“I wouldn't stay in this hotel if someone paid me to stay here.”

Knights Inn Poconos/Bartonsville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bartonsville
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I wouldn't stay here again if this place was free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before we were switched out of our room we had to prove that there were bugs. The Manager on Duty told us numerous times that "this hotel never has any complaints about bugs". Apparently that was incorrect, I've seen a ton of bad reviews about your hotel after doing extensive research. If that wasn't enough, the room he switched us too had more bugs and on top of that my friends room also had the same huge bugs. So much for never having any complaints about bugs, yet 3 out of 3 rooms all had bugs. What are the odds?

The manager was just too CHEAP to provide some sort of monetary compensation for the headaches we incurred. Therefore, I uploaded pictures of the bugs that your hotel claims never to have problems with and for your convenience I''ve attached it to this email. I also have videos of the other bugs that were in the other room if you'd like that I can submit it to you for viewing as well.

This instance even led me so far to make a complaint with the BBB. NEVER in my life have I ever made a complaint with the BBB. I could not believe someone would offer such poor service and be ok with that.

Based on the numerous BAD reviews your hotel has seen you ought to be ashamed and embarrassed. Just in case you aren't aware of those I've attached a few for your perusal.

I HOPE THIS HOTEL GOES OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Put your money else where.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank nluvya
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Poconos/Bartonsville

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Stayed here for two nights in May 2012. The cleanliness of the room was fine -- probably just as clean as your own house! Beds were comfortable. Shower was very good pressure and temperature. Continental breakfast is lame, tho.
Pool was good. On a highway road, but not too noisy in room. Restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Pool is outdoor, next to one end of the hotel. If you want to use the pool, ask for a room close t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Our family of 5 (3 kids) stayed here on 2/3/12. I thought because they accepted a reservation for 5 that the place had to be pretty roomy...NOT!!! 2 full size beds in an extra tiny room. Absolutely DISGUSTING! The room had a smokey/musty smell. The sheets were dirty the beds were disgusting. The toilet over-flowed the 1st time we flushed it. The bathroom light only worked sometimes. I couldn't sleep because I was afraid of what might be crawling around the filthy room during the night. I wouldn't even let my kids brush their teeth because I wasn't sure if the bathroom sink/vanity was clean. The comment card was filthy. It was the worst hotel/motel stay I have ever had! FIND ANOTHER PLACE FOR THE NIGHT!!

Room Tip: Do not go by the pictures posted on-line. The room did not look anything like that.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Do yourself a favor and stay ANYWHERE else. Stayed here 2 nights because we thought "Hey,it's cheap and we'll be out of the room most of the time". Big mistake.
It's dirty. The rug looks and feels like it's rarely vacuumed.The shower area is crumbling. God help you if you stay here in the winter as there are cracks and air coming thru the door frame.
The "continental breakfast" was undrinkable coffee and packaged slimy crap that makes a Ring Ring seem nutritious.
The pool is nice and as far as I can tell the sheet was clean.Miraculously the air conditioning worked.
But seriously,fair warning,this place is bad and depressing.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank longtimenewyorker84
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The location is great with distances from everthing. But the housekeeping is terrible, they don't vaccum the floor or clean the bathtub, all they do is changed the garbage and towels. There is no hairdryer and iron the room, you have to go to the office to get it everytime you need it. They don't even put extra toilet paper in the room, you have to ask for it as well. We never stay in the place where the housekeeper don't clean your room daily like this Motel ( and we do travel alot domestic and international).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klovej11
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We got a room for $45/night for Friday and Sat night through Priceline's "Name your own price." The rooms are small, but it's the Poconos so you shouldn't be spending much time in your room anyway! The location is good with plenty of food and entertainment options w/in 5 min drive. Yes the hotel itself is a little old and obviously has signs of wear, but again... it's $45/night.
It was a little noisy at night sometimes because the hotel sits so close to the road, but we had the heater on so it basically drown out the traffic. It was also convenient to park directly in front of your room, so your bed was only steps from your car. If you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay and aren't very "high maintenance" then this is a solid place to go.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neallnds
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This is an awful place. I went there with a group of 5. We booked the Only two available suites with jacuzzi and one standard room. First of all, the place looks creepy. As soon as you walk in to the small reception you can you can smell mold and dampness. When we were given the keys to the rooms OMG, The rooms smelled horrible, I got the heart shaped jacuzzi room, it was very dirty. There were a bunch of spiders IN THE ROOM. It looked so disgusting. The other room with the other jacuzzi was extremely dirty too and the size of bed was so was incredibly small. We went to the reception to complaint and they said that the spiders was a normal thing because it was in the woods. (seriously?? We were indoor in a room not outside on a tent) PLEASE DO NOT EVER GO THERE. The pictures are very deceiving... The pool is very dirty and deteriotated. We did not think twice to pack our stuff and leave that place for a better one... Seriously follow my advice Do not Ever visit this disgusting place if you do not want to go through one of the worst experiences of your life. By the way, The rooms are very OLD. So those reviews that said everything looked new and nice are very very WRONG. I hope I can save some people from ever going there with this review.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shorty03_24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartonsville
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area

Been to Knights Inn Poconos/Bartonsville? Share your experiences!