Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pocono Plaza Inn(Stroudsburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleanpoconos areawould stay againcamelbackmicrowaveskiingblast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were just staying overnight, and they would give us rooms adjoining our friends' for a low price because we had a coupon and it was early in the week. The location is convenient, and there are many restaurants and stores within a short distance. Kind of an odd smell when we first went in the room, but I didn't really notice it after I'd been there awhile. Could definitely use some updating and deep-cleaning, although the bathroom and linens were clean enough. Microwave and refrigerator in room were useful. Had to haul our suitcases up the stairs to the second floor. Staff that we encountered were nice. I don't think I would stay here if I had had to pay more, and wouldn't want to stay more than a night or two. Kind of dark and worn inside and grounds not very well maintained

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here for Mother's Day and had a great time. There are golf courses, shopping outlets and places to eat near by, so there's a lot to do. The staff was friendly, and provided a great breakfast each morning. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

we had a weekend golf outing and stayed at the Howard Johnson's. The owner and his staff took excellent care of us while we were there. They provided breakfast for us before we left and had dinner ready when we got back. They catered to all our needs (for about 34 people) and made us feel like we were family. I would recommend them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am happy with my 4 day stay there. The service from everyone was very helpful and friendly.
The restaurant food quality was good and a great value. The grounds and interior are a little worn and need updating. My room was clean, and the Bathroom looks like it was recently updated. You can see signs that updating is going on.
I would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business