“Surprisingly a great bargin”

The Dublin House Motel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Reviewed 20 March 2012

When reading the previous reviews I had to wonder if the people had stayed at the same motel I stayed at.

I had a very large clean room that was within an easy walk of a nice brew pub, cafes and yes the beautiful Yachats ocean.

The staff was very helpful in addressing my needs and quite friendly. They provided local information that made my stay in Yachats extra special.

This is a great place for those of us on a budget. A two night stay was less than a one night stay anywhere else that I had priced. Do get on the email list for extra specials throughout the year.

Would I stay there again....of course.

Shirley

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask the staff any questions you might have or special requests. I found them...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Shirley G
There are newer reviews for The Dublin House Motel

Reviewed 17 November 2011

This is not a fancy place but the rooms are clean and big and the beds are comfy. Ocean view over a few houses in the foreground is actually quite lovely. Staff is very accommodating and the pool is warm and big. Get on their email list for some amazing bargains.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Chena M
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed here during the Mushroom Festivle and had a very nice stay. It was within walking distance of where they were having the event. We had a large room with 2 queen beds, it is not a fancy motel, but it was clean , comfortable, and quiet. We had a view of the ocean from our room, they had a nice large table at the window with 3 chairs and a 4th chair at the counter. They have high speed internet and they are pet friendly, and the prices were great. We will stay here again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OregonBirdlady
Reviewed 11 September 2011

When the toilet cistern sprung a leak, soaking us and part of the room, I requested a refund. This was refused, and we were treated disgracefully by the manager (even though I had helped soak up some of the water with towels) and I notified the police and made a formal complaint. We left straight away, and it was apparent from locals that this place has a bad reputation....which is a shame because Yachats seems a nice town with some good restaurants. We would have stayed longer in the area, if we hadn't had the misfortune to come across this motel and its manager.
The manager had promised to refund our money if we were not happy, and then blatantly broke this promise. We did / could not stay the night, yet money was still taken. We were charged, by credit card, when we did not stay or use any part of the motel - which seems akin to theft to me. I would STRONGLY encourage anyone visiting Yatchats to avoid this disreputable place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Wisonian
dublinhs, Owner at The Dublin House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

it is easy to give a refund to a customer that is not happy, but not to one that uses the room until the middle of the night, then "changes their mind."

this customer ripped the entire inside of the tank out, breaking the water tower in two places, leaving the top of the tank removed, shooting water all over the ceiling. no effort to shut off the water was made, lid was not replaced, "not my responsibility" was their response.

their first attemp was for some return of the price, then half, then all of what they paid. i declined, offering to move them to another room, as they had occupied the room for the entire day, evening and into the night.

each of them took turns throwing sopping wet towels at me, then leaving. i should have been the one to call the police.

mgr.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We asked to see a room and the manager seemed put off. He constantly tried to upsell and pressure us. When I suggested that we might look for something closer to the ocean (his hotel is on the busy road and several blocks from the ocean or town)… he said you won't find anything for under $250. When we said we'd keep looking, he turned and walked away. My "thank you" and attemp at any conversation was coldly ignored. I felt like a dollar sign that got away. About 1/2 mile north, we happily found the Adobe hotel, on the water, ocean view, sauna, hottub, pool, friendly staff... For exactly the same price ($90) as the Dublin House. Yachts is a very cute town with lots to see and inwould recommend a couple days here if you are driving the coast but don't stay at the Dublin House.

• Stayed: July 2011
11  Thank Poadawg
Reviewed 31 January 2011

It is a good place to stay. The rooms are nice, comfortable and there is a nice pool.
I definitely stay here again. The staff was courteous and I didn't have one problem the entire time. I recommended the Dublin House Motel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RaquelNatal
Reviewed 2 October 2010

we had a big room with 2 queen beds the beds are very firm that is good for you, The pool is very clean and nice the kids love it . We walkto the ocean 2 short block because The Dublin House is only ocean view room not ocean front.That is ok because you can hear the water and you can see it when the weather let you. We will come back again for sure.I am tell all my friends to come here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#12 of 13 in Florence
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats

Been to The Dublin House Motel? Share your experiences!