“Highlight of our trip!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
Overleaf Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
GreenLeadersBronze level
massachusetts
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Ah the Overleaf… We stayed here for 2 nights as part of an 18 night road trip from San Francisco to Portland. We stayed in some very nice places but this was the best overall experience we had. I could not recommend it more highly! The location is incredible, the service stellar, the facilities superb. From the spa, with steam and hot tub with a view, to the gourmet breakfast, to the grounds, to the little things (warming tray for coffee cups at breakfast, bucket with windshield wash and squeegee in the parking lot)- this place was the highlight of our trip ( as I expected it to be). Some of the rooms are very expensive but ours was under 200 a night- we had a queen/queen with Balcony. I think it was room 318. The view from the balcony was perfect and it was out of the wind and in the sun for much of the day, which is luxurious on the Oregon coast!
The room itself was very well appointed with microwave, fridge, wine glasses and other helpful items.
After we had been here for a couple of hours we looked into canceling one of our nights at our next stay in Cannon Beach because this place was so nice, though we didn't. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else if you are looking for a place close to Yachats. Of all the places we stayed, on that trip, this is the one I most want to come back to.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel staff by phone after looking at the rooms online and they will help you select yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Rena M, Guest Relations Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
We are thrilled to know that your stay with us was “the highlight of your trip”! We do hope that your future travel plans include another trip to the Oregon coast and the Overleaf Lodge & Spa. We appreciate your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 September 2013

All I can say is "wow". When we walked into the lobby I felt like I was at home. The staff was very kind and welcoming and the lobby was beautiful. My husband and I had a wonderful time during our stay and left feeling refreshed. The morning breakfast was always delicious and the Lodge location was close to many great places to eat. The rooms were very clean and comfortable (you could even walk in your bare feet!). We will be returning. It was fantastic!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so happy to know that you felt at home when you walked into our lobby. It is important to us to bring a sense of peace and relaxation through the ambiance of the lodge and spa facilities to the friendliness of the staff. Whether barefoot or shod, we look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here last year on a "baby moon" while I was pregnant. It was a beautiful place to stay! We love Yachats and the overleaf was so beautiful and cozy, with a spectacular view from our room! The breakfast each morning was definitely the nicest continental breakfast I've ever had. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Yachats.

• Stayed October 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was a bit nervous when my 3 kids and I walked into the lobby. The extensive collection of driftwood sculpture made me wonder if this was a "look bug don't touch" kind of place. Actually, the staff were kind and down to Earth. Our room was very clean and stocked with awesome extras like actual wind glasses and Aveda products. We explored rocks and tide pools, then snuggled in with a movie from their library and microwavables from the pantry. Probably doesn't sound good to everyone, but for us, it was heaven. Breakfast the next morning was fresh, plentiful, and delicious. The cranberry scones were an especially big hit.

• Stayed July 2013
Gold Beach, Oregon
Reviewed 3 September 2013

In early July 2013 my daughter and I took a road trip down the Oregon coast from Seattle. Wonderful, wonderful sights and weather. Our favorite stop along the way by far was the Overleaf Lodge. It is close enough to Newport to make sense as an overnight for the Aquarium, which is a must on the coast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I chose the Overleaf for the second night of a whirlwind, end of summer, vacation with my two kiddos. We had a wonderful time! Parents note that if you require pool or beach this is not the hotel for you. However if your family has had your fill of pool and beach and you seek inspiring, contemplative surrounding among the crashing waves, this is for you! We explored the tide pools in front if the hotel ( ever mindful of sneaker waves) and ventured out for a day trip to the marvels if Cape Perpetua. As I was traveling alone with the kids there was no spa time for me (as it is for the over 18 set only) but on my next visit I will tote along enough adult supervision to take advantage of the spa visit included with the room.

Breakfast is beautiful and unexpectedly well presented. Several cereal choices including homemade granola, a soufflé, two kinds of fruit salad, English muffins to toast. It was continental but felt much more like a great buffet. Staff is kind and welcoming and if the weather is nice a naturalist offers nature tours and s'mores can be roasted in the evenings. I would recommend the Overleaf primarily for couples but on the last day of a family vacation it was a lovely family retreat for us.

• Stayed August 2013
Rena M, Guest Relations Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our “inspiring, contemplative surroundings”. It sounds like you and your kids really enjoyed our beautiful area, which includes tidal pools, coastal rain forest and incredible crashing waves. In order to maintain the therapeutic atmosphere of the Overleaf Spa, there is an age limit of 18 years and older. We do hope that you will be able to take advantage of the facilities and maybe even indulge in a relaxing facial or massage on your next visit.
Camas, WA
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We greatly enjoyed our three day stay at Overleaf. The view was, as always, perfect. The weather surprised us and turned rainy which made the fireplace a bonus. Whales played in front of the lodge. The food was terrific. I love that there are always hot egg dishes and hard boiled eggs. The blueberry scones were great. The only negative comments would be that the spa hot tubs were down most of the time of our visit (as well as the ladies steam room). More accurately the cooler tub was down and they lowered the temp on the hotter tub to try to accommodate all tastes. But, that made the remaining tub too cool to use for our tastes. It was a significant disappointment, but we understand problems do happen. There were a few minor concerns such as not being told when our room was ready, no corkscrew in the room, no wine glasses being left during the cleaning. I mention these in the spirit of constructive criticism. We love the Overleaf and will return soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
I am sure that all of us agree with you when you write that you “can’t beat this view”. This stretch of coastline is mesmerizing, whether the sky is cloudy or blue, and the grey whales are the icing on the cake! Unfortunately, one of our soaking pools had mechanical issues during your stay. Because these things can happen from time to time, our spa features two Jacuzzi’s, so that we are still able to accommodate our guests. We appreciate having you stay with us and we all look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#4 of 11 in Yachats
Hallmark Resort
Hallmark Resort
#2 of 24 in Newport

Been to Overleaf Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!