“Nothing like before...”
Review of Travelodge Bedford

Travelodge Bedford
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a room here through trip advisor last minute because we'd had a great experience here before. The man at the front desk was very misleading and stated I should never book using a third party because the room I wanted, booked and paid for wasn't available. The room we ended up in was so out dated and small! It looked NOTHING like the room we stayed in before at this very same motel. It smelled horrible and wasn't cleaned thoroughly. We couldn't believe it was the same place!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for bringing to my attention the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. I apologize that there was confusion with your reservation and room type you were assigned. We have been experiencing some issues with last minute reservations being delayed in appearing in our system. At the same time we are selling rooms to guests walking in which occasionally overbooks certain room types. I have taken measures the last 2 weeks to change inventory levels and restrictions and it seems to be working a lot better. Please call me personally at 800-752-8592 for your next reservation and I will extend a 20% discount on your stay.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at the Travelodge Bedford July 21st until the 24th, it was a rather nice visit to the area and that is due in large part because of the Travelodge. the room was very clean with lots of towels and other amenities. Yes, the hotel is a little older, but the customer service is first rate and the breakfast is rather well put together. The front desk personnel was very knowledgeable of the area and made several suggestions of local places to visit, as well as the local county fair which was taking place at that time. The pool was a real treat, as well.

I will be staying at the hotel the next time I visit the area!!!!

Room Tip: had a first floor room and it was great access to my car, and it was a spacious. Also the AC was in...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sami C

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our Front Desk staff was able to give you good recommendations for touring the area. Our staff strives to provide excellent customer service, a great breakfast, and exceptionally clean rooms. I will let me entire staff know their efforts were recognized and appreciated by you. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank G. A

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 August 2014

When I arrived at the hotel with my tired family, the kind desk clerk, Dave, told me that my on-line reservation hadn't made it to their computer system. I had made reservations using hotels.com a few days before. Luckily, Dave was eventually able to find a room for us, but I was worried for awhile.

There were other minor annoyances: no decaf coffee in our room, finicky lighting, and a breakfast that wasn't very good. Dave was quite responsive when asked about the decaf coffee and lighting, so that was nice.

Overall, my whole family was tired from traveling, and we didn't enjoy dealing the hassles.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for bringing to my attention the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. We have been experiencing some issues with last minute reservations being delayed in appearing in our system. I have taken measures to change inventory and restrictions over the last two weeks and this has taken care of the problem. I will also share your comments and suggestions with my staff. Please call me personally at 800-752-8592 to make your next reservation and I will give you a 20% discount.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here on my business travels. Nice older motel style place.
Clean, good breakfast and in rooms. Personnel was very nice as well.
Looks like the owner, Hoss's Hotel Group are constantly doing updates as well.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments on your recent stay with us.
We pride ourselves in our exceptionally clean rooms and friendly service to all of our guests. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
0 mi away
#2 of 9 in Breezewood
Motel Town House
Motel Town House
#9 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!