“Great New Management”
Review of Silver Surf Motel

Silver Surf Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Reviewed 25 October 2010

In 2004, I went to the Silver Surf with my now deceased sister. It was terrible then. Unclean, poor service, nothing seemed to work, unsafe beach access, and hideous beds. But because of the location, ocean view, and new website, I decided to try it again with my brother and his wife. We are all senior citizens in our seventies. My sister-in-law and I have arthritis that makes stairs difficult. The new management accommodated us with two adjoining rooms on the first floor. Although this first level is for those who have pets, the rooms were very clean, The service was good, and the beds were wonderful. We not only had TV with Home Box Office but also had Wi-Fy. The kitchen appliances now worked, dishes were in good conditions, and there were hangers in the closet—so different from the way it was previously. Access to the beach was greatly improved. With the new sturdy railings and my cane, I managed to get down to the beach and walk next to the ocean. The current managers are delightful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank readwell
There are newer reviews for Silver Surf Motel

Reviewed 2 October 2010

A friend and I stayed here at the end of September. We loved the room and the view. Front desk person was very gracious. I recommend this place highly.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

We LOVED this motel. I was leery about it living up to its reputation but I needn't have worried. The rooms were great, the staff were terrific, the views incredible, and the beach - well what can I say. The only odd thing was the room didn't have a kettle for boiling water so we had to use a pot. No biggie just odd. Otherwise I'd go back in a hearbeat. Bad wireless connection but oh well.

Reviewed 24 September 2010

Great motel, clean, friendly, dog friendly, nice pool with easy access to beach. This was our 2nd visit and will continue to go back when in the area.

Reviewed 31 August 2010

What a great place to start our holiday down the Oregon coast We had a upstairs room with all amenities and a wonderful ocean view with just a short stroll to the beach.
The room was spotless with a very comfortable bed.
The host are lovely folks, very friendly accommodating .
Will defiantly come back to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

This was the choice we made for an anniversary weekend in July. The motel and grounds are clean and inviting, the access to the beach easy & relatively painless even
for two older people who hobble a little. There was an indoor pool (we did not use) and there seemed to be lots of games and equipment available at the small office where the staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. This is a family-oriented place where kids can have a great time. The room, though dated, was immaculate and contained most items one would need. My least favorite parts were that the rooms are all upstairs and the bed was not super comfortable......overall a very nice place to stay & play!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tulip48
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I stayed here with my family and my husband is a below the knee amputee. He requires a bath chair to shower, I asked the gal if they had a chair for the tub and she said no, we don't have those kinds of things.. but I'm sure you can use one of the plastic chairs out on the patio... ummmm DANGEROUS! I thought all hotel/motels were to be some sort of ADA friendly??
we also are traveling with our dog.. there are bags for people to use to pick up after their pets and I have seen a few people just leave it and walk away. This Motel is very pet friendly but some people take advantage and just don't get it..
The internet isnt so good... cell phone service isnt good but the cell service has nothing to do with the motel...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
Adobe Resort
Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Silver Surf Motel? Share your experiences!