“Very good”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Bartonsville
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We like the well known restaurants so we searched for this. The gps took us to the wrong place but we called and got directions. Food was good, service was fine too..just the waitress did not bring us napkins and we had to ask for utensils

There are newer reviews for Red Lobster

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is the second (and last time) this has or will happen to me. I wanted some seafood. on a Sunday night... went in as a single to the Bartonsville Red Lobster and seated myself at the bar. The bartender asked me if I needed a menu, which I did, and then I sat down to order. Unfortunately the lighting at the bar is so low I could not read the menu. I mentioned that it could be difficult to order that which I could not read and was told that that was all the lighting there was. That it was beyond the power of the bartender to raise the level of the lighting directly above the bar...something about corporate policy after 6 PM. Think it had more to do with bartender policy about getting out early on a Sunday night.

The reason I wanted to sit at the bar was to watch the US/ Portugal FIFA World Cup game. something you could only do from the bar area.

I told the bartender it will be difficult to order from a menu I could not see, and walked out.

I explained politely to the station hostess why I felt compelled to leave, since the menu's were not legible at the lighting level of the bar, and they offered to serve me in a booth....from whence I could not see the television with the game.

I am sure Red Lobster has hired highly paid marketing Guru's to explain why they are not profitable and why as a group they seem to be losing vast quantities of money. If they looked a little closer at their own policies and used a modicum of common sense....they might not be up to their gills in alligators.

I went and found a decent meal elsewhere while watching the World Cup game, and will never waste my time with red Lobster again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Food was very good, value was great had the 4 course meal way too much food had to bring some home. Biscuits were delicious. Would recommend this location to anyone who was looking for a good restaurant in this area, gets busy though.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Although my lunch was okay, it was obvious the waitress couldn't be bothered with a single diner. I asked for an ice tea when I sat down and got ice water. She did bring my biscuits over right away and they were the best part of the the meal. I ordered soup and salad. The salad tasted old and was probably dumped out of a bag. The dressing was bland and the grilled shrimp were cold. The soup was bland too and I had to add salt and pepper which I never usually do. It took about 10 minutes to get the check and then another 10 minutes for her to pick it up and then she asked if I wanted change - my bill was $10 and I gave her a $20 - was she kidding me? Of course I wanted change which took another 10 minutes to get. I generally like Red Lobster but this one was just not up to their standards.

1  Thank JDAsMom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I went there 12/313 . Because of my past experiences I almost asked them whether they had Tilapia prior to be seated but I didn't. Waited over 10 min for a waitress, the Host had provided menus and several Tilapia items were shown on the 12/3 fresh fish menu so I thought I was safe. After waiting almost 15 min for the waitresses and after my wife ordered I ordered the Tilapia Blackened & was told that they were out of Tilapia. This is not the first time it has happened in THIS restaurant. They expect u to order something else. I don't get it , no Tilapia in a seafood restaurant that has several items (tacos , fish etc. that use this type fish) . They need to put up a sign @ the frt desk when this occurs instead of trying the ol bait & switch. I'm done w/ this particular Red Lobster.

1  Thank KingCole56