Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area
US$139
US$118
US$115
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$167
Travelocity
Pocono Plaza Inn(Stroudsburg)
US$108
US$185
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
US$141
All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleanpoconos areawould stay againcamelbackmicrowaveskiingblast
Reviewed 26 November 2005

Truly a wonderful place to stay. Clean, upscale, great service. The restaurant is very romantic, with a well rounded menu at reasonable prices. The indoor pool really makes you feel like you are on a tropical island. Fitness center and game room aren't very spectacular, but still pretty decent. The rooms also lack pay-per-view movies. Overall, my wife and I enjoyed our stay and would love to go again.

12  Thank TravelocityGuru
A TripAdvisor Member
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 August 2005

Stayed one night while visiting the Poconos with hubby and kids. Room was very clean and had all the amenities that could be expected except for "pay per view" movie channel. Kids were hoping to watch a movie before bed, but none were provided. The lobby is very nice and so is the pool but quite a walk from our second story room. No elevator. And only one way to get to pool from our room. This was the only inconvenience. Also, did not offer continental breakfast. Shower had good water pressure and hot water....plenty of towels and check out was easy with a print-out of my receipt under door in the morning. I'd probably stay here again, but would request a room closer to the pool and lobby.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2005

When we arrived at 10:00 at night ready for bed our room was an oven. The room took over 2 hours to cool down once we turned the air conditioner on. In addition, one of the reasons we picked the hotel was their advertising of a fittness room. However the staff said the fittness room did not "open" until 9:00 (which is way too late for those of us who needed to be on our way by 9). Both the evening and morning staff sited something to do with the game room needing to be open (which it was at 6:30am), therefore there was no reason not to have access to the fittness room. We were very disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank Jeanne L
Reviewed 17 July 2005

I stayed here on a Monday night, July 11th.... saw a billboard on rt 33 advertising $55.00 midweek rooms....the price certainly was right!

as it was getting late already, it seemed like a perfect fit.....and it WAS...

I felt very comfortable there....and being a female traveler on my own , that was important to me....

The room was just right, the mattress was comfortable, and it was very convenient to all Poconos activities (just east of Tannersville)....

It was very busy when I got there 11 pm, and I felt grateful to get one of the last few rooms...........

there were vans from a church group from Queens. NY there.........etc., etc.
the joint was jumping, but yet very quiet....

review by ellen

• Stayed: July 2005
11  Thank ellen4441
Reviewed 13 March 2005

I have a great stay at the Howard Johnson in the Poconose area. The area is great, close to all outdoor activities, fishing, golf, hiking, water falls, ski.... The rooms are average but very clean. Very nice and large indoor pool area. The restaurant is very good and the food is not expensive at all. Check-in is soooo fast. I got my room key in under one minute. Check-out is even less time because they printed my receipt and put it under the door in the morning. I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2005