“One of Our Best Meals on the Coast”
Review of Alder Bistro & Lounge - CLOSED

Alder Bistro & Lounge
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Alder bistro & the dispensary lounge specializes in house made Pacific Northwest cuisine with a Southern flair, featuring, local, wild-caught & organic ingredients. With our own in-house patissiere, the rich, seasonal desserts are always something to look forward to. In the lounge, we feature Oregon wines, beers & spirits. Our focus is on bringing the freshest, finest quality foods to your table at the best possible prices.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We ate at a lot of restaurants during our July trip to the coast, but this was our favorite. We had the seafood mac and cheese and salmon. Both dishes were really amazing. We arrived for an early dinner at 4pm and our service was good. The restaurant started to get busy as we were finishing our meal and our service remained consistent.

1  Thank ValSantaFe

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The two of us were in for Sunday brunch. There were 4or 5 other tables of couples or small families. We placed our orders for French toast and an omelette and waited...and waited...and waited. After 30 minutes, we told the waitress that we would have to leave. The couple to the right of us also left. As did the couple to the left of us. There were no fewer than FOUR people working in the kitchen. We felt badly for the server. It wasn't her fault that three tables walked out. They DEFINITELY need to do some serious revamping of their kitchen staff if they expect to survive.

1  Thank thebug525
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The food for the most part was good, but was way over-priced. I felt like I walked in to some trendy bistro in the Pearl in Portland. They also don't have AC, and were seating people in the warmest part fo the restaurant first. Not like it had a view. Seafood Mac & Cheese was very good, but not much of a portion. The Seafood pot pie was also very good and was a decent portion. What they called a "peach crisp" that my wife had for dessert didn't have any crisp to it at all. It was more of a "peach flaccid"...some nice fresh peaches with some oatmeal. Oooooohhh. I truly expected to be wowed quite a bit more for the money I spent.

3  Thank Zigzag61
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had a great breakfast here heading down the coast. Good omelets and ham with eggs. Nice atmosphere. Recommended.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were so bummed out here. I haven't been so excited about a lunch menu in a while, everything looked amazing! And a nice change of pace from all seafood items. BUT, shouldn't have gotten hopes up. The service was terribly slow. The food took 40 minutes to come out, with only one other table in there at the time. (And the table next to us got theirs the same time despite coming in 20 minutes after us) I asked if I could get my bison burger MR and she said no they are cooked the same but there should be some pink in middle. I got it and it was so dry, hard and grey I couldn't even dip it in ranch to save it. I am pretty convinced they forgot about order then just nuked it into a putt. Luckily my boyfriends cuban was much better, and he gave me half with some great fries and decent side salad. The waitress was sweet, but had no clue about anything. She nor the cooks (we heard her go back and ask) even knew when I asked if mine was supposed to come with spicy pickles (One reason I ordered it!) Anyways… very disappointing for such an exciting menu.

2  Thank manningn4