Landhaven
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bear Creek Mountain Resort(Macungie)
US$110
US$68
QualityInn
US$108
US$105
Quality Inn & Suites Quakertown(Quakertown)(Great Value!)
US$83
Priceline
US$140
US$124
US$70
Travelocity
US$117
Budget Host Pottstown(New Berlinville)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Landhaven on March 9th. We were attending an Irish folk music concert that was being held in the Landhaven and decided to make a weekend of it. (Donna and Ed host concerts on Saturday nights.) The Landhaven was once a general store and has now been turned into a B & B. The beautiful old building was a joy to visit. I felt like I stepped back in time (with all the modern conveniences). The floors creak and all of the woodwork is authentic. I loved every inch of the place.

Upon arrival, we received a warm welcome from both Donna and Ed Land. They are truly wonderful to be around. They made us feel like family. We stayed in the Pilgert which was a beautiful room! It was very large and the bathroom was well appointed with a separate shower and jacuzzi tub. It was clean and well-kept. Decorated with lovely antiques, I enjoyed just looking at everything. The bed was extremely comfortable, too. My only twinge was with the bedroom door. There was no lock, but the twinge passed quickly. I did feel safe. I think the lock situation might just be the way of B & B's.

Another reviewer mentioned rusty water (I didn't see any rust, but there was a vague scent of iron.). I think that may just be the way of older houses. It wasn't an issue. The room itself was comfortable and charming. Another reviewer also mentioned the noise from the concert. I can't speak to that as we attended the concert. We had no issues with noise. In fact, it is such a quiet place that we felt like we had truly escaped from the hustle and bustle of our lives.

A herd of deer grazed in the field beyond our window. It was a beautiful sight. The next morning, we enjoyed the company of two other couples and Donna and Ed at breakfast. Donna truly has a talent for good food. We enjoyed an asparagus and sausage strata and an amazingly tasty bananas foster dish. It was a lovely end to a fantastic weekend. We lingered over breakfast and lively conversation for hours. I had such a wonderful time that I'm looking for reasons to go again. I look forward to our next visit.

See you soon, Donna and Ed!

Room Tip: The Pilgert is lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Let me start by saying my wife and I thoughts the owners were very nice and gracious. We stayed at Landhaven in the Pilgert room while we were skiing the weekend at Bear Creek. The room was nice and clean and the king sized bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was modern with a tiled shower and a large whirlpool bath. The whirlpool worked great but the water was rusty (I don't know if thie is typical for older homes). The breakfast the first morning consisted of scrambled eggs and cheese, fresh strawberries and oranges, juice, coffee and toast. The second morning's breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs and cheese, sausage, baked apple, juice coffee, and toast. The coffee on the second morning tasted like the coffee that was left over from the night before that was made for the concert goers. Coffee was only available to us at breakfast and no sweets or baked goods were offered during our weekend stay. The main issue we had with Landhaven is with the concerts they have in the same building as the B & B. On the Saturday night that we stayed they had a concert that started at 8 pm for over 100 people. When we got back to Landhaven after dinner we had to park on the lawn because there was no available parking. During intermission of the concert it sounded like there were 100 people in our room it was so loud. The people from the concert were basically under our room. Also let me mention that there was no way to lock the door to our bedroom. If you are staying at Landhaven while attending the concert it may not be that bad. Otherwise, don't expect to get to sleep early if you are staying while there is a concert.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Landhaven B&B, owned and managed by Ed and Donna Land, is situated in an old general store and is a step back in time. The B&B is on one side of the building and the antique store on the other. Each room is unique as are the bathrooms. We've stayed in The Bittenbinder that has a great spa, jetted shower; The Pilgert with a shower and a separate jacuzzi tub; and The Schankweiler with a slipper tub and huge rain shower head. Any one of these will soothe your soul. As a member of the Folk Alliance, which supports the creativity of live music and singers/songwriters, Landhaven offers house concerts on many Friday and Saturday nights, The quaint store evolves into a room filled with people sitting in rocking chairs and on benches, listening to top-notch local, as well as well-known, musicians performing. The concerts are BYOB and light snacks are served. The pastoral countryside is beautiful in any season and Donna's breakfasts, as well as Ed's stories are superb. A real gem!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BlueCanoe07
Reviewed 16 December 2009

An unusual place to stay with great rooms and a delicious hot breakfast at reasonable prices, this B&B is an old General Store that was converted into a B&B and still has a historic portion with old items for sale. The beds are top notch luxury beds that will guarantee you the sleep of your life. Also have handmade comforters. The different rooms also offer deluxe bathrooms of different types from the king room with the double jacuzi to one with an enclosed 7-jet spa shower that will blow your mind. Donna, who is one of the owners, is a professional recipe tester for Campbell's soup so she knows how to cook! Both Ed and Donna will accommodate any special requests you may have for beverages, etc, if you notify them prior to your arrival. Barto is south of Allentown, PA, in a town with nothing to do but watch the horse and buggies from the local Amish go by. Great for a romantic weekend for two, or if you want to upgrade your accommodations while traveling to Allentown and don't mind a little drive.

1  Thank bluscombe