“Loved, loved, loved it!”
Review of Bischwind

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bear Creek
Bischwind
Ranked #1 of 2 Bear Creek B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved, loved, loved it!”
Reviewed 13 July 2006

My husband and I stayed in the Teddy Roosevelt suite for two days at the start of our honeymoon. The Suite was amazing, very comfortable and quite homey.

I’ve stayed at B&B’s before and I’m normally not a big fan b/c I don’t appreciate having the host always being aware of our comings/goings. The Bischwind was totally different. We came and went and didn’t feel as if we were intruding on the hosts (probably helps that they don’t actually live there) or as if they were keeping tabs on us.

The breakfasts are amazing and cooked to order. Be prepared for a lot of food -- we didn’t eat for quite a few hours after! We loved the Bischwind and hope to make it back someday.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank theparretts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 23 May 2006

My girlfriend and I spent a night at Bischwind last Fall and I must say that it was an amazing place to stay! I highly recommend it to anyone looking to spend a weekend at a B&B in the Poconos. The house itself is enormous and the rooms are nice and roomy, clean, and simply decorated beautifully. We stayed in the Bear's Den, and it was so nice!

I can't say enough about the hospitality we received while we were there and the breakfast in the morning is fantastic! Literally, Bischwind is the BEST Bed & Breakfast in PA!!

• Stayed October 2005
NJ
Reviewed 21 February 2006

My wife and I stayed at Bischwind for two nights on Feb 17 & 18 for a weekend getaway and found it to be a great experience.

We stayed in the Beehive room, and found it quite comfortable .. we really wanted a fireplace and fortunately this room had one. You're only allowed to burn the paper logs (which they provide), but we were fine with that.

There was a decent snow fall one morning and we took that opportunity to walk the grounds in the snow, and see the white pony which they have. The house is near the lake and waterfall which are just gorgeous in the winter.

The house itself is enormous, with European decor which we loved. Breakfast was the best ever ... if you go with the gourmet breakfast plan, thenyou won't be disappointed. We were served fresh melon, croissants, egg omelet, potatos, and your choice of salmon, filet mignon, or shrimp scampi, then topped off with dessert, which for us was cheesecake!

For lunch we highly recommed the Bear Creek Cafe' nearby, and for dinner ... the Bear Creek Inne just down the road for excellent steak and seafood.

We will definitely be returning, and hope to visit again in the summer or fall. Our thanks to our hosts Billi and Ralph English for our wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2006
4 Thank Emed32
Reviewed 17 February 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed at Bischwind for one night on 2-17-06. The place itself was very beautiful. We stayed in the Wolf's Den which was very nice. It had a jacuzzi which we enjoyed very much. We were pretty much allowed to explore the entire mansion as we pleased which was very nice. The unoccupied rooms were left unlocked so we were able to see all the suites. That was enjoyable and will help in making our decision on which suite to choose on our next visit. The breakfast was also excellent. It was probably the best breakfast we have ever been served at a B&B. It included an omelette, potatoes, choice of meat(including filet mignon), cinnammon rolls, fresh fruit, crossaints, hot and cold beverages and a brownie a la mode. The food was so plentiful that we had a hard time finishing everything. The innkeepers were also probably the friendliest we have ever experienced. Their pleasant attitude really makes this place stand out.

Unfortunately, the grounds were muddy due to the recent snowfall and we weren't able to do much exploring. There is a pony on the property as well as a small lake and a swimming pool. It would probably be terrific here in warm weather.

The only negative thing about Bischwind is the location. We didn't find much to do in the surrounding areas. But I think the point of a B&B is to relax and be housed in a beautiful, cozy atmopshere. Bischwind definitely meets that criteria. I would not hesitate to return here in the future.

• Stayed February 2006
Reviewed 13 August 2005

Amazing place - perhaps the most beautiful B&B I have ever stayed at!!
Gourmet breakfast is incredible!!

• Stayed July 2005
The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel
Lake Harmony Inn
Lake Harmony Inn
#1 of 1 in Lake Harmony

Been to Bischwind? Share your experiences!