Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area
US$69
US$98
US$96
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$130
Pocono Plaza Inn(Stroudsburg)
US$141
All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleanpoconos areawould stay againcamelbackmicrowaveskiingblast
Reviewed 20 July 2005

When we arrived at 10:00 at night ready for bed our room was an oven. The room took over 2 hours to cool down once we turned the air conditioner on. In addition, one of the reasons we picked the hotel was their advertising of a fittness room. However the staff said the fittness room did not "open" until 9:00 (which is way too late for those of us who needed to be on our way by 9). Both the evening and morning staff sited something to do with the game room needing to be open (which it was at 6:30am), therefore there was no reason not to have access to the fittness room. We were very disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank Jeanne L
Reviewed 17 July 2005

I stayed here on a Monday night, July 11th.... saw a billboard on rt 33 advertising $55.00 midweek rooms....the price certainly was right!

as it was getting late already, it seemed like a perfect fit.....and it WAS...

I felt very comfortable there....and being a female traveler on my own , that was important to me....

The room was just right, the mattress was comfortable, and it was very convenient to all Poconos activities (just east of Tannersville)....

It was very busy when I got there 11 pm, and I felt grateful to get one of the last few rooms...........

there were vans from a church group from Queens. NY there.........etc., etc.
the joint was jumping, but yet very quiet....

review by ellen

• Stayed: July 2005
11  Thank ellen4441
Reviewed 13 March 2005

I have a great stay at the Howard Johnson in the Poconose area. The area is great, close to all outdoor activities, fishing, golf, hiking, water falls, ski.... The rooms are average but very clean. Very nice and large indoor pool area. The restaurant is very good and the food is not expensive at all. Check-in is soooo fast. I got my room key in under one minute. Check-out is even less time because they printed my receipt and put it under the door in the morning. I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2005
13  Thank schong
Reviewed 11 January 2005

This is our 3rd time in a row to the Poconos for New Years with my lovely wife. Wanted to try a different hotel. Previous ones were at the Best Western in Stroudsburg and the Clarion near by. Stayed at HOJO this time from Dec 29-Jan 1,2005. Hotel is lovely, check-in went smooth. I was surprised that there was no elevator, but took the 2nd floor room anyway. Room was clean,king size bed very comfortable. Overall impression of room was above average. 25inch tv also. USTODAY available free in lobby each day. We had a delicious breakfast every day here that was ordered from the menu. Ate dinner here once. Parking at hotel was fine. Staff was very polite throughout the hotel.
Would definitely stay here again. Close by to outlets and Camelback.
Indoor pool area looked very nice, unfortunately, never found time to use it.

12  Thank aspen1
Reviewed 9 September 2004

Stayed here for 2 nights April 2003. Picked at random driving along the Interstate as it was cheap. Very nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are large, comfortable and quiet. Had been eating out a lot so we used the microwave and fridge a lot and it was a nice change to overpriced restaurant meals. Not much nearby, you have to use your car to get anywhere. Blissfully peaceful after 5 days in NY.

8  Thank Gutan