“Several awesome nights!”

Silver Surf Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hey y'all,

I took my family to the Silver Surf for a couple nights last week. We stayed in an ocean view cabin and totally loved our time there! We flew kites on the beach and spent hours in the indoor swimming pool.

The staff was friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome.

I made a video of the property with the permission of the management, check it out!

Anyways, I booked another night in August for just the wifey and me!

Room Tip: Cabins are roomy for families but all of the motel rooms have kitchenettes and better views of the o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 May 2014

In February, I had the opportunity to travel to the Oregon Coast and spend the week-end at the" Silver Surf." It's location on the beach side of Highway 101 makes it a great place to stay for those who like to walk on the beach or just sit, relax and watch the the ocean, There is easy access to the beach for that long walk or benches for those who wish to just sit and relax. Be sure to bring your pet along, as it is a pet friendly motel.

Our cabin was very clean and nicely decorated and appeared to have had some remodeling done recently. The grounds were well groomed .I also noticed there was a hot tub and pool. However, I did not use them as my goal was just to relax and enjoy the ocean. Cellphone service was not good in this area so I wouldn't count on it but found I could usually send a text message when needed.

The hosts went above and beyond to make our stay very pleasant. I would love to return again one day and would recommend you come to relax and enjoy the "Silver Surf."

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dorothy B
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Right on the ocean just steps from the beach. Had two rooms, both clean and decently appointed, but this place is old and showing its age. The hot tub was out of service, there was NO wi-fi, TV reception was intermittent, and the pool closed too early at 8pm. The location is wonderful, the kitchenette appliances were functional, they allow dogs, and the rates are reasonable, but there are certainly no frills here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bryn131
Reviewed 24 April 2014

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of staying at the Silver Surf in Yachats, OR. While I am not one to take the time to write reviews, I just couldn't let this opportunity pass. While there, my "sisters" and I were treated like special guests from the moment we arrived until we departed. The attention to our comfort was always apparent as any request was fill immediately. The rooms are well appointed and spacious. The view of the ocean is vast and memorable. If there were more than five stars available, I would award them to the Silver Surf, the management and staff.

Room Tip: There are both rooms and small cabins. We stayed in a cabin. It was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Donna W
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We love love love the Silver Surf. It is the perfect hotel for people traveling with dogs and it's pretty inexpensive. This place is always spotless and it has a nice size kitchen. It is not a new hotel, so don't expect palacial elegance, just a cozy and clean home base.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank pinkfifi
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a wonderful time. We stayed in one of the remodeled pet-friendly rooms which was very clean. It was nice having a kitchen to cook our meals. The dogs loved the beach, running and playing ball. We sat on the balcony and watched the sunset, Very relaxing!

The innkeepers were very happy, friendly and helpful. They were doing a St. Patrick's Day special with a weekend full of fun activities and a dinner Saturday.

This will be our new place to stay when we go to the coast with our dogs.

The dogs also really liked the dog treats that were in the room with their beach towels.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Cristy R
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just returned from a last minute getaway to Yachats and found this gem. It was perfect place for me and my puppy, Cosette. The building itself is older and this is not a fancy resort. But if you are wanting to step out your door onto the beach, listen to the waves crash all night, swim laps or soak in the hot tub, and not spend a whole lot...then this is your place. I didn't have to worry that my dog was too messy (all that sand!) or being too loud because the folks at the motel were very dog friendly and accommodating. Almost all the rooms on the bottom floor are pet friendly so we had plenty of other dogs to visit. The kitchenette was perfect for cooking some of my meals and then the manager recommended the best fish dinner at Luna's in Yachats (definitely try the halibut), I wasn't expecting a resort, but I was pleasantly surprised on how comfortable I was, how well I slept, and how badly I wanted to stay longer. I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SondraTootell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Silver Surf Motel? Share your experiences!