“Enchanted”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
Overleaf Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Enchanted”
Reviewed 30 April 2010

My husband and I traveled to Oregon on a very last minute vacation. When we arrived in Oregon we did not even have any accommodations arranged. We decided to travel from Cannon beach and down the coast. We called the Overleaf the same day that we planned to arrive there and they were able to give us a room. We went to the room for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very spacious and clean and it had the most stunning view. The staff was very kind and helpful. We also enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the lobby very much. This was our first trip to Oregon and we cannot wait to come back. We would love to stay at the Overleaf again. I plan to come back this year to celebrate my 40th birthday.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Packer-Drew, Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 26 May 2010
We are delighted that we helped make your first trip to Oregon so great that you are planning to come back on your 40th birthday. Thank you for your nice comments and I will pass them on to our staff. Make sure you take advantage of our spa the next time you stay. The spa amenities are included in your stay with us and are another highlight of the Overleaf Lodge!
Thank you for staying with us!
Drew Roslund, Operator
Overleaf Lodge
541-330-1286

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed 28 April 2010

We booked a romantic room here for our honeymoon months in advance. Two days before our stay we recieved a call from the lodge. They would not be able to give us the room we had reserved for some mysterious reason. The only alternatives were a regular room or a two bedroom suite, neither were the romantic setting we were looking for. Since it was Valentines Day there were no other alternatives but to take the regular room. To the lodge's credit they gave us a discount on the room and a certificate for a free stay. The certificate expires in only 4 or 5 months though and my husband is deploying to Iraq. Either way you can't get back that lost moment in time... Very Disappointed.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andreastravels
Packer-Drew, operator at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 29 April 2010
We apologize for the inconvenience and the fact that we did not meet this guest’s expectation. We ‘fall’ occasionally and do our best to make up for not living up to our reputation. We extended the gift certificate’s expiration date to December 31, 2012, so that they can return to the Overleaf Lodge when her husband returns from Iraq. If needed, we can extend the date even further. We had no idea that there was a conflict with the free stay certificate. While we treasure all of our guests, we most highly honor those who serve our country so that we have the freedoms to live as we all do now.

Drew Roslund, Operator
Overleaf Lodge
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Stayed one night during weekend tour of coast. This is a really nice small hotel/spa. We travel with a 4 year old and they only put small kids on the ground floor, which I love. It's nice to be in a place made for relaxation that cares about the environment they provide. The hotel lobby area is very relaxing and comfortable. It felt like you should be sitting around and enjoying every min of your stay. The rooms are a great size and very clean. They could use some new beds and bedding, probably original from when it opened. The ground floor opened to a patio with access to the walking trail and water, and had a great view.
Wasn't able to use the spa area, maybe next time.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Packer-Drew, operator at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2010
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were able to relax - especially with a 4 year-old. I know how hard it can be to relax with a child bouncing off the walls. Relaxation and rejuvenation are two of the great qualities our guests experience at the Overleaf Lodge with the ocean waves lulling away stresses.

I apologize that your sleep quality was not up to your expectations. New beds are being delivered in the next two weeks and should be in place by mid-May. I hope that you will stay with us again - next time with the perfect sleep quality too!

Thank you for staying with us!
Drew Roslund, Overleaf Lodge
twin falls Idaho
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I am going on 50 years of age and the OVERLEAF LODGE has become my wife and my perfect yearly get-away.I was introduced to the Overleaf by my parents who are going on their 8th year stay. My brother and his wife travel from Pennsylvania and are going on thier 6th year stay. I am going on my 4th year stay. Our small family has made this, some what of, a yearly family reunion which we make reservations a year in advance and every stay is 6-8 days every time. Because of the overwhelming accomodations and unbelievable location, I choose to get engaged to my wife last year to make things always memorable.

You may ask why we do this year after year? It is best to see for yourself. Have you ever went on a vacation and when you got home you needed another vacation to get some rest? This will NEVER happen after you stay at The Overleaf Lodge.
From the service that leaves you no worries; the wonderful morning breakfast; the exceptional accomodations and the spectacular ocean view that far exceeds any other on the Oregon Coast, you will not be disappointed.

The room I stay in is spacious and seems brand new every time because of its cleanliness. My wife and I sit in our private cove in our over stuffed chairs and have cheese and wine every afternoon while having a perfect ocean view. We can consistently hear the roar of the ocean and the crashing waves on the rocks. I can go out on my private balcony and enjoy the ocean breeze and the warm sun. On top of all that, I have every accomodation that makes a room comfortable with friendly service that makes you feel like a king and queen. By the way, I just discribed the smallest room that the Overleaf offers.

This is the perfect couples get-away for romance or relaxation. Besides the graet room,I need to mention the inviting lobby, refreshing breakfast,and relaxing spa.
The inviting lobby combines a comfortable entry area and a fire side living atmosphere. In the morning you will wake up to a great breakfast that is just off the lobby area. The breakast is always fresh and unique from homemade granola,scones,fresh fruit, quiche, juices, several hot beverages, biscuits and country gravey and many other wonderful choises that are different every morning.
You will have the perfect relaxation in their luxurious Spa. There is a soak tub and a hot tub that has a great ocean view and also steam saunas and messages if you wish.

It is always good to have great accomodations, rooms,and food but what makes the Overleaf stand out? ATMOSPHERE!!!!! You will find no other place on the Oregon Coast that compares with the close ocean view as you will receive at the OVERLEAF. You will come away feeling that this is your own private shore line that gives you peace if you are willing to take it all in. Enjoy going out on the rocks among the crashing waves. At high tide you will get get pitures of high waves and low tide see all the wonderful ocean life.

There is nothing better than to have a full week to clear your mind and get a good perspective on life again. Whether you are sitting out on the rocks with the ocean all around you or walking on a private path to an 8 mile beach to enjoy, you can make this your PERFECT GET-AWAY.
I recommend the OVERLEAF as your yearly get-away.After a hard year of work and life struggles,it is always great to look forward to have your own private get-away.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Packer-Drew, Operator at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2010
Wow! Thank you for the wonderful accolades. We work very hard to provide an out of the world experience at the Overleaf Lodge and looks like we have succeeded in providing this to your entire family. With our unique setting being so close to the ocean, whether during high or low tide, we feel a duty to be more than just your average ocean front hotel. We sincerely hope that all of our guests have the experiences that you have; it is a hectic, chaotic and stressful world out there and to come to a place where you can relax and forget all the everyday life distractions is soothing and rejuvenating for all. So many of our guests come to the Overleaf to accomplish this!

Thank you for staying with us and please feel free to personally contact me directly if we ever fall short or your expectations or for anything else.

I hope you still are relaxed from your stay with us!
Drew Roslund, Overleaf Lodge
Merlin, Oregon
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Clean - amazingly clean and fresh!
Views - the best , the closest to the ocean I've ever seen!
The staff - very friendly and helpful.

They also provide an excellent breakfast - every morning - down in the lobby. You can take a tray back to your room if you want to.

Bring your bathing suit so you can sit in one of the soaking tubs with a view - so relaxing.

The only drawback - and not major - was the lack of television stations available.

But with all that said we, are going to go again - I really liked the experience.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Stayed at the Overleaf for 2 nights on a roadtrip from Portland to San Francisco. Overall a great spot, literally right on the ocean. Rooms and grounds were clean and well-maintained and the property had a cozy small town feel. We had the Grand Pacific Suite which was spacious and comfortable, including a three-way gas fireplace. Ordered in pizza from Heidi's Italian Eatery one night - great gourmet pizza with quick and friendly delivery. Breakfast at the hotel was included with plentiful options and good quality. Hot tub and fitness room with ocean vistas were also highlights of the property.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Greensboro NC
Reviewed 13 March 2010

You really cannot expect more from a hotel experience. Genuinely friendly and helpfull staff. The room was clean, really clean, very spacious and very well laid out. The location on the wild Oregon coast is really special. Don't be mislead by the fact that you only have to walk right out of the lodge to be there, If you had hiked several miles to get to this spot you would have felt that it was well worth the effort.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Overleaf Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!