“customer no service”
Review of The Yachats Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
The Yachats Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Portland
“customer no service”
Reviewed 1 March 2010

The suite looked fine at first glance. However, the temperature control knob was missing from the refrigerator and it froze my food. Housekeeping did not do a good job of cleaning. Specifically, the bathroom was not cleaned and towels replaced. The bed was poorly made and the blind in the bedroom did not work properly. The kitchen towel was not replaced. Most objectionable was the cigarette smoke that came in my unit from other guests smoking on their decks. When I expressed concern to the man working at the desk he said they weren't supposed to be smoking there. He did go on to say that all the staff smoke in an area outside my unit. I can understand that sometimes things don't go well but I because I received no response to my concerns I am lead to believe that customer service is not important. I am unable to recommend Yachats Inn.‎

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank frequenttraveler910

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We came on Valentines Day, and the staff could not have been any nicer, our room was spotless. The king size bed was so comfortable, The view out the living room was amazing, and to top it off we had a deck with an amzing view with nice comfy chairs. The Hot tub was just the right temp. It was pet friendly and they give you a blanket and pet towels for your dog, what a nice touch. We had a wood burning fireplace, and they supplied the wood, there was not a bad smell from fireplace. You can tell they take great pride in this hotel. What I liked most was the quiet location away from other hotels, and very short walk to the rocky shoreline!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beachbums0521
Portland,OR
Reviewed 2 February 2010

My husband and I stayed their a couple weeks ago and loved it! The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very clean, and the view is spectaucular. I loved being able to sit on my own deck and watch the waves crash onto the rocks, It was truly beautiful. My husband especailly enjoyed the pool. He loved being able to relax in the hot tub and watch the waves. We had such and incredbile time, and definately will be back time and time again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HarrietBess
Portland
Reviewed 30 January 2010

I had a great time again here. I have stayed here a few times and was always happy with everything this place has to offer. The room are always clean, Staff is very nice and freindly. The pool is great and very warm. I see there are some bad reviews but i suppose you cant please everyone, but i say this place is a true treasure on the oregon coast

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank R3ginDream
Oregon
Reviewed 13 December 2009

From "trying" to make reservations prior to a holiday weekend (told they were "saving the rooms") to getting past the ant infestation... I just would not recommend this location to anyone traveling the Oregon Coast. There are MUCH nicer locations to choose from with friendlier staff, cleaner accommodations and better value. The "old" is really old, but has the best views. The "new" was hard to be impressed with, as we couldn't very well get around the ANTS that had not been taken care of just prior to a holiday weekend. It felt very much like we were intruding by paying high prices to rent several rooms. Once we got there, we recommended the "rest" of our family members coming in from Oregon and Kansas stay elsewhere. We personally will not go back.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Get-Go-N
Eugene
Reviewed 18 October 2009

My wife and I were married there recently. The hotel staff were extremely accomidating. The venue was great and the staff satisfied our every request. Everyone that attended the wedding raved about the venue and the service that was provided. The rates were very reasonable. One of the few places that we considered that didn't seem to be trying to gouge us!! Highly Recommended!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 10 July 2009

We've stayed in their newer rooms before. The first time, a few years ago, the office staff were almost rude, but they had wi fi and a pool, so we stayed. But since then, up to now, the staff was better. The room was great and we had wi fi. For the past couple of years, we had wi fi in our room with no problem. When I called this last time I asked about the wi fi and was assured it was available.

We get there and check in, no wi fi signal. After trying different spots in the room, I call the office, they tell me it's working. Well, it isn't. So I go down to the office, they tell me they're not having any problem, and to try again. Their whole attitude was what really annoyed me; as if I was stupid and didn't know a laptop from a toaster. So then they tell me to go to the common room and try it there. Nope. Then they tell me I can use the computer in the common room. I told them that I don't want to use their computer, all my stuff is on my laptop, and I want to be able to work in private with my materials, etc. late into the wee hours -- it's what I do.

At no point during our three day stay did we get wi fi. When we check out, the guy tells me they never had wi fi! And that's why they don't advertise it, you can only get it in the common room. So he was basically calling me a liar. when I said to him I've been able to get wi fi in the rooms in the past, he just looked at me.

And then there were the jelly stains; still somewhat sticky, on the pillowcase and sheet! I hadn't noitced them the first night, since I was on the other side of the bed (hubby fell asleep on sofa ) and it wasn't until the next night I saw the stains. GROSS!!!! One staff member apologized but ya know, that's not enough. Don't like being treated like an idiot, lied to, or brushed off. I would have been a repeat customer but I'll go someplace else next time.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple