“Not just another B&B!”
Review of Bischwind

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bear Creek
Bischwind
Ranked #1 of 2 Bear Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This B&B is absolutely beautiful! Worth the price because you feel like you are at a resort! The house is outstanding- like walking back in time with all modern necessities! The breakfast is delicious! Beautiful pool, walking trails, horse trails, and restaurants close to Bischwind. It was our second stay and we're looking forward to our third visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful and unique! They all have something special to offer, main difference is...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at Bischwind for two nights after our wedding and recently returned to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We tossed around a lot of other locations, but decided on Bischwind again. Billi is wonderful. She is outgoing and friendly, and most of all a gracious hostess. I love that she shares stories of the home's history and her family history. Bischwind is really starting to become a special place for us. We want to return many more times and we joked with Billi that we'd love to stay in every room. She actually upgraded our reservation free of charge because a few of the rooms were unoccupied. While giving us a tour of the place, she allowed us to choose the room we stayed in. The room was comfortable and beautiful. We were sad to leave and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful, but we especially like the North Wing rooms. They are separate from...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed the weekend of April 26th. What a beautiful place. Billi was a wonderful host, sharing restaurant ideas and things to do. We had lunch at a wonderful place right down the street called the Bear Creek Cafe on 2 occasions. We enjoyed fishing, a little hiking, and the Mohegan Sun Casino during our visit. We had one of our lunches on the patio of the Bischwind. We just loved it and the view was gorgeous. The breakfasts that Billi served were wonderful on both days. There was a large selection of DVD's to watch while you wind down in the evenings.
Billie was always ready to accomodate us. Since the B&B wasn't full, we were able to upgrade to the Master's Room for no charge. This really made our stay. We just loved the room. This place really had everything we needed!
We can't say enough about the Bischwind and would come back anytime!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This B&B was an amazing find in Pennsylvania. We wanted to find a place to stay while on vacation in the Poconos and after reading reviews chose the Bischwind. It was the best choice I have made in a long time. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. If you are a history buff, the owners are more than happy to regale you with the stories of the home's famous guests, which includes Theodore Roosevelt. The common room fireplace is not to be missed, making for a very comfortable breakfast area or a place to plop down and play board games. The near by waterfall (restored ice baron dam) is a pleasant backdrop to this B&B. I would recommend this B&B looking for a warm and pleasant stay in the Poconos.

Room Tip: The beehive room has a real working fireplace, but if you are looking for a view the master room wou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I are happy with our choice to stay here. The innkeeper was outgoing and helpful. The decor was gorgeous and our room was very cute. The bedding was comfortable and the room made us feel relaxed and also gave us that at home feeling. The inn offers many conveniences so you can have a comfortable stay. I loved the place and enjoyed touring the rooms. Billie takes good care of the place and used quality furnishings esp when renovations were made. The place is also nice and clean and she gives you a decent amount of food for breakfast. I would recommend staying here and would be happy to do so again.

Room Tip: I would recommend either the Master's room, Bear's den or the Wolf's den.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Lovely property, great tudor looking b&b. Breakfast was fantastic and the owners are great.
The house is amazing and has wonderful stained glass. I'm a big fan. Want to go back here sometime. Close to Wilkes-Barre and the casino but not many places to eat or much to do in Bear Creek.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2012

My wife and I rented the guest cottage for the weekend. As such, we did not take advantage of the Bischwind's breakfast. But the cottage was amazing.

For our anniversary, I decided to surprise my wife with a weekend getaway. As I'm originally from Wilkes Barre, I knew of the Bischwind after having attended a wedding on their amazing grounds. Maybe we didn't need a whole cottage for two people, but I wouldn't have done it any differently.

The cottage is decorated in a contemporary country style with a rather prominent equestrian theme. We prepared our own meals in the full kitchen and had a blast doing it. The cottage also came equipped with a washer and dryer. Who wants to do laundry on vacation? Well, it came n handy after my wife and I went trail riding in White Haven during our trip (who wants to smell like horse?).

Billi was exceptionally friendly and helpful during our stay. Despite breakfast not being included int he cottage rental (we were aware of this at the time of booking), she made us feel welcome in the main house.

The cottage is equipped with a hot tub in the master bedroom. Very nice. A fireplace in the den completes the atmosphere. This cottage was phenomenal and the stay was unforgettable.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Mountaintop Lodge at Lake Naomi
Lake Harmony Inn
Lake Harmony Inn
#1 of 1 in Lake Harmony

Been to Bischwind? Share your experiences!