Silver Surf Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Adobe Resort(Yachats)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$127
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge(Yachats)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$76
Fireside Motel(Yachats)(Great Value!)
US$103
Travelocity
Ocean Cove Inn(Yachats)(Great Value!)
US$74
Ya'Tel Motel(Yachats)
  • Pool
All reviewsoregon coastindoor pool and hot tubfire pitthe managersfull kitchenbeach accessbeach toysocean viewexcellent viewelectric fireplaceprivate balconybeautiful beachlaundry roomclean roomsmy favorite placelove this placeeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I had never seen the ocean and after lots of newbie research, we decided to see the Oregon Coast and start off with Yachats and The Silver Surf. A trip to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and take an actual vacation. Starting here was the perfect choice!

Our room was ready, even though we were a little early. It's an older motel from the 60's, I believe, with that character and welcoming feel. The room was very clean and the little kitchenette had everything you could need to make meals and a full size, pristine clean, refrigerator. The bathroom was small, but again, very clean. There were plenty of towels, hot water and even little convenience size soaps and such. A small balcony with two chairs and a little table that we used every morning for coffee and every evening for sunsets.

There is a lovely green space of grassy yard, some lawn chairs to rest in, little waste can with extra doggie bags for those with their pets and super easy access to the beach. The beach..... Was magnificent and lovely and you can walk to your hearts content. We were there the first few days of May and managed to see whale's blow on their ay by. Who knew it would be fun to say "I saw whale spit!"

It's was exactly as described and as pictured - but one precious surprise. Our daughters contacted the property managers to arrange a bottle of wine and some goodies be delivered to us on our first night. My daughter said Shelley (forgive me if I got the name wrong) was absolutely wonderful to work with and made it easy and fun to arrange such a thoughtful and heartfelt gift. And oh boy did she ever! She and her husband walked over a bight little sand bucket filled with ice and a bottle of what turned out to be very nummy wine, and a huge basket filled with fruit, cheese, crackers, smoked salmon and home made artichoke dip (was amazing!).

These two people started our stay off with such a welcome and continued the rest of our stay (4 days) with just the perfect amount of friendly welcome that was non-intrusive, low-key and yet fun. Loved it. Would do it again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patty C
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hey y'all,

I took my family to the Silver Surf for a couple nights last week. We stayed in an ocean view cabin and totally loved our time there! We flew kites on the beach and spent hours in the indoor swimming pool.

The staff was friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome.

I made a video of the property with the permission of the management, check it out!

Anyways, I booked another night in August for just the wifey and me!

Room Tip: Cabins are roomy for families but all of the motel rooms have kitchenettes and better views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

In February, I had the opportunity to travel to the Oregon Coast and spend the week-end at the" Silver Surf." It's location on the beach side of Highway 101 makes it a great place to stay for those who like to walk on the beach or just sit, relax and watch the the ocean, There is easy access to the beach for that long walk or benches for those who wish to just sit and relax. Be sure to bring your pet along, as it is a pet friendly motel.

Our cabin was very clean and nicely decorated and appeared to have had some remodeling done recently. The grounds were well groomed .I also noticed there was a hot tub and pool. However, I did not use them as my goal was just to relax and enjoy the ocean. Cellphone service was not good in this area so I wouldn't count on it but found I could usually send a text message when needed.

The hosts went above and beyond to make our stay very pleasant. I would love to return again one day and would recommend you come to relax and enjoy the "Silver Surf."

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dorothy B
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Right on the ocean just steps from the beach. Had two rooms, both clean and decently appointed, but this place is old and showing its age. The hot tub was out of service, there was NO wi-fi, TV reception was intermittent, and the pool closed too early at 8pm. The location is wonderful, the kitchenette appliances were functional, they allow dogs, and the rates are reasonable, but there are certainly no frills here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bryn131
Reviewed 24 April 2014

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of staying at the Silver Surf in Yachats, OR. While I am not one to take the time to write reviews, I just couldn't let this opportunity pass. While there, my "sisters" and I were treated like special guests from the moment we arrived until we departed. The attention to our comfort was always apparent as any request was fill immediately. The rooms are well appointed and spacious. The view of the ocean is vast and memorable. If there were more than five stars available, I would award them to the Silver Surf, the management and staff.

Room Tip: There are both rooms and small cabins. We stayed in a cabin. It was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends