“nice place on the beach”
Review of The Yachats Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
The Yachats Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Seattle, Washington
“nice place on the beach”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

i got to spend the nite here because of work and was happily surprised by this place ,the room was kinda small , but it was clean and comfortable , the inn has the charm of being 50 yrs or so old ,and not rundown , its a nice place to listen to the waves crash on the beach after it gets dark ,as i did , there was no microwave oven in the room ,but there is a common area that has all the stuff needed to cook- over -plates-pots and pans and two different areas to sit and relax and watch tv ,1 is even a big screen ,all in all this is a quaint rustic older Inn on the beach - Well worth the price asked

Room Tip: no a/c but its on the beach
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank vardis3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My friends and I had a group retreat at the Yachats Inn and made use of thier new teahouse/group space, and fully equipped kitchen. We all had a marvelous time. The grounds were beautiful, well maintained, and overlooking the ocean. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were kind, and very helpful. All this at a very reasonable price! I highly recommend the Yachats Inn, especially if you are looking for a place to host a weekend retreat or workshop.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank jaimari
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Came upon this place by chance, just driving down the Oregon Coast. We had a great ocean view and a great room/suite #202. Cozy, clean with a full kitchen, a sitting room with a fireplace and balcony that overlooked the ocean. Great price in the later part of May. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Billwebbe
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My husband and I took the weekend and went to the coast the weather was so nice we decided to stay in the little town we passed threw Yachats. We found this place by chance and I have to say what a breath of fresh air coming from back from the past. The Yachats Inn was perfect we stayed in one of the least expensive rooms they had that excepted pets. The view was so beautiful the grounds go stright to the ocean and we got to watch a gyser shoot offf from the rocky coastline every couple of minutes. We were enjoying ourselves so much we stayed over a second nite.The room was very clean,nice sheets and big fluffy soft towels(which I found uncommon most motel have hard over starched towels these days) it also had a coffee pot/ small fridge. Hubby has a bad back so they offered to put a cushioned mattress pad on for us which was really nice. The staff there were so friendly all smiles and very helpful about the area. When the girl came in to do up the room the next day she was so pleasent and well informed about the area and what we should take the time to see. We asked front desk girl where to eat & she sent us to a great dinner house.As I walked the property I notice they had a kitchen that you can use if you choose to rent a room without one the common area is functional & clean with a fireplace Im sure is for you to burn if you choose. They have a fantastic hot tub clean & hot you can see the ocean from also a 8ft pool we didnt use the pool but it looked nice and water felt warm. To sum it up we already made reservations for june to go back the place is clean well maintained with friendly staff & good prices I also will note they have newer condos available as well if you like that style of room I perfered the more "rustic" rooms myself they defintley got it right. Thank you Yachats Inn & staff best weekend we've had in to long so nice to see hospitality still exsits. See you in June!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #12 standard next trip will be in #8 orignal suite
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank emilyscott02
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I first discovered Yachats, and The Yachats Inn, many years ago, travelling with friends from England and Scotland, from Seattle to Oregon. We'd travelled from London and couldn't drive anymore that night, so we stopped at the Yachats Inn. It was one of the best experiences of my entire life. The motel was enchanting and reminded me of the very best road trips with my family in the sixties. The smell of wood fires, the communal fireplace, the lovely little swimming pool, the rooms (especially room 7) all of it was so comforting and beautiful and evoked memories from another time when motels were seriously cool. The air was so fragrant and romantic. Its such a nurturing place. We walked over the grass and stood looking out at the ocean. The night was clear and I had never seen the stars so clearly and in such abundance. Suddenly we saw a shooting star appear directly above the Big Dipper. Some of us missed it, so we jokingly asked if we could please see another..and suddenly, in the same place, another star shot across the sky. It was breathtakingly magical and beautiful..and has stayed with me from that night to this, when I'm looking at the Big Dipper, and I ask for a sign to reassure me that my Guardian Angel is still watching over me?..as if by magic, a shooting star will appear.What I took away with me from Yachats has changed my life, given me faith, and an unquestioning trust that all is as it needs to be...and all will be well. And in the morning, the mist that rolls down from the surrounding hills is just beautiful.
Yachats has become my spiritual retreat...and it is my dream to one day own the Yachats Inn, to enable travellers from all over the world to experience the magic I have felt there. It is a special place, from the time of the Native people who once lived there...to now...Yachats is truly special, healing, inspiring and real..in a very grounding way. Believe*

Room Tip: room 7 has a truly lovely view and is very atmospheric
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
13 Thank Jesse C
Reviewed 12 March 2013

As many have mentioned the older rooms are a bit tired, but they are clean. We stayed on south side in #8 for one night.
We loved being able to see and walk not 5 minutes to the coastline which is beautiful there.
Beds have seen some use. Our shower drain did not do so well. A couple of inches of water standing is not the best feeling.
TV's are old CRT's. AND they have VCR's! With movies to rent in the office.
Not complaining...just reporting.
Wifi didn't show up for us until the next morning.
We didn't come to spend so much time in our rooms, just a place to sleep comfortably.
The value is there.
We looked at some of the new suites which were very nice. All in all it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank hanumanta
Moss Beach, California
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Big waves crash on the rocks right outside your room at this friendly, comfy place on the Oregon coast. All the comforts of home, including full kitchens, fireplaces, heated indoor pool and spa, and really nice people make this my favorite winter retreat. I have been staying here for years.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple