“Overall, A Nice Clean Place At a Great Price”
Review of Travelodge Bedford

Travelodge Bedford
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Would stay again. Rooms were clean, Breakfast was included and good. The only thing lacking was outdoor chairs so you could sit outside. The group that we stayed with, After riding motorcycles all day, likes to congregate in the parking lot and swap stories about the days riding. That was a little inconvienient without chairs.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at the Travelodge Bedford. I will pass along the suggestions to our staff. I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the Bedford area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 May 2013

First off, I am not one to write negative articles, however I have just now returned from a two night stay at the Travelodge Bedford while attending a group event and feel a need to share my experience.

The good points were the complimentary breakfast and the friendly staff. The breakfast was a full-buffet style with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. The staff were polite and courteous.

As for the negative... Numerous complaints regarding the age and condition of the beds were shared by my group. My bed, a king, was many, many years beyond it's service life. ie: sagging in centre and worn out. As I ran my hand over the sheet, I felt each and every spring. A colleague's request for a room change due to the condition of his bed was ignored so he chose to sleep on the floor. Enough said on that.

The rooms are long in need of upgrades. The dark brown tiles in my bathroom, the poor ceiling repairs and water staining gave a hint to the hotel's age. Given the fact that my room door did not seal at the base, I was surprised to find only several carpenter ants in the room despite the hundreds gathering on the door sill every evening to collect water from the a/c drain.

My wife brought her work-out gear to enjoy the

The swimming pool was empty. The hot tub was running but appeared long overdue for a cleaning despite a worker saying he just put chemicals in it. Although the weather was right for a hot tub, I saw no one in it.

On my second evening some members of our group decided to dine at the restaurant located onsite. In our dinner-group of five (not too large), the appetizers either did not come or arrived with the entree. My wife ordered a chicken plate. Despite the waitress' insistence that the order was correct, the only similarity to what she had ordered and what arrived could be determined through a DNA analysis. The couple dining with us each ordered a med/rare steak dinner. She ordered a skewer of bbq shrimp to accompany her steak. When their meals arrived, one steak was overdone almost to the point of being burned and the other was med/well. He spoke to the waitress and then got up and walked out and went to the steak house across the street. As for his wife, her bbq shrimp did arrive, about the time she was ready to order desert.
As for myself, not being overly hungry, I opted for a hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes. Pretty basic? The meal arrived smothered in a tasteless, clear, semi-transparent, semi-coagulated, gelatin-based substance which I was told was gravy. I opened the sandwich and ate the meat and left everything else. When we voiced our displeasure regarding the quality of food to the waitress, the manager appeared and apologized. He accepted responsibility and said that he would personally pay our bill, indicating that he would be left on the hook for it.

Although I am not known for having a sensitive stomach, shortly after dinner, my troubles soon began, and continued well into the next morning. After 12 hours of severe illness which I will not elaborate upon here, I was able to shower and gain enough strength to check out. I made the general manager aware of the entire episode without sparing any details. He asked if I had made the restaurant manager aware and as he processed my bill, he wished me well.

As for finding a silver-lining in this hotel stay, all I can say is that the staff were friendly but didn't have much to work with.

Happy Camper

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for bringing to my attention the problems you encountered during your stay at the Travelodge Bedford. It's nice to hear compliments on our staff's performance. As a new
Travelodge hotel, we are in the process of upgrading our facility. As you noted, the bedding is
in need of replacement in some of the rooms. Our first shipment of mattresses is scheduled to arrive the first week of June. We also are planning carpet and wallpaper in rooms where it
is needed. I will follow up with our Restaurant Manager on your comments about your dinner.
Please know that I value your business, and to renew your confidence in us I would like to offer
you a complimentary room night the next time you are in the Bedford area. Please call me personally at 800-752-8592.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Days Inn Breezewood
Days Inn Breezewood
#4 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!