“absolutely awesome”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
spokane,wa
“absolutely awesome”
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We stayed at this motel the last couple of days and have been incredibly impressed. Perfect location, great area to bring our canine family, staff is very friendly, rooms are not fancy but very, very clean and comfortable. We will definately be back and hopefully for longer than 2 days. Great job by all in keeping this such a wonderful place to come for a visit.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Clean room, friendly staff and quiet location. It's not fancy but it had everything we needed. The internet wouldn't connect, probably just as well. We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank eljell
Reviewed 22 July 2009

My husband and I have stayed at the Silver Surf a couple times and found the simple, clean room with kitchenette a true bargain---with a priceless view of the ocean from our bed! This time we went with our son and his family who stayed in an adjacent room. They loved it! Plus they have been upgrading it with new refrigerators and linens, plus repainting the rooms. Once they've redone the heated pool in October, it will be an even better bargain and experience. We found the managers eager to meet our every need, including providing a picnic table and tablecloth for an outdoor meal out of the wind. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Mcjuice
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We stay here every year for my birthday trip, this Nana & I's 9th year and my nieces 5th year staying. The remodeling on the rooms and cabins is wonderful everything looked so clean and fresh when we arrived. The motel staff and managers have been so helpful and nice. We have six of my nieces with me this year ranging from 2 to 12 and we are all having the time of our life like normal. The love being right on the beach to boogie board, have a neat tide pool with in walking distance, and an indoor pool if the weather is bad. This is the perfect vacation get away and even the cocker spaniel loves it here. The new outdoor game additions are wonderful.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank StonehavenCastle
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I have stayed at the Silver Surf for years. It has always been my favorite place to stay in the Florence/Yachats/Newport area. The location can't be beat.

The partial remodeling is great and was needed. Unfortunately, it seems the cleanliness of the rooms has gone downhill. I appreciate being able to check in an hour early, but I would have gladly waited a little longer to have a clean room.

There was (what looked like) blood on the outer edge of the toilet seat. There was hair on the bathroom walls, shower enclosure walls, toilet and bathroom sink. All around the toilet and the toilet itself was dirty. I had to clean the top of the fridge just to set some snacks up there. I only used a few glasses. cups and utensils and had to wash every one before use. The table and the piece of furniture holding the tv looked like they hadn't been wiped off in a while, they had smears of something on them. What I first noticed was that the room hadn't been vacuumed or maybe just wasn't vacuumed well.

I was grateful that the towels and sheets seemed clean and like usual the stay was pleasant. I will probably stay at the Silver Surf again, but I am going to try the Fireside down the road first.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim B
Spring Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 June 2009

The hotel was very nice and the price was great. We only stayed 1 night we were just passing through. The owners were just wonderful-gave us advice on where to go!
Would for sure stay here again. I wouldn' t call i the "bates" hotel.
The owner even had us look at the room BEFORE we said we would stay-she wanted to make sure we liked the rooms!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jmp01
bend oregon
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Please check the date of this review....this motel had been remodeled, My sister and I stayed two nights at the Silver Surf. Check- in was easy, nice managers, eager to recommend restaurants, places to go. The weather was really changeable and rain storms were brief enough that we could get out and actually see a little sunshine. One sunset was lovely. We could see the surf from our room, it was just a short walk away. The room was comfy and clean. Previous reviews here were very negative about cleanliness and that is just not true now! Our room had been completely remodeled---new paint, carpet, light fixtures, kitchenette counter, bathroom paint, counter, sink, faucet, and new entry linoleum. Parking was just outside our door. There were no smells and no hairs on any of the linen. The Hide-a-Bed mattress was new and very comfortable. The housekeepers were friendly and energetic. We brought two dogs and were only charged $10. Most other visitors had dogs too and everyone had control of their dogs. If you plan to cook, I suggest you bring paper towels. Otherwise we had everything we needed. I hate to think a potential visitor would stay away from the Silver Surf because of outdated and bitter reviews.

• Stayed March 2009
1 Thank marystreed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
#6 of 11 in Yachats
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Silver Surf Motel? Share your experiences!