“No consideration to health issues”
Review of Travelodge Bedford

Travelodge Bedford
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Frazer, Pennsylvania
“No consideration to health issues”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for nine nights for work in the area. Have stayed at this hotel for 20+ years. I have a breathing condition and requested a ground floor room. I was told that I could not have a ground floor room as they were full on one night during our stay. I asked for management to review my request and still was told I had to take a second floor room. Over the last four years this hotel has went downhill fast. Beds are old as well as bedspreads etc. I had four other rooms occupied by my crew. Two were smoking rooms that were disgusting. There was black mold in the bathroom of one room. I will no longer stay at this dump.
The picture on the website showed a nice room with nice bedspread. I did not see any room at this dump that was upgraded.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. The two suites are ok.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for bringing to my attention your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at the Travelodge Bedford. We need to know our shortcomings with our guest so that we can improve. When you made your online reservation, we were sold out of first floor rooms two of the nights, and the area you normally stay in we were replacing all mattresses and bedding. We are also in the process of many other renovations. I hope that your past positvie experience will persuade you to give our Travelodge another opportunity to better serve you in the future. Please call me personally to make your reservation at 800-752-8592.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Rooms have been refurbished since last stay here. Still the same great staff! Still the same great breakfast buffet! And the best hot wings in the world at Clara's Place. Have stayed here when it was the Best Western, then the Bedford Inn and now Travelodge. Just keeps getting better.

Room Tip: They have rooms that you can drive up to your door but if you prefer something more quiet, there are...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
I am so glad you had a great experience during your recent stay at the Travelodge Bedford. I will make sure the staff at Clara's Place knows how much you liked the wings and breakfast buffet. Please come back and stay again when you are in the Bedford area.
Ind
Reviewed 20 July 2013

A beautiful, old school motel with an excellent hot tub, pool, and free breakfast about 2 miles from the quaint town of Bedford. Nice park and walking area downtown. Motel is great for family reunions.

Room Tip: On Lincoln Highway 30. A great old place about 2 miles north of the beautiful town of Bedford
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your nice comments. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy our outdoor pool and hot tub. Hope to see you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Best Western Plaza Inn
Best Western Plaza Inn
#4 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Bedford

Property: Travelodge Bedford
Address: 4517 Business 220, Exit 146 PA Turnpike, Bedford, PA 15522-7763 (Formerly Bedford Inn)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Bedford
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Family Hotel in Bedford
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Bedford 2*
Travelodge Bedford is located right at the exit off I-76 West, Intersection of I-99 and business 220, a 30 minutes drive to ALTOONA, 2 hours to Pittsburg,PA. Great for travelers overnight stay, truckers Parking available on site, complimentary breakfast, Free WI-Fi, 24 hours CCTV cameras for security for safety and worry free stay, great Amenities at property include Kids friendly environment game room, Outdoor SPA, Seasonal Pool opens in Summer, conference rooms with WI-FI and on-site restaurant with American food, Exterior property with access to parking right outside your room, Fitness room with Sauna. Come visit the historic town of Bedford with lots of outdoor activities in and around the town. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Travelodge Bedford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Bedford Hotel Bedford