“Travel Lodge Bedford”
Review of Travelodge Bedford

Travelodge Bedford
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The location, staff and on site restaurant were superb. We were a little disappointed in the room. The king size bed was very old as was the bedding and there was mold in one corner by the ceiling. Would also have greatly appreciated a mini fridge and microwave since we were there for several days and had to deal with the hassle of a cooler with ice for creamer and drinks. But overall, we would return again. The pool and very large hot tub were a great place to relax. And the surrounding area had tons of interesting things to occupy our time. We were told at check out that the room we stayed in was scheduled to be redone as well as several others and the owners intend to update overall.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

I appreciate your suggestions on how we can improve. We will be receiving another bedding shipment soon and continue to renovate other areas as well. I will let our staff and Clara's Place restaurant know you recognized their efforts. Please come back again the next time you are in the Bedford area.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Very basic accommodations, but you get what you pay for. The hotel did have WiFi and had a very nice gym room on the main floor. The breakfast Buffett had lots of healthy (& unhealthy choices), like fresh fruit, yogurt and scrambled eggs along with bacon and sausage. Also had batter to make fresh waffles. The gym had a weight machine, a bicycle trainer and a treadmill. The pool was very small.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for sharing your nice comments. Travelodge Bedford is a great value with all the amenities included. My staff and I look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Good value,quite and clean rooms, a bit outdated but nice I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The staff was friendly and ready to provide what we needed. The beds were ok, a little hard but not enough to keep you from a good nights sleep. The price also included a small hot breakfast buffet in the attached restaurant which was fair. The staff in the restaurant (Tasha?) was very friendly and made us feel welcome. We dont travel with pets but was talking to a gentleman who was so they are pet friendly although we never could tell no smells etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Cindy S, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Travelodge Bedford. It is definitely a great location right off I99 and the PA Turnpike. I will share your nice comments with my staff. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Recently The Bedford Inn has associated itself with Travelodge. Lots of freshening up has been done and our recent stay of a week was most comfortable. This is not a 5-star lodging nor does it pretend to be. What it IS is a great family place, good accommodations, comfortable beds, clean rooms and a nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your nice comments. I will pass them along to my staff. I"m glad you appreciate the value offered especially for families traveling. I will look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

stayed two days while visiting historical sites. Rooms are clean, quiet if in the right room. Some smoker's smell comes in from the outside ventilation. Strong wifi signal in my room. Fabulous breakfast, nice pool. AC works quietly and stable, but lets in outside smells. Would help to provide smoking area away from the doors and hallway. It was a better deal for the price than some expensive places I've stayed.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from two story section and from hall near pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Travelodge Bedford. We strive to provide excellent customer service to our guests and believe it our Hotel is a good value with all the amenities offered. Hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nites during July...I was laid-off in June and had to cancel Gettysburg, so we decided on somewhere closer to home. This was perfect! What a nice place...we love dogs, and we saw a few of them. Rooms were nice, clean, and comfortable, I don't know why some people complain here about a smell; everything is just great! That pool in the back by the hill is just beautiful. It takes you away from the main highway and you feel like you truly are in the country. No complaints here!

Room Tip: Be sure not to get the 1 or 2 rooms that face a cement wall on the first floor. Rooms that face the...
1  Thank Marcella T
Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Thank you so much for your nice comments on your recent stay at the Travelodge Bedford. I will share your praises with my staff. Our pool and courtyard area are a great asset. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
0 mi away
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#2 of 9 in Breezewood

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!