Overleaf Lodge & Spa
Adobe Resort(Yachats)(Great Value!)
US$125
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge(Yachats)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$88
Ocean Cove Inn(Yachats)(Great Value!)
US$64
Fireside Motel(Yachats)(Great Value!)
US$99
Travelocity
The Waldport Inn(Waldport)(Great Value!)
Alsi Resort(Waldport)
US$86
  • Free Internet
1,445 results
All reviewssoaking poolrestless waterssteam roomgranolaoregon coastsunset suiteaveda productshot tubthird floorcrashing wavessconesquicheegg disheswindow seatoverlooking the oceanfresh fruiton the rocks
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I have stayed at the Overleaf several times with a variety of friends and have always been impressed. This trip was a mother/daughter adventure for me and my best friend and our moms. As always, Overleaf does it right! Our rooms were spotless, the view from the Captains galley room on the second floor is darn hard to beat anywhere on the coast. It comes with frig, two burners, micro, coffee and tea and all the makings, and a few pot, pans and plates, cutlery, etc. Wonderful for wine and cheese or reheating some of the clam chowder from MO's as you watch the surf crash ashore. The beds were very comfortable. Fireplace is a nice touch on stormy nights. The staff is always attentive to the smallest detail (welcoming flowers on the table in the room for our moms was a nice touch) and eager to please. Their continental breakfast is a step above the rest. They always have a hot item or two in addition to a really nice FRESH mixed fruit salad, granolas, cereals, yogurts, and the other usuals. The lobby, lounge and dining area are nicely appointed and enjoy a wonderful fireplace and of course another great view. FREE local paper and Oragonian paper. The laundry room on the third floor offers washer, dryer and ironing board and laundry soap... ALL at no charge. Most places just can't help themselves and have to nickle and dime you to death, but not Overleaf. I have stayed in the Grand Pacific Suite on other trips and had a wonderful experience. Loved the full kitchen, dining and living room that devides the two master suites. Really nice. Make sure you hit the SPA. The sea scape facial with Brei was the best spa treatment I have ever had anywhere. 90 minutes of pure bliss. I can't wait to return to this lovely setting again. Our group of five had a great time in our adjoining rooms. Check out the Wave Gallery across the street. Wonderful art at prices that do not require you to take a second on your home. If you visit the coast this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Our experience with Overleaf commenced with a very unhelpful lady on the telephone when we tried to book a suite. We ended up booking the Grand Pacific Suite on-line. Despite this, we were excited to have booked the GP Suite. When we walked in to this suite it was immediately clear that the suite had not been cleaned properly. Although the view was spectacular, we were not prepared to clean the GP suite before we could unpack & cook a meal. There were sunflower seeds/husks everywhere & our 3 yr old took it upon herself to collect them.! The kitchen counter & table had food residues on it, there were dirty plates in the dishwasher & also in the cupboards (disgusting), there was some food spilled in the fridge, there were sticky finger prints on cupboards, doors, table edges. We were then kept awake by what sounded like furniture being dragged accross the floor in the room (spa?) above our room.
I must say that we mentioned these issues to the lady at the front desk & were impressed that the Manager addressed them with us in the morning. We were subsequently given a better price for the suite but obviously we would rather the suite would have been clean on arrival. Unfortunately, we decided to move on after 2 nights (rather than 4 nights) & we will not go back to the Overleaf. Some basic maintenance on screen doors, scratches on the doors, stains on the carpets & chipped paint will really help improve the overall impression of this suite. At this point in time I would say it is extremely overpriced for what it is - you cannot rely on the view to compensate for cleanliness. We moved on to some accomodation that was HALF the price & the overall quality & experience was exceptional - sorry Overleaf but you need to improve your customer service & upgrade the GP Suite if you plan to market it as superior or luxury accomodation.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank JackyOregon
Yachats-Drew, Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2010

I apologize that your room and stay was not up to our normal exceptional accommodation standards. We do occasionally ‘fall’ and we attempted to correct the housekeeping details that were lacking upon your arrival. Our manager met with the guest, gave a substantial discount and was given the impression that everything was OK. Apparently we perceived the situation incorrectly. I welcome you to contact me directly to discuss your stay with us further.
Drew Roslund, Owner’s Representative
541-330-1286
drew@overleaflodge.com

Reviewed 24 October 2010

We stayed at the Overleaf for a night last month, and I wish it could have been longer. We were in the Sunset Suite which had a kitchen, two bathrooms, a living room, and a bedroom. It was perfect for our family of five. The room was very clean, and the views were amazing. The hotel is right on the beach, and the pictures on their website do not do it justice. The breakfast was much more than the continental breakfast I was expecting. The food tasted very fresh and there was a variety to choose from. The staff was also very warm and welcoming. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2010

This was a return trip to the Overleaf, one of about a dozen stays since it opened. The Overleaf is by far and away the best stay for adults on the Oregon Coast. This is not a kids place! This is for those who wish a quiet, relaxing time at the coast, just steps from the rocks where the Pacific pounds against land. All the rooms that we have stayed in have excellent views of the ocean. The management of the Overleaf strives to keep this facility in top shape. Every time we have stayed there has been renovation work just completed or underway. If underway, the staff makes sure you are not affected by work. The breakfast has always been best in class. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay wonderful. We have never used the spa facilities but I have been told they are excellent. The only negative I have from this trip was the Wifi in the room. The signal was so weak it was not usable. I had to go to the common area to access the net. Other than that, we will definately stay at the Overleaf on our next trip through Yachats.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2010

My elderly parents have always wanted to see the Oregon Coast, so we took them here for two days, as well as Seaside. This place exceeded my expectations by far. Which were already high after reading the reviews. The staff was outstanding, very friendly and treated you like family. The breakfast was absolutely oustanding. Freshly prepared, and waiting for you each morning in front a large window facing the coast, and this was no normal "continental breakfast". The location is within minutes of Cape Perpetua, but just the view out back of the hotel was awesome. Jennifer, at the front desk was an absolute jewel, giving directions to other areas and recommending dinner locations. The spa staff was superb as well. The card key on the laundry facility did not work so we could not do laundry, but everything else was perfect. Thank you so much Overleaf for the memories......we will be back!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Packer-Drew, Manager at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Pompano12,
I am so very pleased we ‘exceeded your expectations by far.’ We work very hard in all the areas you mentioned. I appreciate your comments about providing a great breakfast. We diligently work to provide a superb breakfast for all of our guests, including those with dietary restrictions. It is tough to beat our location just feet back from the bluff overlooking the waves crashing on the rocks and sand below. I hope you had a chance to explore the tide pools in front of the Overleaf too. I will pass on your kind comments to Jennifer and the spa staff. My sincerest apologies to you that the door to the complimentary laundry would not open. It is working now, but if this happens again, any of our ‘superb’ staff will open this promptly for you.
Drew Roslund, Owner’s Representative