again soon!
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

I visited the Overleaf last fall with a group of girlfriends and had a blast!! I couldn't wait to bring my husband back. Last weekend I did and had another amazing weekend at the Overleaf! The front desk people, Joanie and Joan were friendly and helpful and Lisa made our stay extra special!!
On Saturday, I visited the spa for a massage! Oh boy was that a treat!! Front desk Brandy was cheerful and helpful! Massage therapist Brandi gave me the perfect relaxation massage!!! She had the perfect pressure, didn't talk too much, and gave me the best massage I've ever had!! Really!! It was a great day at the spa!
It was an awesome weekend for both of us and we can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Whether it is a girl’s weekend away from home or a special trip with your spouse or significant other, the Overleaf Lodge and our staff are ready to make your stay wonderfully memorable. As bnlkuhns from Beaverton, Oregon writes: ‘we can’t wait to come back!!’ We hope everyone feels that way when they have to leave. Thank you for the kind comments towards Joni, Joan, Lisa, Brandy and Brandi. I will make sure that they all see your compliments. It is testimonial to our staff when a guest calls them out by name. And it is a special testimonial when one is called out for giving ‘the best massage I’ve ever had!! Really!!’ Thank you again and we look forward to your return trip, whether it be with your husband or the gals!
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

Perched on the edge of Yachats’ rocky coastline, the Overleaf Lodge is Oregon’s quiet, coastal retreat. The staff was gracious and accommodating; the rooms comfortable and well appointed. The spa was outstanding. While this was a family vacation (and the second at the Overleaf in 12 months), I look forward to making this a getaway without the kids. If there was ever a place to relax, unwind and enjoy the Oregon coast, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mindtfamily
Thanks for the great comments Mindtfamily! While a majority of our guests traveling to the Overleaf Lodge are couples, we do honor families too. There is a lot to do in the Yachats area to keep kids entertained. On the oceanfront just outside the Lodge are tide pools that are perfect for catching every child’s attention and keeping it until the tide starts to roll back in. For years I have been collecting agates in the gravel beds intermixed among the tide pools. I occasionally come across jasper and petrified wood in my agate hunts. Just a short jaunt from the Overleaf Lodge is the Cape Perpetua Natural area that features grand views from the top of the cape and also an interpretive center where many of the exhibits are geared towards children. Kids also love to walk down to Devil’s Churn where the surf washes into an exposed crack in the 38 million year old basalt bedrock. Just a little further away to the south are the Sea Lion Caves and the Haceta Light House. Children, young and old, love to climb to the top of the lighthouse when it is open for tours – mainly in the summer. And of course, about 30 minutes north is the Oregon Coast Aquarium that captivates children and adults for hours.
So whether you are looking for a quite retreat, a romantic getaway or thrills with the entire family, the Overleaf Lodge is perfect for any vacation.
drew@overleaflodge.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Overleaf Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!