“Enjoyable breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Alder Bistro & Lounge - CLOSED

Alder Bistro & Lounge
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Alder bistro & the dispensary lounge specializes in house made Pacific Northwest cuisine with a Southern flair, featuring, local, wild-caught & organic ingredients. With our own in-house patissiere, the rich, seasonal desserts are always something to look forward to. In the lounge, we feature Oregon wines, beers & spirits. Our focus is on bringing the freshest, finest quality foods to your table at the best possible prices.
Gresham, Oregon
“Enjoyable breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had a great breakfast here heading down the coast. Good omelets and ham with eggs. Nice atmosphere. Recommended.

Bandon, Oregon
“Beautiful menu… That's about it. :(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were so bummed out here. I haven't been so excited about a lunch menu in a while, everything looked amazing! And a nice change of pace from all seafood items. BUT, shouldn't have gotten hopes up. The service was terribly slow. The food took 40 minutes to come out, with only one other table in there at the time. (And the table next to us got theirs the same time despite coming in 20 minutes after us) I asked if I could get my bison burger MR and she said no they are cooked the same but there should be some pink in middle. I got it and it was so dry, hard and grey I couldn't even dip it in ranch to save it. I am pretty convinced they forgot about order then just nuked it into a putt. Luckily my boyfriends cuban was much better, and he gave me half with some great fries and decent side salad. The waitress was sweet, but had no clue about anything. She nor the cooks (we heard her go back and ask) even knew when I asked if mine was supposed to come with spicy pickles (One reason I ordered it!) Anyways… very disappointing for such an exciting menu.

2 Thank manningn4
Florence, Oregon
“Very good food & service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

4 of us went to Alder for dinner. We ordered the ribeye steak, mushroom vegetarian dish, rockfish & catfish. The gentleman who served us we remembered from Ona's; he is very good at what he does. My rockfish was excellent; the waiter brought us a big platter of grilled asparagus & squash. Delicious. We also had 2 glasses of Saginaw pinot noir & it was very good. I'd go back here (we hope they are able to rejuvenate the inside somewhat as it looks pretty dreary; we also saw a black ant & a green caterpillar on 2 of the plates but at least they were alive & not part of the dishes).

1 Thank Terry H
Corvallis, Oregon
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had two different good eggs benedict dishes: the traditional and the Oregon coast. The potatoes that came with the eggs were plentiful and fantastic. Service was attentive and fast.

Visited July 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Very slow service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We came in for lunch with a big group of people. The waited was extremely slow at taking orders. The food was good. I found it very strange that after we got our change, the waited was recounting every penny that she brought back, like she was hinting for a bigger tip.

2 Thank 104Angela